Wishes (Banners) are the gacha system in Genshin Impact. There are two main types of Wishes: the permanent Standard Wish, Wanderlust Invocation, and limited-time Event Wishes for characters and weapons.
The "Standard Wish", Wanderlust Invocation, is always available and requires Acquaint Fate to pull from it. The Beginners' Wish is available indefinitely until all 20 pulls are made, has a 20% discount on the Acquaint Fate required to pull, and guarantees the player receives Noelle and one other 4 or 5-star character within the 20 pulls.
Limited-time Event Wishes are split into two banners, one for characters and one for weapons, and as the name implies, they are only available for a limited time. Event Wishes require Intertwined Fates instead of Acquaint Fates.
Character Event Wishes have one promotional 5★ character and three featured 4★ characters. Weapon Event Wishes will have two promotional 5★ weapons and five 4★ featured weapons. Both the promotional 5★ and featured 4★ items will have an increased probability for players to pull them when compared to the basic rates when the guarantees are factored in.
Players can buy either of the Fates for 160 Primogems each in the Wishes menu or through Paimon's Bargains. There are also in-game methods of obtaining Fates; see their respective pages for more information.
Current Event Wishes
|Character Event Wish||Weapon Event Wish|
|February 17, 2021 ~ March 2, 2021||February 23, 2021 ~ March 16, 2021|
Dance of Lanterns
Upcoming Event Wishes
Promotional Character Wish
For limited/event wishes that have 1 promotional 5★ character and 3 featured 4★ characters.
|Item||Base Rate||Average Rate|
|4★ Character or Weapon||5.1%||13%|
- 4★ drop guarantee: If a player does not win any 4★ or above item after 9 pulls, then the 10th pull is guaranteed to be a 4★ or higher item.
- This counter will reset if the player pulls any 4★ or above item.
- Featured 4★ character guarantee: Every time a player wins a 4★ item, there is a 50% chance it will be one of the featured 4★ characters.
- If the 4★ item won is not one of the featured characters, the next 4★ item won is guaranteed to be one of the featured characters.
- Thus it requires a maximum of 20 pulls to win a featured banner character.
- 5★ drop guarantee: If a player does not win any 5★ item after 89 pulls, the 90th pull is guaranteed to be a 5★ item.
- This counter will reset if the player pulls any 5★ item.
- Promotional character banners do not contain 5★ weapons in their item pool.
- Promotional 5★ character guarantee: Every time a player wins a 5★ item, there is a 50% chance it will be the promotional 5★ character.
- If the 5★ item won is not the promotional character, the next 5★ item won is guaranteed to be the promotional character.
- Thus it requires a maximum of 180 pulls to win the promotional banner character.
- Counter and Guarantee carry-over: Each banner of the same type shares the above counters and guarantees, this means that your counters for the current promotional character banner are carried over to the next promotional character banner (but not the promotional weapon banner or the standard wish).
- For example, if one pulls 89 3/4★ items on promotional character banner A, then the first pull on the following promotional character banner B will be a guaranteed 5-star character.
- Likewise if one pulled a non-promotional 5-star character on banner A, then the next 5-star character on promotional banner B will be guaranteed to be the promotional character.
Promotional Weapon Wish
For event wishes that have multiple promotional 5★ weapons and multiple featured 4★ weapons.
|Item||Base Rate||Average Rate including Pity|
|4★ Character or Weapon||6%||14.5%|
- 4★ pity: If a player does not win a 4-star or above item 9 pulls in a row the 10th pull is guaranteed to be a 4★ or higher item. This counter will reset if the player pulls any 4★ or above item.
- Featured 4★ weapon guarantee: Every time a player wins a 4★ item from a wish, there is a 75% chance it will be one of the featured 4-star weapons. If the 4-star item won is not one of the featured weapons, the next 4-star item won is guaranteed to be one of the featured weapons.
- 5★ pity: If a player does not win a 5★ item 79 pulls in a row, the 80th pull is guaranteed to be a 5★ item. This counter will reset if the player pulls any 5★ item.
- Promotional 5★ weapon guarantee: Every time a player wins a 5★ item from a wish, there is a 75% chance it will be a promotional 5★ weapon. If the 5★ item won is not one of the promotional weapons, the next 5★ item won is guaranteed to be a promotional weapon.
- Promotional weapon banners do not contain 5★ characters in their item pool.
- Each type of banner has its own counter, this means that the counter for the current promotional weapon banner is carried over to the next promotional weapon banner (but not the promotional character banner or the standard wish).
When players pull weapons and characters from wishes, they also receive Masterless Stardust and/or Masterless Starglitter. These items can be traded in Paimon's Bargains to obtain other items or characters.
|Pulled item||Additional reward|
|Duplicate 5★ Character||10 Masterless Starglitter and|
1 Stella Fortuna for that character
|Duplicate 5★ Character
|25 Masterless Starglitter|
|Duplicate 4★ Character||2 Masterless Starglitter and|
1 Stella Fortuna for that character
|Duplicate 4★ Character
|5 Masterless Starglitter|
|5★ Weapon||10 Masterless Starglitter|
|4★ Weapon||2 Masterless Starglitter|
|3★ Weapon||15 Masterless Stardust|
- Primogem + Fate Tracker and Roll Calculator (Google Docs; go to File > Make a copy or File > Download to use. For questions, message DQueenie13.)
- Wish Tally (Personal) and Wish Tally - Comparison (Community) Google Sheet Keeping track of your Wish History (Only for PC and Android), copy your wishes History onto the Sheet, it will then calculate your pity for each banner. You can also compare your results with other accounts via the Comparison sheet.
- Please note that Genshin Impact will only display 6 month of your Wish History, store your wish data in the tracker/tally to preserve your Wish Statistic.