The Wangsheng Funeral Parlor was originally founded during or after the Archon War, when the fallen gods manifested demons that prompted Rex Lapis to send the Yaksha to protect Liyue. Over time, the Yaksha accumulated massive amounts of negative karma, some of which manifested into a plague that swept through Liyue, killing many in its path. Paranoid people believed it to be a curse from the gods, but a few realized that the plague could be contained by purifying the air and burning infected corpses. These people pioneered a new path and eventually founded the parlor. They and their successors would tirelessly maintain the balance between life and death.
It was originally more of a doctor's office than the funeral services that it is known for today.
|Hu Tao||77th Director||Active|
An interactable board can be found outside the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, added in Version 1.3. It is used during Papilio Charontis Chapter Act 1: Yet the Butterfly Flutters Away. The dialogue given for interacting with the board changes depending on the completion of the Story Quest.
- (Before starting Yet the Butterfly Flutters Away)
- Examine Board: (Seems like there's a board outside Wangsheng Funeral Parlor with lots of blank wooden tiles hanging from it... Hmm... what are they for?)
- Examine Board: (Never mind, I'm not sure I want to find out.)
- (Examine the board while Hu Tao is coming up with a business plan)
- Examine Board: (A board used for hanging Wangsheng Funeral Parlor's wooden tiles. According to Hu Tao, all the tiles should be blank...)
- Examine Board: (...In which case, the characters on the back of the tiles must be the "special offer.")
- (Examine the board after Hu Tao concocts her business plan)
- Examine Board: (A board outside Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. Clients use the wooden tiles to write down their commissions, before sliding them under the crack of the door.)
- Examine Board: (Hu Tao's advertisements can be found on the back of each tile: "Buy one get free for the holder of this tile.")
- Childe's dialogue in "An Organization Known as Wangsheng"