Unusual Hilichurl — Menace of the Mansion is a unique common enemy. It wears a mask that reads "Wei" (伟), a reference to miHoYo's CEO, Liu Wei: it is mostly a game Easter egg.
There can only be one Unusual Hilichurl in the player's world at any given time. When an Unusual Hilichurl is defeated, it will go into its work briefcase and teleport to one of the 14 possible locations. After defeating the second one, there is a 12-hour cooldown before the Unusual Hilichurl can be fought again.
If the player finds them but leaves them alone, they will remain there for 12 hours before reappearing in another location. If the first one is defeated but not the second one, 12 hours after the first kill the spawn locations and count will reset. If the two Unusual Hilichurls are not found, they will respawn in a different location after some time (exact time is currently unknown; probably 12 hours).
If the player decides to engage in a fight with them but leave the combat, they will despawn.
Drops are limited to 10 kills per day, as they can be farmed in Co-Op Mode.
- Suitcase Knock Back
- Primogems and Cabbages as Damage Projectiles
- Homu Doll Toss
- During the Mimi Tomo event, it could call its comrades to assist it in battle, which included the following enemies:
- The Unusual Hilichurl's comrades would automatically fall once it is defeated.
- The Unusual Hilichurl can be knockbacked and pulled using certain Crowd Control skills. For example Diluc's Dawn will knock it back, and the Vacuum Field abilities like Sucrose's Elemental Burst Forbidden Creation - Isomer 75 / Type II will pull it in. Note that many of the Vacuum Field talents will only lift the enemy as long as it is not more than 20 levels higher than the character using the skill.
- Venti's Wind's Grand Ode will also pull in the Unusual Hilichurl, but it alone will not lift it. Similarly, Venti's Skyward Sonnet alone will not lift it. But if one uses Venti's Skyward Sonnet while the Unusual Hilichurl is trapped within Wind's Grand Ode, it is possible to lift it.
- The skills of Jean (Gale Blade) and the Anemo Traveler (Palm Vortex, Gust Surge) can knockback the Unusual Hilichurl. They can also lift it so long as it is not reaching into its suitcase (and it is no more than 20 levels higher than Jean or the Anemo Traveler's as mentioned above). On the other hand, Jean's Dandelion Breeze does not appear to launch it, but still damages it.
- Kazuha's Chihayaburu can pull in the Unusual Hilichurl and lift it.
- The Unusual Hilichurl cannot be rendered immobile by Frozen, Petrification from Zhongli's Planet Befall, or Mona's Stellaris Phantasm.
- The Unusual Hilichurl is unaffected by taunts.
- The Unusual Hilichurl can be defeated by drowning.
- The Unusual Hilichurl can be defeated by fall damage.
Unusual Hilichurls killed in the Mimi Tomo event will count for the completion of the achievement.
All Mondstadt locations are documented here.
All Liyue locations are documented here.
- Unusual Hilichurl (also known as Wei) is based on Da Wei, a self-insert character of Liu Wei, the director and founder of miHoYo. Da Wei also appeared in other miHoYo games, like Honkai Gakuen 2 (Gun Girls Z) and Honkai Impact 3rd.
- 伟 is the Chinese character for Wei, very similar to the one portrayed on Wei's mask.
- During the Mimi Tomo event, the hilichurls you talk to refer to the Unusual Hilichurl as 'Wei'.
- The yellow plushie that Wei pulls out of his suitcase is called Homu, which is a direct reference to Honkai Gakuen 2 (GGZ) and Honkai Impact 3 (HI3). Homu first appeared in GGZ as Bronya's doll.
- The Cabbages he uses and drops are in reference to HI3's mascot, Ai-chan, whose hairstyle and hair color is similar to the look and color of a cabbage.
- The number of Mora drops are exactly 233 Mora. "233" is a Chinese internet slang equivalent to "laugh out loud."
- During the Energy Amplifier Initiation event, Wei can be affected by the Irminsul Fruit Fragment's aura.
- Archive Description Translation: "Homu, Homu, we dance!"