The Ruin Defender resembles a crustacean-like Automaton.
Attacks and abilities
Names are unofficial
- Pincer Stab: Raising itself on its hind legs, the Defender stabs with its two front legs, dealing Physical Damage. Its core is protected during this attack.
- Armoured Carapace Array: Projects a shield from its front legs that blocks all damage that comes from the front and cannot be broken by any means. Its core is protected during this move.
- Shield Bash: Anyone who is within melee range of the shield will be bashed back. This attack deals Physical Damage in an AoE in front of itself. The core is protected during this attack
- Leap: Leaping high in the air, the Defender then lands on its target, dealing Physical Damage in an AoE around where it lands. During this whole attack its core is protected.
- Cannon Shot: The Defender charges up energy at its core before firing it. The shot deals Physical Damage. Its core is exposed during this attack.
- Deactivated: After hitting its exposed core twice the Defender slumps down and becomes deactivated for a short time. During this time it will not attack.
The Ruin Defender is by far one of the more annoying Ruin Sentinels as its main ability is to block the player and knock them back. While the Armoured Carapace Array sounds tough, in actuality it only protects anything that comes from the front of it, meaning any attack that deals AoE damage or attacking from behind will still damage the Sentinel. The best way to deal with it while it has its shield up is to attack it from any other direction except the front.