The Stringless is a 4-Star Bow.
Ascensions and Stats
|Ascension Cost (0 → 1)|
|Ascension Cost (1 → 2)|
12 Heavy Horn
|Ascension Cost (2 → 3)|
|Ascension Cost (3 → 4)|
|Ascension Cost (4 → 5)|
|Ascension Cost (5 → 6)|
Total Cost (0 → 6)
An exquisite instrument with strings of different materials on every section.
When struck, every string trembles, creating flowing music.
But it is also a bow, one capable of firing arrows that target the heart. Where the music from this instrument leads, death shall surely follow.
After the Wanderer's Troupe disbanded, the harp's strings were cut with a dull blade, creating ear-piercing noises.
Only the bowstring remains. The instrument's lofty melodies are lost, but it remains a deadly weapon.
The Wanderer's Troupe could make birds fall from the sky, sometimes with the tune of the harp, sometimes with the arrows that followed the tune through the air.
Just like the wind that elopes with the harp's tune and the flowers that grow on Starsnatch Cliff, the harpist was both playful and determined.
After the uprising failed, the Wanderer's Troupe disbanded and its members fled.
The harpist stayed till the end, deftly plucking the instrument's strings and raining down a torrent of arrows to protect his comrades. He played till he exhausted his repertoire, and his arrows.
The harpist was from the magnificent and enchanting land of Fontaine. He had left to travel the world in search of his true destiny.
It is said that all the ladies of the Court of Fontaine wailed with grief when they heard the tragic news that he had left without saying goodbye.
The story is that he fell in love with a humble Mondstadt woman, but she was then selected for the miserable fate of Ludi Harpastum princess.
It is claimed that he had no regrets about dying anonymously in a foreign land.
The only thing he regretted was finally discovering true love, only to never have the chance to sing another love song.
The Stringless was promoted or featured with a drop-rate boost in 5 Event Wishes:
Epitome Invocation 2020-09-28
|September 28, 2020 – October 18, 2020|
Epitome Invocation 2020-12-23
|December 23, 2020 – January 12, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2021-07-21
|July 21, 2021 – August 10, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2021-09-21
|September 21, 2021 – October 12, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2022-02-16
|February 16, 2022 – March 8, 2022|
- According to the Resolution of Sojourner artifact set, this weapon used to have 4 strings until they were removed, leaving only the bowstring left.
- Diona is seen wielding this bow in her official Character Demo.
- The bow's Chinese name Juéxián (Chinese: 绝弦) may be a shortened form of the chengyu (Chinese idiom) "Bo Ya severed strings" (Chinese: 伯牙绝弦 Bó Yá jué xián), which means bereavement of a close friend. The idiom comes from the life of Bo Ya, an ancient Chinese musician in the 4th century BC. He had a close friend called Zhong Ziqi, whom he considered to be the only person who understood the true value of his music. After the friend's death, he severed the strings of his qin (zither) and never played the instrument again.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|The Final String/Severed Strings[• 1]|
|The Final String/Severed Strings[• 2]|
|The Final String/Severed Strings[• 3]|
|Spanish||Último Acorde||Last Chord|
|French||Dernière corde||Last String|
|Vietnamese||The Final String/Severed Strings[• 4]|
|German||Der Sehnenlose||The Stringless|
|Portuguese||Último Acorde||Last Chord|
- ZH: 绝/絕 Jué can mean both "final" or "to sever." Since the weapon's harpstrings were cut, leaving only the bowstring, it can be interpreted to mean either "The Final String" (referring to the remaining bowstring) or "Severed Strings" referring to the harpstrings that were cut.
- JA: Sino-Japanese reading of Chinese name
- KO: Sino-Korean reading of Chinese name
- VI: Sino-Vietnamese reading of Chinese name