The Thunder Manifestation is a Normal Boss in Genshin Impact. The boss is unlocked after completing the Seirai Stormchasers quest series. It is the congealed "regret" of the deceased Kanna Kapatcir.
Amidst the storms of Amakuno Peak, you hear a raging, thunderous cry...
An unusual Electro life form that weaves thunder and lightning as song unto the resentment that drives its every move.
Even though this creature may seem similar to the Oceanids, this creature lacks their intelligence. They say that this is an elemental being driven by pure regret.In-game description from the Adventurer Handbook
Thunder Manifestation offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
|2||41||200||3,650||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||200||4,125||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||200||4,725||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team
Abilities and Attacks
Names are unofficial except for Strike Probes (as shown in the image gallery)
While not Enraged
- Strike Probes: Flies into the air and releases several Electro probes around the arena that pulse intermittently, dealing Electro DMG around it. Upon entering the range of these sigils while it is pulsing, the Thunder Manifestation gains 25% Rage.
- Random Strikes: Performs several lightning strikes randomly around the arena that each deal Electro DMG.
- Full Arena Strike: After reaching ~75% HP, if not enraged, unleashes a full Electro shockwave that deals Electro DMG and automatically enraging the Manifestation.
- Blink: Teleports to any point of the arena instantly.
- Slicing Storm: Curls up and rotates its wings, quickly slicing forward.
- Thunderous Roar: Flies into the air and roars, sending out Electro shockwaves in a huge AoE.
- Walls of Lightning: Summons two walls of lightning to the player's sides which quickly close in on them, dealing massive Electro damage on contact.
- Sundering Plumes: Forms five sets of electric feathers, and releases them against the player.
- Dive Bomb: Flies and repositions itself near the border of the arena, then it dives forward in a straight line.
- Torrential Descent: Flies up and calls forth several lightning bolts to descend upon the player. The bolts will strike in a circular area, and for every wave it will strike three times.
- Oscillating Prison: Charges up and targets the player with a thunder circle for a short duration. The circle will then stop and activate, unleashing an electrical prison that homes in on the player, dealing rapid, heavy Electro damage if touched or inside of.
Similarly to the Electro Hypostasis, the Thunder Manifestation is an entity of pure Electro energy and thus is immune to all Electro attacks. While the Thunder Manifestation is a flying target, it typically sticks low to the ground, allowing for melee units to hit it. However, it tends to teleport frequently and as such, Pyro or Cryo characters are recommended when fighting this boss, especially bow or catalyst users due to their ability to attack and/or home in from afar and the fight mostly requiring players to dodge its attacks when it becomes berserk.
Like Specters, the Thunder Manifestation has a "Fury" buff which is initially empty. In its passive state, the Thunder Manifestation only unleashes strike probes and occasional shockwaves that increase its fury if the player is caught in them. In the event of the strike probes, simply walking out of their radius will cause its fury to deplete. The bar automatically fills if the player gets caught in one of the sporadic shockwaves or upon reaching 75% of its health if not enraged. In this state, the Thunder Manifestation uses more powerful attacks that deal massive damage if not dodged or shielded against. Geo characters can provide Crystallize to generate Electro shards, which can mitigate a reasonable amount of damage from its attacks.
- Defeating the Thunder Manifestation without ever being locked onto grants the Love and Non-Communication achievement.
- Defeating the Thunder Manifestation while it is performing its "Dive Bomb" attack grants the Thunder Fall achievement.