It allows the user to create a temporary teleport waypoint in their current location that lasts for 7 days. When attempting to use the gadget midair, in Domains, or in bodies of water, the player will be prompted with the "Cannot use in current state" message. If the usage is invalid, the gadget is not consumed.
Attempting to deploy another portable waypoint, while one is currently active, will show a window asking the player for confirmation. Proceeding will result in the previous waypoint being deleted.
Usage and Adjustment
This gadget is relatively cheap to craft (for players who have reached the point in which they are able to unlock the blueprint), and essentially allows a player to teleport to a location, so as long as the player remembers to replace it every week. It is a one-use consumable item.
See the notes section for more info before using.
A pocket-sized item that creates a temporary Teleport Waypoint. It is capable of connecting with the Ley Lines, at least to the extent necessary to bring about teleportation. Although it offers an incredible convenience to Vision bearers, some scholars worry that since the actual principles behind Teleport Waypoints are not yet fully understood, using a built imitation device for teleportation may have serious unknown side effects.
World Map Description
The Portable Waypoint deployed here implements a degree of teleportation functionality. As a human-built replica, however, it has all kinds of restrictions when compared to a bona fide teleport waypoint.
- Creating a Portable Waypoint for the first time unlocks a new archive entry, and like all new archive entries, clicking on the pop-up grants you 1 Primogem.
- Unlike regular Waypoints, Portable Waypoints bring you inside their (non-rigid) entity, in the exact position it was placed, with the player facing the direction they were facing when the Waypoint was placed.
- It is possible to place a Portable Waypoint on water by first freezing the water and then deploying the gadget. Upon teleporting to the Waypoint, your character will immediately fall in the water.
- If a Waypoint is created in a location that stops existing for any reason (such as the Jade Chamber), the Waypoint can still be teleported to — however, depending on the Waypoint's position, you will end up falling due to the ground you originally stood on no longer existing.
- Teleporting to the Waypoint when nearby will always display the loading screen, rather than the black screen fading in and out.
- This gadget is not refundable/retrievable after it is successfully deployed. Deploying a second Portable Waypoint will delete the previous one and will not refund the cost.
- It cannot be deployed in another player's world while playing in Co-Op Mode.