Weapons in Genshin Impact are equipment that assists the player during their quests by helping them deal damage to the enemies.
There are currently five different types of weapons in Genshin Impact, and each character is only able to wield one weapon type. Go to each weapon type's page (Bows, Catalysts, Claymores, Polearms, or Swords) for a list of all weapons of that type. Weapons/Table also has a consolidated table for all weapons.
|Swords||Sword attacks are the middle ground of melee weapons, the damage of their hits and speed of their attacks are somewhere in between the slow attacks of Claymores and the rapid attacks of Polearms.|
|Claymores||Claymores restrict the character wielding it to slower hits than other melee weapons, but deal much more damage per swing. Claymores also have a damage bonus towards breaking Geo objects, like a monster's shield.|
|Polearms||Polearms have the fastest attacks of all the weapons and good forward reach.|
|Catalysts||Due to their magical nature, all Normal and Charged Attacks performed with a Catalyst are considered elemental damage. The element of the damage depends on the wielder's natural element/vision.|
|Bows||Bows boast long-ranged attacks in the game, with Charged Attacks that are capable of hitting monsters as far as the eye can see with the proper aim.|
All weapons have a rarity ranging from 1-star to 5-stars. Weapons with higher rarity/stars have higher scaling on their stats than weapons of lesser rarity but are more difficult to obtain, and also require more Weapon EXP to level up.
- Example: Even if Debate Club (3* Claymore) and Wolf's Gravestone (5* Claymore) are both Lv.20. The former will have only 87 Base ATK and an additional 9.8% Base ATK as a 2nd stat, while the latter will have 160 Base ATK and an additional 15.1% Base ATK as a 2nd stat.
How to Obtain
- 5-star weapons can only be obtained through Wishes.
- 4-star weapons can be obtained from Wishes, bought through Paimon's Bargains, and be crafted via Forging.
- 3-star weapons can be obtained through wishes and from chests in the open world.
- 2-star and 1-star weapons can be obtained from chests in the open world, or purchased from NPC shops. 1-star weapons also come bundled with new characters.
Just like Characters, weapons can gain experience and increase their level by consuming other weapons or Weapon Enhancement Materials. Also, like Characters, weapons can be ascended to their next Phase once they reach their current max level up to 6 times (Lv.90). Weapon ascension requires Weapon Ascension Materials. Go to weapon EXP tables →
|Phase||Max Level||Required Adventure Rank|
Weapons that have a rarity of 3-stars or higher have a secondary stat that provides the wielder with a bonus that scales with the weapon's level, just like its Base ATK. One of the following secondary stats can be given, depending on the weapon:
- ATK Weapons
- DEF Weapons
- HP Weapons
- CRIT DMG Weapons
- CRIT Rate Weapons
- Elemental Mastery Weapons
- Energy Recharge Weapons
- Physical DMG Bonus Weapons
Base Attack Scaling
Secondary Stat Scaling
Weapons that have a rarity of 3-stars or higher have a passive along with their secondary stat. These passives can range from something simple - buffs like Raven Bow's "Bane of Flame and Water" passive that consistently increases damage dealt to enemies affected by Hydro or Pyro - to something more complex like The Widsith's "Debut" passive which provides one of 3 random buffs when you switch to that character that has it equipped.
Weapon's passive effect can be increased by refining. It will be increased with every rank, up to a maximum of rank 5. Every weapon that has a passive effect can be refined by consuming an identical weapon.
- Event Only Weapons have been given for free with materials to refine to Rank 5 during the following Version Events: