Talents are special abilities that characters possess. They are split into two types: Combat and Passive.
- Combat Talents
- Normal Attack — The main form of attack for each character.
- Elemental Skill — Does not require Energy to use but has a Cooldown period between each use.
- Alternate Sprint — Replace the normal sprinting of a character.
- Elemental Burst — Requires Energy to use.
- Passive Talents
- 1st Ascension Passive — Usually provides an improvement to a Combat Talent.
- 4th Ascension Passive — Usually provides an improvement to a Combat Talent.
- Utility Passive — Usually provides some utility outside of combat.
- Exploration Abilities
Upon obtaining a character, all Combat Talents come unlocked at Level 1.
A Combat Talent's level can be raised mainly through the following ways:
- Using Talent Level-Up Materials, with their current maximum Talent level determined by their Ascension Phase, up to Level 10.
- Unlocking certain Constellations that raise a specific Talent's effective level by +3. Using this method also raises the Talent's Level cap from 10 to 15.
- Certain characters also have Passive Talents that can raise a party's specific category of Talent Level, typically by 1, up to their limit:
Master of Weaponry Master of Weaponry
|Increases your own party members' Normal Attack Level by 1.||Utility Passive|
Additionally, certain Events may grant special bonuses that temporarily increase a character's talent level:
- During the Version 1.5 event Energy Amplifier Initiation, equipping the Fractured Fruit Fragment "Refined Burst" increases the Talent Level of character's Elemental Bursts in the Twisted Realm domain, which allowed the max burst level to reach level 14 during the event.
Combat Talent Scaling
When a Talent is upgraded, its attribute values increase by a multiplier based on the Talent level:
- Upgraded Talent Attribute Value = Base Talent Attribute Value × Talent Level Multiplier
Base Talent Attribute Value is the damage/healing/shield HP value a Talent has at level 1 (e.g. Geo Traveler's Starfell Sword has 248% Skill DMG at level 1).
For Talents with both a percentage (x%) and a flat component (+x) (e.g. Let the Show Begin), the percentage value scales with the same multiplier as other Talents, but the flat value scales with a different multiplier.
Normal Attack Talents also scale with a different multiplier. The multiplier is estimated and within 1% of actual values; there may be errors are due to internal rounding and/or slight estimation errors.
|Talent Level||Percentage Value Multiplier||Flat Value Multiplier||Normal Attack Multiplier|
|Talent Level||Zhongli Burst Multiplier||Xiao Burst Multiplier|
Of a character's Passive Talents, only the third comes unlocked upon obtaining them. The first two are unlocked at 1st and 4th Ascension Phase. Passive talent levels cannot be upgraded.
Note that the effects provided to Combat Talents by Passive Talents will not be reflected in the information screens of Combat Talents, even if the effects are unconditional. For example, the unconditional cooldown reductions provided by Shattered Darkrock and Rekindle are not reflected in the information screens of Starfell Sword and Passion Overload, respectively.