14 albums match the category selection:
|The Wind and The Star Traveler||Original Game Soundtracks||28 min 50 sec - 15 Tracks||2020-06-18|
|City of Winds and Idylls||Original Game Soundtracks||01 hr 59 min - 63 Tracks||2020-10-15|
|Jade Moon Upon a Sea of Clouds||Original Game Soundtracks||1 hr 46 min - 69 Tracks||2020-11-05|
|The Stellar Moments||Character Original Soundtracks||23 min 22 sec - 17 Tracks||2021-02-04|
|Vortex of Legends||Original Game Soundtracks||24 min 55 sec - 17 Tracks||2021-04-02|
|The Shimmering Voyage||Original Game Soundtracks||1 hr 45 min - 68 Tracks||2021-07-19|
|City of Winds and Idylls (CD Set)||CD Sets||Main CD set:
01 hr 59 min - 63 Tracks
Additional CD (The Wind and The Star Traveler):
28 min 50 sec - 15 Tracks
|Realm of Tranquil Eternity||Original Game Soundtracks||1 hr 30 min - 62 Tracks||2021-09-22|
|Featured Original Soundtrack (2021)||Featured Soundtracks||40 min - 12 Tracks||2021-12-19|
|Fleeting Colors in Flight||EP Albums||9 min 29 sec - 3 Tracks||2022-01-15|
|GENSHIN CONCERT 2021 "Melodies of an Endless Journey" (CD)||CDs||01 hr 38 min - 43 Tracks||2022-01-22|
|The Stellar Moments Vol. 2||Character Original Soundtracks||32 min 18 sec - 21 tracks||2022-01-26|
|Islands of the Lost and Forgotten||Original Game Soundtracks||1 hr 30 min - 60 tracks||2022-04-13|
|Millelith's Watch||Original Game Soundtracks||1 hr 41 min - 40 tracks||2022-06-22|
Genshin Impact has different types of soundtracks that are used.
- Ambient themes are soundtracks that play in a specific area as well as specific times of day. These soundtracks are determined by area boundaries on the map as well as the time of day. Crossing an area boundary or adjusting the time will cause the current soundtrack to fade out, stop, and then play the new soundtrack for the region entered.
- Battle themes are played whenever aggravation is active — that is, the enemy has detected a threat and the player has entered combat. These soundtracks are not determined by the time of day but are determined by the area and type of enemy in combat. The battle theme overrides nearly all other soundtracks.
- Some subareas (e.g., Stormterror's Lair and The Serpent's Bowels) do not allow battle themes to play during combat.
- Other areas (e.g., Dragonspine) have their own unique battle themes in addition to those provided by the region they are located in.
- The deeper parts of The Chasm: Underground Mines (starting from the Nameless Ruins downward) have two versions of the same tracks, with the ambient version seamlessly transitioning into a battle version when players encounter enemies and vice versa once battles are finished.
- Normal Boss themes are played whenever a Normal Boss is aggravated. There are currently only two known boss themes: Fiery Pursuit for all Normal Bosses in Inazuma and No Turning Back for the Coral Defenders challenge.
- Domain themes are played whenever inside a Domain. Each domain has its own soundtrack that plays during the challenge.
When selecting which music to play in the open world, the game appears to perform checks in the following order:
- If the player is in combat, and a Normal Boss is in its aggravation state, then it will play the appropriate boss theme, if one is present.
- Otherwise, the game will randomly select a regional battle theme that is not a boss theme, if one is present.
- If the player is not in combat and has not been in combat for some time, it will start to play the ambient region theme. If the player reenters combat shortly after leaving combat, it will resume the battle theme.
This melody is featured in various battle themes, Character Demos, and promotional videos, usually as an ostinato and sometimes just a single instance of the phrase. Next to the Genshin Impact Main Theme, it is a notable recurring theme in Genshin Impact's soundtrack.
Genshin Impact Main Theme