The Perpetual Mechanical Array is a Normal Boss challenge found in Narukami Island, Inazuma. In order to access the boss, the player can enter through a portal on Jinren Island. A faster route is unlocked through a Teleport Waypoint next to the boss; this requires completion of the Araumi section of Cleansing Defilement.
The blossom also offers the following Artifact Sets:
The cost of claiming the Trounce Blossom is Original Resin ×40.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
At all World Levels, Perpetual Mechanical Array rewards Adventure EXP ×200.
|2||41||3,650||144||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||4,125||166||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||4,725||189||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team.
Abilities and Attacks
Names are unofficial.
- Rocket Blast: Transforms into a rocket and targets the player's position before slamming down, dealing 110% ATK as AoE Physical DMG.
- Orbital Strike: Targets your current position with a reticle that focuses before striking down, dealing 120% ATK as AoE Physical DMG.
- Cube Roll: Only uses this move at long ranges. Transforms into a Cube and rolls repeatedly with high speed. When it catches up to the player, releases a shockwave with the final roll, dealing 90% ATK as AoE Physical DMG.
- Sword Slash: Only uses this move at Melee ranges. Transforms into a giant sword and slashes Right to Left, dealing 90% ATK as Physical DMG.
- Blade Spin: Only uses this move at Melee ranges. Transforms into a giant spinning blade and does a zig-zag pattern before slashing Left to Right, dealing 70% ATK as Physical DMG.
- Energy Cannon: Charges up for a short time before firing a beam of pure energy that deals 40% ATK as Physical DoT to those touching the beam. The beam follows the player.
- Defensive Mode: Assumes a defensive stance and launches four cubes that transform into Ruin Sentinels. Only one highlighted ruin sentinel can be damaged, and defeating it will paralyze the Perpetual Mechanical Array and lower its base resistances by 50%. If the highlighted ruin sentinel is not defeated after a long period of time, the Perpetual Mechanical Array will exit Defensive Mode. Defensive Mode always triggers when the boss's HP reaches 35% before its first timed Defensive Mode activation. The boss cannot be damaged past 30% HP until Defensive Mode has been triggered at least once.
- An ability will only be used if they meet all of the following conditions:
- The ability is not on cooldown
- The target is within the range required by the ability
- The ability has the highest priority out of all that meet the previous 2 conditions
- A lower priority number indicates a higher priority.
- If multiple abilities share the highest priority, one will be chosen at random.
- Certain abilities with extra trigger conditions may defy regular ability logic.
|Ability||Range Req. (m)||Priority||CD (s)||Initial CD (s)||Shared CD (s)||Action Interval (s)|
|Combo 1 (Sword Slash + Rocket Blast)||0–10||4||30–35||10|
|Combo 2 (Blade Spin + Sword Slash + Rocket Blast)||0–7.5||4||15–25||5|
|Enter Defensive Mode||—||1||—||40||-|
|Exit Defensive Mode||—||1||150||150||-|
The boss uses a wide array of attacks, most of which are fairly easy to dodge. As an Ruin Machine enemy, the boss is highly resistant towards Physical DMG and can be more efficiently fought with Elemental DMG.
While performing its Energy Cannon attack, the boss is unable to turn and only attacks in a forward arc. Running past/behind it will interrupt its attack.
As the fight progresses, the boss will eventually assume Defensive Mode, summoning four Ruin Sentinels - one each of a Scout, Defender, Destroyer and Cruiser. One of these four sentinels will be highlighted with runes and the game will inform that this Ruin unit will need to be disabled to end the boss' Defensive Mode. The boss does not attack in this state.
The Ruin Sentinels share the same level as the boss and apart from the glowing runes, the targeted Ruin unit shows its level and health bar - the others do not. There are no other differences between the boss' Ruin Sentinels and those found elsewhere. Once the targeted Ruin Sentinel loses all of its health, the boss breaks out of Defensive Mode and will be paralyzed for 20 seconds alongside all the Ruin Sentinels. During this time, the boss's base resistances to all DMG is lowered by 50%, so dump as much damage as possible. When the boss recovers from its dazed state, it will become briefly invulnerable for a second before pulling the sentinel cubes back in.
The attack pattern resets and remains this way until the boss is defeated.
4 Achievements match the category selection:
|The Battle of Narukami Island||Challenger: Series IV||Defeat the Perpetual Mechanical Array in its weakened state.||5|
|Core Breakthrough||Wonders of the World||Defeat a Perpetual Mechanical Array after paralyzing all 4 types of its Ruin Sentinels.||10|
|Could All Uninvolved Machinery Please Leave Immediately?||Wonders of the World||Defeat the Perpetual Mechanical Array without defeating any of its Ruin Sentinels.||10|
|The Not-So-Perpetual Mechanical Array||Meetings in Outrealm: Series II||Defeat a Perpetual Mechanical Array in Co-Op Mode.||10|
- According to the Perpetual Heart's description, it is theorized that the Perpetual Mechanical Array was once 4 small machines that discarded their biomimesis and came together of their own accord.
- It would appear that the 4 machines that came together had advanced cores and formed a hive mind.
- Perpetual Mechanical Arrays, along with Maguu Kenki, are the only normal bosses that deal Physical DMG.
- The Perpetual Mechanical Array drops elemental gems despite not incorporating Geo and Cryo in any of its attacks, making it the only Normal Boss that drops an elemental gem that it has no affinity with.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Perpetual Mechanical Array||—|
|Perpetual Mechanical Array|
Koujou Karakuri Jinkei
|Perpetual Mechanical Array|
Yeonggu Jangchi Jinyeong
|Perpetual Mechanical Array|
|Spanish||Maquinaria Eterna||Eternal Machinery|
|French||Matrice mécanique perpétuelle||Perpetual Mechanical Matrix|
|Russian||Бесконечный механический массив|
Beskonechnyy mekhanicheskiy massiv
|Thai||Perpetual Mechanical Array||—|
|Vietnamese||Eternal Mechanical Paradigm|
|German||Anordnung immerwährender Vorrichtungen||Array of Perpetual Mechanism|
|Indonesian||Perpetual Mechanical Array||—|
|Portuguese||Formação Mecânica Perpétua||Perpetual Mechanical Formation|