Notably, the Dwelling in the Clouds — a small floating island high above this mountain — can be reached by completing a puzzle. It was created by Cloud Retainer at an unknown point in the past.
- Geo Lanterns
- Bloatty Floatties
- Three Cranes Puzzle (unlocks the floating island, Cloud Retainer's Dwelling in the Clouds)
Three Cranes Puzzle
From Qingyun Peak's waypoint, walk up the stone steps to reach the monument at the top. The description reads:
- Read: "The one who may ascend is the one who kowtows atop the three mountains. The sun, moon, and stars shall each shine, and auspicious signs shall be sent by the three divine birds."
- Paimon: Ugh... It's a real headache trying to make sense of the adepti and all this other stuff in Liyue.
- Paimon: This must mean we have to find three shining birds on top of three mountains right?
- If you "Observe Strange Light", light trails will appear, directing you to the crane statue. From the peak, the crane statues will also visibly sparkle.
- Paimon: Paimon can tell something happened here, but not sure what exactly... Let's make use of the great view here and look around.
- At each crane statue, "Rotate" them until they are facing the monument. When the statues are in their correct positions, a cutscene will occur.
- After all three cranes are correctly positioned, return to the monument and "Activate" it. This creates a wind current; jumping up reveals three plaustrite platform steps and another wind current, which then reveals another four steps before reaching the Dwelling in the Clouds.
Dwelling in the Clouds
Above the Qingyun Peak's waypoint, activated by the Three Cranes Puzzle, is a floating island on a nest of stone clouds. Reaching this island will give you the Wonders of the World achievement Overlooking View. The description of the island is as follows:
- Read: "This place above the clouds is built on a foundation of Plaustrite, one of the marvels of the world. Its original purpose was to serve as my private sanctuary, somewhere where I could get away from the world and escape the highs and lows of normal life.
- Read: Then the adepti took over the place as somewhere they could focus on seeking ultimate truth in seclusion. Now that Taishan Mansion is sealed off, they finally returned the place to me.
- Read: It's great to have it back, but I'm over it now. I want to go back to the world for a bit — I'll probably start with Guili Plains. Fitting, really — a round trip to the Plains of Returning and Departing, as they're also known... Hover around for a while, then hover away on a hovering stone... Heh."
- Read: "Black clouds too shall pass, just as silver linings end. Come sun or rain, all seems the same from the heights of Jueyun Karst."
Another stone tablet can be found near the plaustrite steps leading up to the Three Cranes Puzzle. It reads:
- Read: Moon Carver, disciple of Rex Lapis. The kindest adeptus amongst all, in the manifestation of a stag.
There are 3 chests on the island. Of these there is one precious chest and two luxurious chests.
- Qilang — Herb Gatherer
The following soundtracks are played at Qingyun Peak.
|Soundtrack No.||Soundtrack Name||Player||Played in|
|38||Idle Away From the Mountains||Qingyun Peak (Day)|
|40||Above the Sea of Clouds||Qingyun Peak (Night)|
|41||Adeptus' Retirement||Qingyun Peak (Day)|
|44||Freedom of Crane||Qingyun Peak (Day)|
|45||Rays of Sunlight||Qingyun Peak (Day)|
|53||Bird Call From Afar||Qingyun Peak (Night)|