Other than Prithiva Topaz , the possible Ascension Gems obtained depend on the Element the Primo Geovishap is infused with. When defeated, the player must consume 40 Original Resin to claim the boss's rewards.
Primo Geovishap offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
At all World Levels, Primo Geovishap rewards 200 Adventure EXP.
|2||41||3,650||144||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||4,125||166||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||4,725||189||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team.
|Countered (Lasts 5s)||-20%||-40%||-40%||-40%||-40%||-40%||0%|
The following table describes the level scaling. Note that values may change in Co-Op, some Quests, and certain Domains. The change usually involves multiplying some of the values by a constant scale factor.
- +20% RES to corresponding element
Abilities and Attacks
- Elemental-Infused Stones: Certain attacks will produce stones that detonate after a few seconds delay, dealing elemental damage of the currently infused element. Although the stones themselves, when created, deal no damage, the explosion(s) that occur do deal damage. Each element has different effects on the stones:
- Pyro: Explodes, dealing 80% ATK as AoE Pyro DMG and leaving a pool of lava in its wake, which deals 20% ATK as Pyro DoT to characters in the affected area.
- Hydro: Cause seven small eruptions near the stone's original location that each deals 50% ATK as AoE Hydro DMG.
- Cryo: Generates a ring of ice spikes that start from the center of the stone and propagate (up to 3 times) outward, dealing 50% ATK and 75% ATK as Cryo DMG within a moderate area.
- Electro: Explodes in an X-like pattern, dealing 50% ATK as Electro DMG.
- Left Claw: Claws at the player, inserting its left claw into the ground, dealing 70% ATK as Geo DMG both on impact and when it pulls its claw out of the ground.
- Right Claw: Claws in front of itself once with its right claw, dealing 80% ATK as Geo DMG.
- Whirlwind: Looks behind itself, then performs a quick spinning attack, dealing 100% ATK as AoE Geo DMG. This attack is heavily prioritized if any players are behind the Primo Geovishap. This attack cannot be avoided using dash i-frames.
- Combo Slash: Attack forward twice, and ends with a slam towards the player. Each attack deals 80% ATK, 100% ATK, and 125% ATK respectively as Geo DMG.
- Burrow: Targets outside Primo Geovishap's melee reach will cause it to submerge underground and dig towards the enemy, creating Elemental-Infused Stones as it travels. It will also deal 50% ATK as Geo DMG to characters on contact as it bores through the ground. Upon reaching its destination, it resurfaces and performs a slam, dealing 150% ATK as AoE Geo DMG upon landing.
- Scattered Rocks: Raises up its tail and scatter a number of Elemental-Infused Stones around the arena.
- Elemental Breath: Unleash a breath of pure elemental power, whilst arcing the attack in a cone-like area in front of itself, rapidly dealing 80% ATK, 40% ATK, or 20% ATK as AoE DMG of the currently infused element.
- Primeval Spring: Spawns a barrage of Elemental-Infused Stones around itself. The attack itself deals no damage and can only be used once Primo Geovishap reaches critical health (Approximately less than 10% Max HP).
- Primordial Shower: Unleashes a blast of pure elemental power in a huge AoE around it, dealing 200% ATK as DMG of the currently infused element. DMG is greatly reduced to 25% when protected by a shield (independent from shield multipliers). If all DMG is absorbed the damage will rebound and the Primo Geovishap itself will take DMG. If the shield's element is Geo or the Primo Geovishap's currently infused element, it will suffer even greater DMG (approx 20% max HP), while a non-Geo shield not of the corresponding element will only cut a small percentage of its HP (approx 2-3% max HP). This DMG is fixed, and is unaffected by the shield's remaining health. The Primo Geovishap will only perform this attack when it is front-facing the opposing character, thus a possible strategy to avoid this attack during shield downtime is to constantly run behind it, and only bait this move once a shield is ready by running in front. Once the Primo Geovishap reaches critical health (Approximately less than 10% Max HP), it will cease to perform the Primordial Shower, and it will instead perform Primeval Spring.
When entering the Primo Geovishap's arena, it will be asleep. The Geovishap is also automatically imbued with one of the four elements - Pyro, Hydro, Cryo, or Electro, which is marked on its scales and various lines on its body. It will take reduced damage when it detects the player or is attacked first, which is lifted once it finishes its waking animation. Before fighting the boss, it is recommended to bring a character who can generate Shields, although Geo shielders like Noelle and Zhongli are encouraged since Geo shields can absorb all of the Primordial Shower attack variants with ease.
While the Primo Geovishap has four times as much health compared to a Regisvine or Hypostasis, this is mostly obsolete due to its Primoridal Shower attack, which removes large chunks of health when blocked. The Primo Geovishap deals two types of elemental damage — Geo as its standard attacks, and the other element as its elemental attacks.
The Primo Geovishap has a variety of attacks at its disposal that is used based on the player's distance and position from it. As players will be fighting the boss up close, it will only perform an array of melee attacks, most of which can be taken with a shield or easily dashed.
When the Primo Geovishap performs its Primordial Shower attack, the game will advise the player to quickly generate a shield to block the incoming attack. When the attack connects with the shield, it will rebound a massive amount of damage back onto the Primo Geovishap. Once it falls below 10% health however, it will replace it for the Primeval Spring attack; however, this attack can be ignored since the shots are fired erratically and have very low AoE.
Farming Strategy: The Primo Geovishap drops ascension stones of its elemental infusion, as well as Geo stones, so if you want a particular ascension stone element, you can wait for the boss's element to be the right one.
- The Boss's element will change at server reset, or when it respawns after being defeated, so you can kill the boss without collecting rewards and repeat until it has the desired infusion.
5 Achievements match the category selection:
|Deflection!||Wonders of the World||Use a shield to counter a Primo Geovishap's Primordial Shower attack.||5|
|You Can Have Those Back!||Wonders of the World||Use a shield of a matching type (or a Geo shield) to counter a Geovishap's Primordial Shower attack and deal immense DMG.||5|
|Geo Elemental Reaction?||Challenger: Series IV||Defeat the Primo Geovishap in all of its elemental forms.||10|
|Fine, I'll Do It Myself||Wonders of the World||Defeat a Primo Geovishap without reflecting its Primordial Shower.||5|
|Moving Mountains||Meetings in Outrealm: Series II||Defeat a Primo Geovishap in Co-Op Mode.||10|
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|Ancient Geo Dragon-Lizard|
Enshento Vishappu - Iwa
|Ancient Vishap - Geo|
|Korean||고대 바위 용 도마뱀
Godae Bawi Yong Domabaem
|Ancient Rock Dragon-Lizard|
|Spanish||Protodragarto Geo||Geo Protodragard[• 1]|
|French||Géosaure antique||Ancient Geosaurus|
|Vietnamese||Rồng Đất Cổ - Nham||Ancient Earth Dragon - Rock|
|German||Alte Geo-Drachenechse||Ancient Geo Dragon-Lizard|
- ES: Dragarto is a portmanteau of dragón "dragon" and lagarto "lizard."