The Great Snowboar King — The true ruler of Dragonspine? is a special enemy and miniboss in Dragonspine, located to the East of Entombed City - Ancient Palace, south of the word "Ancient" on the map, and is part of the "Ah, Fresh Meat!" World Quest. It appears when all the snowboars in the area have been felled. There are warming areas to cure frostbite to the far North and South of the area if players need them.
The Great Snowboar King respawns every 12 hours, providing a consistent supply of 14-18 chilled meat (6-10 from the Boar King, 6 from the frozen boars, 2 from the frozen boar near the Ruin Brazier) from each encounter.
The Great Snowboar King also drops Quest Items during certain Quests.
- Great Snowboar King Meat ("Ah, Fresh Meat!" World Quest)
- Chilled Meat ("Only Half-Frozen" Commission)
The following table describes the level scaling. Note that values may change in Co-Op, some Quests, and certain Domains. The change usually involves multiplying some of the values by a constant scale factor.
Abilities and Attacks
- Charge: Charges towards the player up to three (Normal State) or four (Berserker State) times, dealing 100% ATK as Physical DMG on hit. The Great Snowboar King will be stunned if it charges into a wall in its normal state.
- Royal Family: Summons four small snowboars, who will dig snow from the ground along with the Great Snowboar King and launch one or multiple snowballs at the player, dealing 100% ATK as Cryo DMG and temporarily obscuring the player's vision on hit.
- Berserker State: Enters Berserker State after it charges into a wall three times, increasing its ATK by 30% and enabling it to use The King's Rage.
- The King's Rage: Jumps up and down repeatedly, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Physical DMG when slamming down, and causing snowballs to fall from the sky, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Cryo DMG.
The Great Snowboar King's attacks are relatively easy to dodge, however they deal a ton of damage. Avoid getting hit by The Great Snowboar King at all costs.
- Characters that can generate shields with their abilities or constellations can be useful when dodging the Snowboar King's attacks is difficult.
During his Berserker Mode, which is when his eyes glow red and have eye trails, being hit by his icicle attacks will be fatal. They will inflict Cryo on the character, making it difficult to move, as well as interrupt the character and stagger momentarily. The player may not have enough time to escape the radius of the next icicle. During his Berserker mode, stay away from The Great Snowboar King and attempt to hit him with ranged attacks. This will also be a good chance to alleviate the accumulated Sheer Cold. Head north from the battlefield, and within a short distance there will be a Ruin Brazier.
- Do not go too far away from The Great Snowboar King when approaching the Ruin Brazier, for the battle may restart. However, in co-op with another player, the Snowboar King will not despawn; provided at least one of the players in Co-Op Mode remain close to him.
- In Co-Op mode with another player, the player can also equip the NRE (Menu 30) for quick healing.
Try to make him charge at the wall, for it will leave him in a stunned state. Take advantage of this time to deal as much damage as possible, because after hitting the wall three times, he will enter Berserker mode.
- While in Berserker mode, making him charge against the wall will no longer stun him.
- The Boar King will also be stunned when charging into certain Geo Constructs such as Zhongli's Stone Stele. After killing the last frozen boar, run up to the Boar King and create a Geo construct in front of him before he does his initial charge to quickly get him into the stunned state.
3 Achievements match the category selection:
|The Hunter Becomes the Hunted||Wonders of the World||Be defeated by The Great Snowboar King.||5|
|Chill Out!||Wonders of the World||Defeat The Great Snowboar King while the latter is in berserker mode.||5|
|Assassin of Kings||Challenger: Series III||Defeat the true ruler of Dragonspine?||10|
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||The Great Snowboar King||—|
Dàxuě zhū wáng
|Big Snow Pig King|
Dàxuě zhū wáng
Yuki no Inoshishi O
|Korean||설산 멧돼지 왕
Seolsan Metdwaeji Wang
|Snow Mountain Wildboar King|
|Spanish||Rey Jabalí de las Nieves|
|French||Roi sanglier des neiges||Snow Boar King|
|Russian||Король снежных кабанов
Korol' snezhnykh kabanov
|Snow Boar King|
|Thai||Great Snowboar King
|Vietnamese||Vua Heo Tuyết||Snow Pig King|
|German||Großer Schnee-Eber||Great Snowboar|
|Indonesian||Great Snowboar King||—|
|Portuguese||Grande Rei Javali da Neve|