A boy and a girl stood amidst the tumult, under an unfamiliar sky. You were a pair of traveling twins, passing through countless worlds during your journey. Descending upon a continent named Teyvat, you hoped that you would be able to enjoy your time here.
But as you awoke among the falling stars, you saw the world in turmoil, a cataclysm raging across the land...
You sought to leave this place and move on to the next world, but then an Unknown God stood before you, barring the way. This deity was spotless, floating over a world of chaos.
Looking down on you.
The god took your only kin away, and you were sealed and cast into a deep slumber filled with nightmares...
When you reawakened, the world was changed. The flames of war raged no longer, and nothing was left that looked familiar.
How long had you been asleep? You had no answers.
Thus you began a lonely journey, seeking the deity that you had once laid eyes upon...
After that, you met Paimon, and wandered together for some time.
You learned that this world has seven deities who rule the seven nations as the Seven Archons.
Your first stop was the free city of wine and song, Mondstadt, a city built by the Anemo Archon.
As you stepped into Mondstadt as an outlander, it was, as the other nations were, beset on both sides by non-human and human threats.
The non-human threat was comprised of the confederacy known as the Abyss Order. The human threat, on the other hand, stemmed from the ambition of the Tsaritsa, god of Snezhnaya.
The Abyss Order had corrupted an ally of the Anemo Archon, the Dragon of the East of the Four Winds of Mondstadt.
These threats from without and within caused the return of the Anemo Archon, who took on the form of a bard and joined you in your journey to save the dragon.
Yet there was something then that you did not see — for as the dragon fell to the Abyss, a certain figure had been reflected in its eyes...
The one who rules the Abyss.
He had once traveled with you, and you had once crossed many worlds together.
(To be added)
(To be added)
(To be added)
When faced with circumstances that they cannot control, humans often bemoan their powerlessness.
But if a person is found to have surpassing ambition even as their life reaches such a desperate turning point, then the gods would look upon them with favor.
This favor is the Vision, an external magical focus given to those who have been acknowledged by the gods which they can use to channel elemental power.
Celestia is the realm of the gods, and the wielders of Visions walk the earth below. When they depart from this world, the chosen will ascend.
After coming to this world, you often hear people speak of such things.
You, for your part, can never receive a Vision, for an alien lifeform does not belong...
Is it wise to allow a moment's ambition to dominate one's entire life?
You have needed to consider many such thought-provoking questions, ones that require lengthy consideration, during your journey through many worlds...
Loom of Fate
(To be added)
- Though the Traveler does not possess a Vision, they are still able to use the elemental powers of the Archons.
- There is a visual indicator for which element the player is currently attuned to; the player's clothing will glow with the color of whichever element they are currently borrowing the power of.
- The Traveler uses different means from other characters to obtain materials used for Ascension and Constellations.
- Ascensions require Brilliant Diamonds, which are obtained through Adventure Rank rewards.
- Constellations, which are maintained separately for each element, require Memories, which are obtained through various means, including Adventure Rank rewards, Quest Rewards, and Shops.
- Kaeya's voice-overs state the Traveler is under the drinking age.
- According to the pronouns the twins use to address each other in the opening cutscene, Aether is the older sibling and Lumine is the younger.
- During the Venti story quest Should You Be Trapped in a Windless Land, we find out that both twins used to have imaginary friends when they were kids.