They have fast attacks and long forward reach and deal moderate damage per hit.
A Polearm user's Normal Attack chain typically consists of 4-6 rapid melee attacks.
Polearm Charged Attacks have one of the following types of animations:
- Lunging forwards, dealing damage to opponents along the way (most of the current Polearm users)
- While Zhongli also does the same, his animation consists of him doing a teleport like move in the direction he attacks, while raining down spears along the path.
- Thrusting upwards (Xiao and Raiden Shogun)
- Xiao can lift small enemies into the air with his Charged Attack.
All Polearm Charged Attacks cost 25 Stamina by default.
Like the other melee weapons' Plunge Attacks, a Polearm user's Plunge Attack does AoE damage that is considered heavy damage and can therefore more effectively break objects such as Geo Shields and Ore. While this applies to all melee plunge attacks, this is most easily observed for polearm users when Xiao casts his Bane of All Evil, as this allows Xiao to naturally jump high enough to repeatedly perform plunge attacks and break the shields on Hilichurls, Mitachurls, Lawachurls, etc. Polearm users' plunge attacks can also be used to mine ores in this way.
All Polearm users so far have a similar animation when plunging, which involves them spinning downward like a drill.
9 Characters match the category selection:
No Characters match the category selection.
List of Polearms
23 weapons match the category selection:
|Icon||Name||Rarity||Base ATK (Lv. 90)||2nd Stat (Lv. 90)||Passive Ability|
|Energy Recharge 12%
|Timeless Dream: Eternal Stove|
ATK increased by 28~56% of Energy Recharge over the base 100%. You can gain a maximum bonus of 80~120% ATK. Gain 30~50% Energy Recharge for 12s after using an Elemental Burst.
|Energy Recharge 8%
Increases CRIT Rate by 8~16% and increases Normal ATK SPD by 12%. Additionally, Normal and Charged Attacks hits on opponents have a 50% chance to trigger a vacuum blade that deals 40~100% of ATK as DMG in a small AoE. This effect can occur no more than once every 2s.
|Primordial Jade Winged-Spear||48
|CRIT Rate 4.8%
|Eagle Spear of Justice|
On hit, increases ATK by 3.2~6.0% for 6s. Max 7 stacks. This effect can only occur once every 0.3s. While in possession of the maximum possible stacks, DMG dealt is increased by 12~24%.
Gain 12~24% All Elemental DMG Bonus. Obtain Consummation for 20s after using an Elemental Skill, causing ATK to increase by 3.2~6.4% per second. This ATK increase has a maximum of 6 stacks. When the character equipped with this weapon is not on the field, Consummation's ATK increase is doubled.
|Staff of Homa||46
|CRIT DMG 14.4%
HP increased by 20~40%. Additionally, provides an ATK Bonus based on 0.8~1.6% of the wielder's Max HP. When the wielder's HP is less than 50%, this ATK bonus is increased by an additional 1~1.8% of Max HP.
Increases Shield Strength by 20~40%. Scoring hits on opponents increases ATK by 4~8% for 8s. Max 5 stacks. Can only occur once every 0.3s. While protected by a shield, this ATK increase effect is increased by 100%.
|Energy Recharge 10.0%
After using an Elemental Skill, increases Normal and Charged Attack DMG by 8~16% for 12s. Max 2 stacks.
|Lithic Axiom - Unity|
For every character in the party who hails from Liyue, the character who equips this weapon gains 7~11% ATK increase and a 3~7% CRIT Rate increase. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
|Kitain Cross Spear||44
|Elemental Mastery 24
Increases Elemental Skill DMG by 6~12%. After Elemental Skill hits an opponent, the character loses 3 Energy but regenerates 3~5 Energy every 2s for the next 6s. This effect can occur once every 10s. Can be triggered even when the character is not on the field.
|Energy Recharge 10.0%
Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 16~32% and Elemental Burst CRIT Rate by 6~12%.
|Energy Recharge 6.7%
CRIT hits have a 60~100% chance to generate a small amount of Elemental Particles, which will regenerate 6 Energy for the character. Can only occur once every 12~6s.
|Physical DMG Bonus 15%
Hitting an opponent with Normal and Charged Attacks has a 60~100% chance of forming and dropping an Everfrost Icicle above them, dealing 80~140% AoE ATK DMG. Opponents affected by Cryo are dealt 200~360% ATK DMG instead by the icicle. Can only occur once every 10s.
|Elemental Mastery 48
|Bane of Flame and Water|
Increases DMG against opponents affected by Hydro or Pyro by 20~36%.
|CRIT Rate 8%
If there are at least 2 opponents nearby, ATK is increased by 16~32% and DEF is increased by 16~32%. If there are fewer than 2 opponents nearby, ATK is increased by 24~48%.
|Physical DMG Bonus 7.5%
After picking up an Elemental Orb/Particle, Normal and Charged Attacks deal an additional 20~40% ATK as DMG for 5s.
|CRIT DMG 12%
|Press the Advantage|
After defeating an opponent, ATK is increased by 12~24% for 30s. This effect has a maximum of 3 stacks, and the duration of each stack is independent of the others.
For every point of the entire party's combined maximum Energy capacity, the Elemental Burst DMG of the character equipping this weapon is increased by 0.12~0.24%. A maximum of 40~80% increased Elemental Burst DMG can be achieved this way.
Upon dealing damage to an opponent, increases CRIT Rate by 8~16%. Max 5 stacks. A CRIT hit removes all existing stacks.
Normal Attacks deal an additional 160~320% DMG. Can only occur once every 10s.
|Bane of the Soft|
Increases DMG against slimes by 40~80%.
|CRIT Rate 5.1%
Increases Normal Attack DMG by 24~48%.
1 Artifact Sets match the category selection:
|Gladiator's Finale||4-5★||2 Piece: ATK +18%.|
4 Piece: If the wielder of this artifact set uses a Sword, Claymore or Polearm, increases their Normal Attack DMG by 35%.
- Zhongli's Normal Attack involves him kicking his polearm. Xiao also kicks his polearm, but in the menu screen.
- Rosaria used to kick her polearm in the menu screen, but her animation was updated in Version 2.1 so that she no longer kicks it.
- During the era of Mondstadt's nobility, the polearm was viewed as a weapon for "plebian gladiators and commoners", along with the bow. The polearm in particular was looked down upon by sword-wielding nobles because they saw the weapon as a potential threat.
- The first four polearm users in the game (Xiangling, Zhongli, Xiao, Hu Tao) are all from Liyue. Rosaria was the first non-Liyue playable character introduced to use the polearm.
- All human polearm wielders (Xiangling, Hu Tao, Rosaria, Shenhe, Thoma, and Yun Jin) have lunging charged attacks, where as all non-human polearm wielders (Raiden Shogun, Zhongli, Xiao) have a more unique charged attack animation.
- In Chinese, polearms are called 长柄武器, which literally means "long-handled weapon". They fall into a similar class of weapons as lances, spears, etc.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|Vietnamese||Vũ Khí Cán Dài||Long-handled Weapon|
- Weapon: Royal Spear