Vacuum Fields are objects that can pull or suck in enemies and other objects within an AoE. This can be achieved via character talents like Venti's Wind's Grand Ode, The Viridescent Hunt weapon passive, or other special event effects. Vacuum Fields are a kind of Crowd Control that can group or clump mobs closer together, making it easier for the player to attack multiple enemies at the same time.
The following character talents can create vacuum fields, vortices, or wind tunnels that can pull in and group enemies. Many of these abilities can also lift enemies into the air only if they are no more than 20 levels higher than the character using the skill.
6 Talents match the category selection:
Gale Blade Gale Blade
|Focusing the might of the formless wind around her blade, Jean releases a miniature storm, launching opponents in the direction she aims at, dealing massive Anemo DMG.
Hold: At the cost of continued stamina consumption, Jean can command the whirlwind to pull surrounding opponents and objects towards her front.
Kaedehara Kazuha Kaedehara Kazuha
|Unleashes a secret technique as fierce as the rushing wind that pulls objects and opponents towards Kazuha's current position before launching opponents within the AoE, dealing Anemo DMG and lifting Kazuha into the air on a rushing gust of wind.
Press: Can be used in mid-air.
Hold: Charges up before unleashing greater Anemo DMG over a larger AoE than Press Mode.
Plunging Attack: Midare Ranzan: Within 10s of remaining airborne after casting Chihayaburu, Kazuha can unleash a powerful Plunging Attack known as Midare Ranzan.
When a Plunging Attack is performed using the effects of the Elemental Skill Chihayaburu, Plunging Attack DMG is converted to Anemo DMG. On landing, Kazuha creates a small wind tunnel via a secret blade technique that pulls in nearby objects and opponents. Midare Ranzan's DMG is considered Plunging Attack DMG.
Astable Anemohypostasis Creation - 6308 Astable Anemohypostasis Creation - 6308
|Creates a small Wind Spirit that pulls opponents and objects towards its location, launches opponents within its AoE, and deals Anemo DMG.||Elemental Skill|
Forbidden Creation - Isomer 75 / Type II Forbidden Creation - Isomer 75 / Type II
|Sucrose hurls an unstable concoction that creates a Large Wind Spirit. While it persists, the Large Wind Spirit will continuously pull and launch nearby opponents, and deal Anemo DMG.
Elemental Absorption: If the Wind Spirit comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro elements, it will deal additional elemental DMG of that type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
Traveler (Anemo) Traveler (Anemo)
Gust Surge Gust Surge
|Guiding the path of the wind currents, you summon a forward-moving tornado that pulls objects and opponents towards itself, dealing Anemo DMG
Elemental Absorption: If the vortex comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro elements, it will deal additional elemental DMG of that type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
Wind's Grand Ode Wind's Grand Ode
|Fires off an arrow made of countless coalesced winds, creating a huge Stormeye that sucks in objects and opponents and deals continuous Anemo DMG.
Elemental Absorption: If the Stormeye comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro elements, it will deal additional elemental DMG of that type.
Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
2 Constellations match the category selection:
Spiraling Tempest Spiraling Tempest
|Increases the pulling speed of Gale Blade after holding for more than 1s, and increases the DMG dealt by 40%.||1|
Traveler (Anemo) Traveler (Anemo)
Raging Vortex Raging Vortex
|Palm Vortex pulls in opponents and objects within a 5m radius.||1|
1 weapons match the category selection:
|Icon||Name||Rarity||Base ATK (Lv.90)||2nd Stat (Lv.90)||Passive Ability|
|The Viridescent Hunt||42
|CRIT Rate 6%
Upon hit, Normal and Aimed Shot Attacks have a 50% chance to generate a Cyclone, which will continuously attract surrounding opponents, dealing 40~80% of ATK as DMG to these opponents every 0.5s for 4s. This effect can only occur once every 14~10s.
Targets within the vacuum Pulling Radius will start to accelerate towards the vacuum center. Radii are measured in meters.
- "Self" means that the vacuum center is wherever the caster (character or enemy) is currently standing.
- "Inner Radius" could refer to the area where the enemy starts taking damage from the vacuum.
|Vacuum||Pulling Radius (meters)||Inner Radius (meters)||Center||Other|
|Venti Wind's Grand Ode||~15||0.2||Autoaim||Off field|
|Sucrose Burst||~15||3.0||In front||Off field|
|Kazuha Skill (Hold)||~5–10||Self|
|Kazuha Skill (Press)||3–5||Self|
|Anemo Traveler skill||Self|
|Anemo Traveler Burst (Constellation Lv. 1: Raging Vortex)||5||Moving||Off field|
|The Viridescent Hunt vacuum||3||At location of hit target|
|Maguu Kenki vacuum||5-6||Self|
|Never-Ending Battle vacuum fields|
|Dust Devil Theatre Mechanicus field|
|Shikifuda: Strixwind Summoning||~5-6|
Some light enemies like slimes and hilichurls can be quickly pulled into vacuum fields and even lifted. Others will only slowly be dragged into the vortex.
From the source data, there appears to be two parameters governing the pulling strength of the vacuum field (also labeled "Wind Zones" in the source code):
It is unclear what exactly these refer to physically. It appears that the higher the Strength, the faster the pulling acceleration. Some of the Vacuum Field abilities will also target different entities (only enemies or things other than enemies). Some also depend on the weight of the enemy (see Interruption Resistance/Theoretical Data).
The following entities can be pulled into (some or all) player-created vacuum fields:
- Many enemies
- Items (enemy drops)
- Some wildlife like foxes and boars
- Windblume Festival Commemorative Balloon
- Some player-created entities:
The following entities cannot be pulled in by player-created vacuum fields:
- Bosses, including Weekly Bosses
Some events have special effects or objects that can create vacuum fields that affect either the opponent or player.
- Never-Ending Battle: Days 2-3 allow players to create vacuum fields under special conditions
- Invitation of Windblume (Floral Freefall): the Vortex Balloon can create a small vacuum field in the air that can pull in the gliding player
- Theater Mechanicus/2021-08-12: one of the upgrades for the Dust Devil will allow it to pull enemies within an AoE
- Anemo Specter: Upon defeat, if at max fury it will create a vacuum field that sucks in players and deals DoT.
- Fatui Anemoboxer Vanguard: Upon infusing their shield with Pyro, Hydro, Cryo or Electro, they will start sucking the player in and punch them, reflecting the damage.
- Eye of the Storm: Creates a vacuum field that sucks the player in and crashes into them from above.
- Anemo Hypostasis: Creates multiple tornadoes and a vacuum area.
- Maguu Kenki: Can create a vacuum field that drags the player towards it.
- Ruin Destroyer: Can create a vacuum field that drags the player towards it.
- Never-Ending Battle, Days 2 and 3
- Venti Source data: It will state the shapeName is "CircleR15" which could mean circle with radius 15 m
- In-game testing indicates around 10-15 meters or about half the width of the Valley of Remembrance domain
- Venti Source data
- It has roughly the same pulling AoE as Venti's burst.
- Sucrose Source data
- slightly less than Sucrose's burst
- less than Hold version
- Raging Vortex description
- Source Data for Weapon Abilities
- Interruption Resistance/Theoretical Data, Weapon section