Wishes, commonly known as Banners, are the gacha system in Genshin Impact. There are two main types of Wishes: the permanent Standard Wish, Wanderlust Invocation, and limited-time Event Wishes for Characters and Weapons.
The "Standard Wish", Wanderlust Invocation, is always available and requires Acquaint Fate to wish from it. The Beginners' Wish is available indefinitely until all 20 wishes are made, has a 20% discount on the Acquaint Fate required to wish, and guarantees the player receives Noelle and one other 4 or 5-star character within the 20 wishes.
Limited-time Event Wishes are split into two wishes, one for characters and one for weapons, and as the name implies, they are only available for a limited time. Event Wishes require Intertwined Fates instead of Acquaint Fates.
Character Event Wishes have one promotional 5★ character and three featured 4★ characters. Weapon Event Wishes will have two promotional 5★ weapons and five 4★ featured weapons. Both the promotional 5★ and featured 4★ items will have an increased probability for players to wish them when compared to the basic rates when the guarantees are factored in.
Players can buy either of the Fates for 160 Primogems each in the Wishes menu or through Paimon's Bargains. There are also in-game methods of obtaining Fates; see their respective pages for more information.
Current Event Wishes
|Character Event Wish||Weapon Event Wish|
|October 13, 2021 ~ November 02, 2021 (Version 2.2)|
Farewell of Snezhnaya
Upcoming Event Wishes
|Character Event Wish||Weapon Event Wish|
|November 02, 2021 ~ November 22, 2021 (Version 2.2)|
|Moment of Bloom||Epitome Invocation|
Character Event Wishes
Limited event wishes that have 1 promotional 5★ character and 3 featured 4★ characters.
|Item||Base Rate||Average Rate|
|4★ Character or Weapon||5.1%||13%|
- 4★ drop guarantee: If a player does not obtain any 4★ (or above) item within 9 wishes in a row, the 10th wish is guaranteed to be a 4★ (or higher) item.
- This counter will reset if the player obtains any 4★ item.
- Featured 4★ character guarantee: Every time a player obtains a 4★ item, there is a 50% chance it will be one of the featured 4★ characters.
- If the 4★ item obtained is not one of the featured characters, then the next 4★ item obtained is guaranteed to be one of the featured characters.
- Thus it requires a maximum of 20 wishes to obtain one of the featured 4★ characters.
- 5★ drop guarantee: If a player does not obtain any 5★ item after 89 wishes, the 90th wish is guaranteed to be a 5★ item.
- This counter will reset if the player obtains any 5★ item.
- Character Event Wishes do not contain 5★ weapons in their item pool, as such each 5★ drop will be a character.
- Promotional 5★ character guarantee: Every time a player obtains a 5★ item, there is a 50% chance it will be the promotional 5★ character.
- If the 5★ item obtained is not the promotional character, the next 5★ item is guaranteed to be the promotional character.
- Thus it requires a maximum of 180 wishes to guarantee obtaining the promotional 5★ character.
- Counter and Guarantee carry-over: Each wish of the same type shares the above counters and guarantees, this means that your counters for the current Character Event Wish are carried over to the next Character Event Wish (but not the Weapon Event Wish or Wanderlust Invocation).
- For example, if one wishes 89 3/4★ items on Character Event Wish A, then the first wish on the following promotional Character Event Wish B will be a guaranteed 5-star character.
- Likewise if one wished a non-promotional 5-star character on Character Event Wish A, then the next 5-star character on Character Event Wish B will be guaranteed to be the promotional character.
Weapon Event Wishes
Limited event wishes that have 2 promotional 5★ weapons and 5 featured 4★ weapons.
|Item||Base Rate||Average Rate including Pity|
|4★ Character or Weapon||6%||14.5%|
- 4★ drop guarantee: If a player does not obtain any 4★ or above item after 9 wishes, then the 10th wish is guaranteed to be a 4★ or higher item.
- This counter will reset if the player wishes any 4★ or above item.
- Featured 4★ weapon guarantee: Every time a player wins a 4★ item, there is a 75% chance it will be one of the featured 4-star weapons.
- If the 4-star item won is not one of the featured weapons, the next 4-star item won is guaranteed to be one of the featured weapons.
- Thus it requires a maximum of 20 wishes to obtain one of the featured 4★ weapons.
- 5★ drop guarantee: If a player does not win a 5★ item 79 wishes in a row, the 80th wish is guaranteed to be a 5★ item.
- This counter will reset if the player wishes any 5★ item.
- Promotional 5★ weapon guarantee: Every time a player wins a 5★ item, there is a 75% chance it will be a promotional 5★ weapon.
- If the 5★ item won is not one of the promotional weapons, the next 5★ item is guaranteed to be a promotional weapon.
- Thus it requires a maximum of 160 wishes to guarantee obtaining one of the promotional 5★ weapons.
- Promotional weapon wishes do not contain 5★ characters in their item pool, as such each 5★ drop will be a weapon.
- Counter and Guarantee carry-over: Each wish of the same type shares the above counters and guarantees, this means that your counters for the current Weapon Event Wish are carried over to the next Weapon Event Wish (but not the Character Event Wish or the Standard Wish).*The weapon selection can be changed or canceled. This will reset your accumulated Fate Points.
- For example, if one wishes 79 3/4★ items on Weapon Event Wish A, then the first wish on the following Weapon Event Wish B will be a guaranteed 5-star weapon.
- Likewise if one wished a non-promotional 5-star weapon on Weapon Event Wish A, then the next 5-star weapon on Weapon Event Wish B will be guaranteed to be a promotional weapon.
- Once the player has charted a course towards their chosen weapon, they will obtain 1 Fate Point upon receiving a 5-star weapon that is not the one that they chose. A maximum of 2 Fate Points can be obtained.
- Once enough Fate Points has been accumulated, the next 5-star weapon will be the one chosen through "Epitomized Path."
- Then number of Fate Points will be reset upon obtaining an "Epitomized Path" weapon during the current "Epitome Invocation."
- If a weapon is not chosen, wishes will not accumulate Fate Points.
- The weapon selection can be changed or canceled. This will reset your accumulated Fate Points.
- When the current "Epitome Invocation" ends, the number of accumulated Fate Points will also be reset.
- Therefore, an upper limit of 240 wishes (38,400 Primogems) may be required on one Epitome Invocation wish to guarantee the desired 5-star weapon.
When players wish weapons and characters from wishes, they also receive Masterless Stardust and/or Masterless Starglitter. These items can be traded in Paimon's Bargains to obtain other items or characters.
|wished item||Additional reward|
|Duplicate 5★ Character||10 Masterless Starglitter and|
1 Stella Fortuna for that character
|Duplicate 5★ Character
|25 Masterless Starglitter|
|Duplicate 4★ Character||2 Masterless Starglitter and|
1 Stella Fortuna for that character
|Duplicate 4★ Character
|5 Masterless Starglitter|
|5★ Weapon||10 Masterless Starglitter|
|4★ Weapon||2 Masterless Starglitter|
|3★ Weapon||15 Masterless Stardust|
Guides and Tools
- Genshin Wishes
- A website that keeps track of wishes and pities using in-game API along with some detailed statistics and filters.
- Primogem + Fate Tracker and Roll Calculator (Google Docs
- Go to File > Make a copy or File > Download to use. For questions, message DQueenie13.
- Wish Tally (Personal) and Wish Tally - Comparison (Community) Google Sheet
- Used for keeping track of your Wish History (PC, Mobile and PlayStation). Copy your Wish History onto the sheet, and it will then calculate your pity for each banner. You can also compare your results with other accounts via the Comparison sheet.
- Now has Auto Import, using feedback URL and auto-populating your sheet with ease.
- Events, Constellation to keep track of all Characters.
- Please note that Genshin Impact will only display 6 months of your Wish History, store your wish data in the tracker/tally to preserve your Wish Statistic.
- The 1.6% consolidated rate, with guarantees on the Event Character wish is equivalent to one 5* character per 62.5 wishes, or exactly 10,000 Primogems.
- Because the 50:50 guarantee on Character Event Wishes only applies to the featured character, the actual average percentage of featured characters from 5★ drops is 66.6% or two thirds overall. This is derived in the article Markov Chain.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do the standard, character, and weapon event wishes each have separate pity?
- Does pity carry over on a new banner within the same character or weapon event wishes?
- Yes, pity built up in the previous banner will be used in the new banner.
- Does Fate Points carry over on a new banner within the weapon event?
- No, Fate Points are reset in every new banner.
- Does obtaining a 5★ item before 80 or 90 wishes guarantee another 5★ item at the 80th or 90th wish?
- No, the pity counter is reset whenever any 5★ (character or weapon) is obtained. The hard pity is guaranteed if and only if no 5★ items have been rolled in the last 80 or 90 wishes, counting from the most recently obtained 5★ item.
- Is the 50/50 or 75/25 shared between character or weapon event wishes?
- No, since their pities are separate, their guarantees are as well.
- Does losing the 50/50 or 75/25 guarantee the next 5★ win to be the featured item in the banner?
- Does winning the 50/50 or 75/25 guarantee the next 5★ win to be the featured item in the banner?
- No, the next 5★ will be a 50/50 or 75/25.
- Does winning one of the 5★ featured weapons in the weapon event guarantee the next 5★ to be the other 5★ featured weapon?
- No, the next 5★ can be either of the 2 featured weapons or a non-featured one.
- When does soft pity for the banners start?
- Soft pity for the character and standard banners start at the 75th wish and the weapon banner starts at the 63rd wish.