When the Traveler and their sibling attempted to leave Teyvat, the unknown god blocked their path. Calling herself the "sustainer of heavenly principles," she denounced the "arrogation of mankind," and engaged the twins in battle. She summons swarms of dark red cubes to attack them (similar to the dark red cubes that ravaged Khaenri'ah), and upon trapping them, engulfs the twins individually within her cubes.
Upon being completely engulfed by her powers, the Traveler fell into a deep sleep and experienced countless nightmares. Once they awoke five hundred years later, their powers had been sealed away and they found no trace of their sibling.
Unbeknownst to the Traveler, their sibling had also awoken from the Unknown God's imprisonment at some point and eventually became the leader of the Abyss Order shortly before the Traveler's arrival in Mondstadt.
- The Unknown God bears a striking resemblance to Kiana Kaslana as the Herrscher of the Void, who comes from another HoYoverse game, Honkai Impact 3rd.
- The two also share the same Chinese and Japanese voice actresses.
- They both have the four-pointed symbol from the portal that The Unknown God uses.
- She appears to be spiteful towards mortals, mentioning "the arrogation of mankind." The word "arrogation" means "unjust assumption of privileges," though what exactly she meant by this line is currently left ambiguous.
- In the original Chinese text, she says 在此终结「人之子」的僭越 "The overstepping (usurpation) by the 'Child(ren) of Human(s)' ends here". It is unclear whether she is referring to a single character or speaking about humanity in general, as the term 人之子 on its own does not specify singular or plural.
- The Unknown God shares voice actresses with multiple characters across the various voiceover languages:
- The Unknown God's portals are shaped like four-pointed stars, a common motif in Genshin Impact.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
Mòshēng de Shénlíng
Mòshēng de Shénlíng
|Spanish||Deidad desconocida||Unknown Deity|
|French||Déité inconnue||Unknown Deity|
Thep Chao Niranam
|German||Unbekannter Gott||Unknown God|
|Indonesian||Dewa tak dikenal||Unknown God|
|Portuguese||Deusa Desconhecida||Unknown Goddess|