When defeated, the player must consume 40 Original Resin to claim the boss's rewards.
Pyro Hypostasis offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
At all World Levels, Pyro Hypostasis rewards 200 Adventure EXP.
|2||41||3,650||144||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||4,125||166||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||4,725||189||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team.
The following table describes the level scaling. Note that values may change in Co-Op, some Quests, and certain Domains. The change usually involves multiplying some of the values by a constant scale factor.
Abilities and Attacks
Note: Ability and attack names are unofficial except 3-Hit Combo and Tinders.
In the ignited state, if its HP is less than 50%, it will regenerate 5% HP after every attack, including after reigniting.
- 3-Hit Combo: Arranges itself as a molten bull that charges at the player before periodically surfacing above ground, then turns into a giant crab that leaps into the player's general location, lastly emerges at the player's general location and explodes, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG with each hit and leaving a swarm of butterflies that deals 33% ATK as Pyro DMG upon contact.
- Fire Ball: Forms itself into a giant ball that rolls around the arena and curves at the player's location, dealing 50% ATK as Pyro DMG upon contact.
- Molten Fist: When near player, it levitates high above ground, and plunges back down, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG. This creates an expanding Shockwave that deals 100% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG with each explosion.
- Fire Serpent: Arranges itself into a Pyro Serpent that fires 3 waves of fireballs at the player's general location. Each fireball deals 100% ATK as Pyro DMG.
- Pyro Nuke: Forms a giant ball that cracks open slowly. After some amount of time, it causes a heavy explosion that deals 250% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG over the whole arena. This attack cannot be dodged using dash i-frames.
While in its extinguished state, the Pyro Hypostasis cycles between "Missiles", "Molten Pillars", and "Tinders" until it has been reignited.
- Missiles: Flies into the air and forms a rhombus with its shell pieces, firing them quickly from top to bottom, each dealing 50% ATK as Pyro DMG. The core will be exposed during this attack.
- Molten Pillars: Creates a barrier of sorts around itself, targeting random areas and sending a pillar at said locations, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG before recalling them, leaving a patch of fire in said area.
- Clap: Flies next to the player and forms a large wall, which folds in a "clapping" motion very quickly, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG in front of the wall.
- Tinders: Spins around while taking on the form of a rocket, deploying three Tinders to reignite itself.
- If no Tinders are destroyed, the Pyro Hypostasis will return to its Ignited State.
- If at least one Tinder is destroyed, at the end of this ability, the Fury bar will be partially filled. The amount of Fury accumulated is calculated as .
- If Fury reaches max from multiple attempts at reignition, the Pyro Hypostasis will return to its Ignited State, even if one or more Tinders are destroyed.
Upon initiating the fight, the Pyro Hypostasis starts in its Ignited State. In this state, the Pyro Hypostasis is protected by a Pyro shield that enhances its attacks, and it will not expose its core while in this state. The shield is most effectively removed by Hydro attacks, including damageless applications of the Wet status, such as from Let the Show Begin♪'s Melody Loop, Guhua Sword: Fatal Rainscreen's Rain Swords, or Mona's alternate dash from Illusory Torrent.
Removing the shield takes 14 units of Hydro; 28 units of Electro; and 56 units Cryo, Anemo, or Geo. This makes Hydro the most efficient by far. See Shields/Shield Gauge Data for a general overview of enemy shield gauge values.
After the shield is removed, the Pyro Hypostasis turns into its Extinguished State. Like the other Hypostases, the boss is only vulnerable whenever the core is exposed from attacking. A status icon will appear beneath the right edge of the boss' health bar to indicate how close it is to reignition. The boss will frequently attempt to reignite itself by planting three Tinders — this attack is indicated when the boss swirls around and forms a rocket-like appearance. If the Pyro Hypostasis reignites, it will allow it to regenerate health if below half health until extinguished once more.
The Tinders are particularly weak to Hydro attacks, requiring only one application of Hydro each. It is important to destroy these Seeds as quickly as possible. While the boss will still gain Rage even if all three Seeds are destroyed, the rate it accumulates is significantly slowed.
Unlike the other Hypostases, the Pyro Hypostasis does not have a critical health mechanic of its own, instead regenerating HP while in its Ignited State.
Being an entity of pure Pyro energy, it is recommended to bring Hydro characters to take advantage of Vaporize reactions, as Hydro characters deal at least twice as much damage when applying Hydro onto Pyro. While Cryo characters may be used, it is slightly less effective than Hydro, only dealing at least 1.5 times as much damage as normal when applying Cryo onto Pyro.
4 Achievements match the category selection:
|It's Quiet... Too Quiet...||Challenger: Series IV||Defeat the Pyro Hypostasis after it enters its extinguished state only once||5|
|Burned Yourself, Did You?||Wonders of the World||Defeat a Pyro Hypostasis that has reignited twice.||5|
|Smells like Animal Spirit!||Wonders of the World||Defeat a Pyro Hypostasis after being hit by its mimetic 3-hit combo.||5|
|Operation Bonfire||Meetings in Outrealm: Series II||Defeat a Pyro Hypostasis in Co-Op Mode.||10|
- Each of the Hypostases are named after one of the letters of the Hebrew Alphabet, with "Ayin" (Hebrew: ע ʿayin) being named after the sixteenth.
- This is the first time it isn't named in sequential order; as the fifth Hebrew letter is "He" (Hebrew: ה hē), which is the name of the Hydro Hypostasis.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
Wúxiàng zhī Huǒ
Wúxiàng zhī Huǒ
Musou no Honoo
|Spanish||Hipostasis Pyro||Pyro Hypostasis|
|French||Hypostase Pyro||Pyro Hypostasis|
|Vietnamese||Hỏa Nguyên Bản||Prototype Pyro|
|Portuguese||Hypostasis Pyro||Pyro Hypostasis|