Its name is derived from the Dawn Knight Ragnvindr, who participated in Vennessa's rebellion one thousand years ago. Alongside the Gunnhildr Clan, it is one of the two known noble families that were not exiled from Mondstadt following the fall of the aristocracy.
How long the Ragnvindr Family has existed is unclear. However, during The Boy and the Whirlwind cutscene in Should You Be Trapped in a Windless Land, the "knight" of the group that rebelled against Decarabian bears a resemblance to Crepus and Diluc, two known descendants of the Ragnvindr Family.
Ragnvindr, whom the Clan would later be named after, served as a knight's squire during the aristocratic period, after the Lawrence Clan and many other noble houses grew corrupt. Unable to ignore the suffering of the people, but also bound to his duties, he suffered in silence until he chanced upon the enslaved Dawnlight Swordswoman of the Wanderer's Troupe, which had tried and failed to overthrow the aristocracy. Despite their failure and the subsequent deaths of most its members, she continued to sing of freedom and inspired him to take a stand. After she was slain in the arena, Ragnvindr took on the name "Dawn Knight" after her own epithet.
When Vennessa, with the help of Barbatos, raised the flag of rebellion, Ragnvindr was among those who sided with her. After the aristocracy was defeated and the offending noble houses exiled, Ragnvindr transformed the aristocracy's public baths into the Mondstadt Library.
2600 years ago
1000 years ago
- Ragnvindr (clan's namesake)
- Crepus (former head, deceased)
- Kaeya seems to have distanced himself from the Ragnvindr name, but it is unknown what Kaeya's official relationship with the Ragnvindr name or family is in present day.
- Amos' Bow description
- Ballads of the Squire
- The Flute description
- Favonius Codex description
- In-game description of the Early Dawn soundtrack during Invitation of Windblume
- Windblume Ode weapon description
- In Character Teaser - "Eula: Midnight Encounter at the Tavern", the Ragnvindr Family is illustrated with someone who looks almost exactly like the Red-Haired Warrior (almost, because the styling of the bangs is different). However, there is no information given about this individual.
- Kaeya's Vision Story