Slimes are Common Enemies found all around Teyvat. They are Elemental Lifeforms, but are typically only a threat in large numbers. They are immune to their own element and are able to inflict other Slimes with it as well.
A pudgy elemental life form.
It's said that desserts made from slimes of different elements will have incredibly distinctive flavors.
Lowly life forms of minimal intelligence, made from condensed elemental energy. But ignore them for too long, and they just might become a bigger problem.
Typically, when life arises from the elements, it either descends and becomes a slime, or ascends and becomes a crystalfly.
Slimes exist for all elements.
Pure Anemo beings. They are capable of propelling themselves with Anemo winds.
Pure Cryo beings. They can freeze the water beneath them, thus cannot be drowned.
Pure Dendro beings. They can conceal themselves underground among the grasses unnoticed.
Pure Electro beings.
Pure Geo beings.
Pure Hydro beings. Immune to drowning.
Pure Pyro beings. When seared, they can explode upon death.
Slimes are attracted to materials of their element and will sometimes spawn near the material naturally or when a player walks near the materials in question:
- Pyro Slimes can commonly be found near Flaming Flowers
- Cryo Slimes can commonly be found near Mist Flowers
- Hydro Slimes can commonly be found in shallow waters
- Anemo Slimes can commonly be found near Dandelions
- Electro Slimes can commonly be found near Electro Crystals
- Geo Slimes can commonly be found near ore deposits. Some disguise as Geo pillars.
- Dendro Slimes can commonly be found in grassy fields.
Slimes locations can be pinpointed on the map by using the Adventurer Handbook.
- Slimes need to extract elemental energy to survive. Because of this, substances like Mist Flower extract are irresistible to them.
- It seems that the Hilichurls are resourceful enough to utilize the Slimes for their own use:
- Large Anemo Slimes can be used to operate Air Balloons to transport cargo.
- Mitachurls often use Slimes in battle. They will dig up the ground and throw Slimes at the player. The Wooden Shieldwall Mitachurl is capable of creating a wooden shield with Dendro Slimes while the Blazing Axe and Crackling Axe Mitachurls can sear their axes with Pyro or Electro Slimes respectively and then throw them at the player.
- Lawachurls go a step further and, depending on the type of Lawachurl, dig up Geo, Cryo and Electro slimes to throw at the player. They often do this when the player is out of their reach. If they have generated elemental armor they will instead hurl large Geo, Cryo and Electro slimes at the player.
- Some Hilichurls are able to manufacture explosive barrels made out from Pyro Slimes or Cryo Slimes.
- The Cryo Hilichurl Grenadiers use Cryo Slimes in preserving the freshness of foods.
- As seen above and in both the Archive description and in certain domains (namely, the Ruin Guard Factory), Electro Slimes are used as power source.