When defeated, the player must consume 40 Original Resin to claim its drops, which consists of Artifacts and Character Ascension Material for various Characters. It takes 3 minutes for the Perpetual Mechanical Array to respawn.
A strange, alien machine.
They say that it is a war machine left behind by a nation that has already been destroyed. Composed of several different parts, it can adapt to its combat environment and employ a variety of attacks. This machine, comprised of cubic shapes, is on some level very much like the elemental hypostases.in-game description from the Adventurer Handbook
Perpetual Mechanical Array offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
|2||41||200||3,650||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||200||4,125||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||200||4,725||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team
Abilities and Attacks
Names are unofficial.
- Rocket Blast - Transforms into a rocket and targets the player's position before slamming down.
- Orbital Strike - Targets your current position with a reticle that focuses before striking down.
- Cube Roll - Only uses this move at long ranges. Transforms into a Cube and rolls repeatedly with high speed.
- Sword Slash - Only uses this move at Melee ranges. Transforms into a giant sword and slashes Right to Left.
- Blade Spin - Only uses this move at Melee ranges. Transforms into a giant spinning blade and does a zig-zag pattern before slashing Left to Right.
- Energy Cannon - Charges up for a short time before firing a beam of pure energy that does fast moderate physical damage to those touching the beam. The beam follows the player.
- Defensive Mode - Assumes a defensive stance and launches four cubes that transform into Ruin Sentinels.
The boss uses a wide array of attacks, most of which are fairly easy to dodge.
While performing its Energy Cannon attack, the boss is unable to turn and only attacks in a forward arc. Running past/behind it will interrupted its attack.
As the fight progresses, the boss will eventually assume Defensive Mode, summoning four Ruin Sentinels - one each of a Scout, Defender, Destroyer and Cruiser. One of these four sentinels will be highlighted with runes and the game will inform that this Ruin unit will need to be disabled to end the boss' Defensive Mode. The boss does not attack in this state.
The Ruin Sentinels share the same level as the boss, and apart from the glowing runes, the targeted Ruin unit shows its level and health bar - the others do not. They simply act the same as with the other Ruin units and can be disabled by striking their weak point during their attacks, and can be applied elements and reactions. Once the targeted Ruin unit loses all of its health, the boss breaks out of Defensive Mode and will be paralyzed for 20 seconds alongside all the Ruin Sentinels. When the boss recovers from its dazed state, it will become briefly invulnerable for a second before pulling the sentinel cubes back in.
The attack pattern resets and remains this way until the boss is defeated.
- According to the Perpetual Heart's description, it is theorized that the Perpetual Mechanical Array was once 4 small machines that discarded their biomimesis and came together of their own accord.
- It would appear that the 4 machines that came together had advanced cores and formed a hive mind.
- Perpetual Mechanical Arrays, along with Maguu Kenki, are the only normal bosses that deal physical DMG as of Version 2.0.