There are currently five different types of weapons in Genshin Impact. Each character is only able to wield one weapon type. Visit each weapon type's page (Bows, Catalysts, Claymores, Polearms, or Swords) for a list of all weapons of the respective type. See Weapons/List for a list of all weapons.
|Swords||Sword attacks are the middle ground of melee weapons. The damage and speed of their attacks are comparable to those of Polearms, though with a shorter reach.|
|Claymores||Claymores attacks hit slower than melee weapons like Swords and Polearms, but deal much more damage per swing. Due to being considered Blunt Attacks, Claymore attacks deal increased damage to Geo objects, such as monsters' shields.|
|Polearms||Polearms have fast attacks, long forward reach, and deal moderate damage per hit.|
|Catalysts||Due to their magical nature, all Normal and Charged Attacks performed with a Catalyst are considered elemental damage. The element of the damage depends on the wielder's natural element/vision.|
|Bows||Bows boast long-ranged attacks, with Charged Attacks that are capable of hitting monsters as far as the eye can see with the proper aim. A fully-Charged Attack deals elemental damage.|
All weapons have a rarity ranging from 1-star to 5-stars. Weapons with higher rarity/stars have higher scaling on their stats than weapons of lesser rarity but are more difficult to obtain, and also require more Weapon EXP to level up.
- Example: Even if Debate Club (3* Claymore) and Wolf's Gravestone (5* Claymore) are both Lv.20, the Debate Club will have only 87 Base ATK and an additional 9.8% Base ATK as a 2nd stat, while the Wolf's Gravestone will have 160 Base ATK and an additional 15.1% Base ATK as a 2nd stat.
How to Obtain
- 5-star weapons can only be obtained through Wishes in Wanderlust Invocation and the limited time Event Wishes for Event-Exclusive Weapons. They cannot be obtained from the limited event wish for characters.
- 4-star weapons can be obtained from Wishes, bought through Paimon's Bargains, and be crafted via Forging.
- On some occasions, they will spawn in the open world, though never in chests. So far, the only such instance is the Snow-Tombed Starsilver.
- Some Events have Event-Only Weapons that cannot be obtained through any other methods.
- The Battle Pass unlocks the BP Bounty reward, which allows the player to choose from one type of each weapon.
- Some weapons are sent in the Mail to users of a certain platform. So far, weapons from the Outlander Series are the only instances.
- The permanent Event Stellar Reunion awards forgeable 4-star weapons.
- The Archon Quest A Long Shot rewards a 4-star weapon, the Favonius Warbow.
- The rewards for reaching Adventure Rank 10 at the Adventurers' Guild include a forgeable 4-star weapon, the Prototype Rancour.
- 3-star weapons can be obtained through Wishes and from chests in the open world.
- On some occasions, they will also spawn in the open world. So far, the only such instance is the Skyrider Greatsword.
- Some Archon Quests of the Prologue Chapter: Act I, The Outlander Who Caught the Wind reward 3-star weapons.
- Certain NPCs give 3-star weapons upon following a certain dialogue branch for the first time.
- 2-star and 1-star weapons can be obtained from chests in the open world, purchased from NPC shops, found during Investigation, or given by NPCs upon following a certain dialog branch for the first time. 1-star weapons also come bundled with new characters.
A weapon's appearance will change permanently upon reaching 2nd Ascension.
|Ascension Phase||Max Weapon Level||Required
|Mora Cost [Subtotal]|
|Lv. 40||AR 15||10,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||0|
|Lv. 50||AR 25||20,000
✦ ✦ ✦
|Lv. 60||AR 30||30,000
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
|Lv. 70||AR 35||45,000
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
|Lv. 80||AR 40||55,000
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
|Lv. 90||AR 50||65,000
Weapons that have a rarity of 3-stars or higher have a secondary stat that provides the wielder with a bonus that scales with the weapon's level, just like its Base ATK. One of the following secondary stats can be given, depending on the weapon:
- ATK Weapons
- DEF Weapons
- HP Weapons
- CRIT DMG Weapons
- CRIT Rate Weapons
- Elemental Mastery Weapons
- Energy Recharge Weapons
- Physical DMG Bonus Weapons
Base Attack Scaling
Secondary Stat Scaling
Weapons that have a rarity of 3-stars or higher have a passive along with their secondary stat. These passives can range from something simple - buffs like Raven Bow's "Bane of Flame and Water" passive that gives an increase in damage dealt to enemies affected by Hydro or Pyro - to something more complex like The Widsith's "Debut" passive which provides one of 3 random buffs when you switch to the character that has it equipped.
Weapons' passive effect can be increased by refining. It will be increased with every rank, up to a maximum of rank 5. Every weapon that has a passive effect can be refined by consuming an identical weapon.
If you have two copies of a refinement rank 2 weapon and refine them together, you will end up with a refinement rank 4 weapon. This holds true for all refinement ranks. However, you cannot exceed refinement rank 5 by doing this. Please note that your enhancement materials will not be refunded by doing this, if any were used.
Refining Event-Only Weapons (as well as "The Catch") will require specific refining material which is only available during the event. (Example: The refinement material for Dodoco Tales was in the Midsummer Island Adventure event shop. Buying all available 4 refinement materials from the shop allows the player to refine their Dodoco Tales to refinement 5.)
- Event-Only Weapons have been given with Refinement Materials to reach Refinement Rank 5 in every other Version Event. Only one copy of each weapon can be obtained.
- Festering Desire during Version 1.2's The Chalk Prince and the Dragon event.
- Windblume Ode during Version 1.4's Invitation of Windblume event.
- Dodoco Tales during Version 1.6's Midsummer Island Adventure event.
- Luxurious Sea-Lord during Version 2.1's Moonlight Merriment event.
- Cinnabar Spindle during Version 2.3's Shadows Amidst Snowstorms event.
- Oathsworn Eye during Version 2.5's Three Realms Gateway Offering event.
- Fading Twilight during Version 2.7's Perilous Trail event.
- A number of other weapons are only available in limited quantities.
- Traveler's Handy Sword, Fillet Blade, White Iron Greatsword, Skyrider Greatsword, White Tassel, Halberd, Otherworldly Story, Twin Nephrite, Recurve Bow, and Messenger are only available through exploration, quests, and dialogue branches.
- A single copy of Dark Iron Sword can be obtained following Chen the Sharp's dialogue branch for the first time.
- Weapons from the Outlander Series can be obtained through Mail once.
- A single copy of "The Catch", along with Refinement Materials to reach Refinement Rank 5, can be purchased from the Inazuma Fishing Association.