A deep, dark woodland, where the silence sends chills down the spine.
A wolf pack dwells in the shadows — one so dangerous that even the most fearless of hunters do not venture there lightly.
The howling of the wolves at night can be heard from a long distance.Expedition description
|Small Lamp Grass||✔|
- All four major languages (supported in Genshin Impact) use a name that either sounds archaic or gives an European atmosphere.
- The English name consists of the archaic adjective wolven ("wolf's") and the suffix -dom ("jurisdiction"), whose usage is archaic in this sense. The translation "Wolvendom" is perhaps influenced by Elvendom, the domain of elves in Tolkien's novels.
- The name in the original Chinese version Bēnláng-lǐng (Chinese: 奔狼领) means the "Fiefdom of Running Wolves." However, the hanzi 领 as a suffix in this sense is relatively rare in Mandarin and limited to European fiefdoms such as 伯爵领 ("county" in Europe, but not in ancient China).[Note 2] Therefore, the term offers the atmosphere of medieval and early modern Europe and gives an impression that its ruler Andrius is an European noble lord, not just the leader of a pack of wolves.
- The Japanese version uses the name "奔狼領," the direct hanzi-to-kanji conversion, which has the same sense as the Chinese name. Unlike Mandarin, however, the suffix -領 ("domain" or "fief") is very common in Japanese and has no specific connotation. Meanwhile, the usage of 奔 ("to run") is relatively rare compared with Mandarin; therefore, the name gives an archaic or literary atmosphere overall.
- The Korean name 울프 영지 means "Ulpeu Fiefdom," where Ulpeu is a transcription of the English noun wolf or the German noun Ulf ("wolf"), thereby giving an European atmosphere.