When two Phase Gates face each other, an energy route is established between them. When the player enters an active Phase Gate, they will be turned into a ball of what looks like Electro, then travel at high speeds to the linked Gate. Routes between Gates are often not straight, and do not touch the ground.
Most Phase Gates can be rotated by interacting with them; Elemental Sight can be used to check the way the opposite door is facing. A linked Phase Gate will emit light and sound, while an unlinked one does not.
A variant of Phase Gates can also commonly be found in Enkanomiya. These Phase Gates have the appearance of a glowing blue orb and share the same transportation usage as the standard ones, save that they cannot be rotated and therefore are always active, and are often one-way, leading to areas where there is no opposing Phase Gate present to go back to the starting point.
While traveling using Phase Gates:
- The player can press the jump button to stop traveling prematurely, reappearing as the active character and jumping upwards as if on ground.
- Characters can be targeted and take damage from enemies while traveling. Taking damage that causes staggering will also end the travel immediately.
- If the route is blocked, such as by Geo Constructs or Thunder Barriers, or if the route gets too close to something a character can walk on, such as frozen water or any water while in Kokomi's Elemental Burst, Nereid's Ascension, the travel will also end immediately.
- All Talent effects, such as Xiangling's Pyronado, will persist even after the traveling begins. In the case of the Pyronado, it will circle around the active character as usual.
- If any ability, or switching of characters, is used after entering the Phase Gate — most likely due to lag — the travel will end immediately, and the usage of said ability or the switching of characters will carry on as normal.
- Photo Mode (the in-game camera feature) can be used as normal.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
Xiāngwèi zhī Mén
|Door of Phasing|
Xiāngwèi zhī Mén
Isou no Mon
|French||Porte phasée||Phased Gate|
|Vietnamese||Cổng Hai Chiều|
|Portuguese||Portão de Fase|