Original Resin serves as the energy resource in Genshin Impact. Original Resin is used to claim challenge rewards from Ley Line Blossoms, Petrified Trees (Domains), and Trounce Blossoms (Bosses), as well as Event-exclusive challenges.
You can complete activities without having any Resin (i.e. Battle Pass missions), but will not be able to collect the rewards.
|Ley Line Outcrops||20 (or 1x Condensed Resin)|
|Domains||20 (or 1x Condensed Resin)|
|Weekly Bosses||30 (60 after 3rd claimed reward)|
There are 2 items that can be crafted using Original Resin:
|Mystic Enhancement Ore ×6||Forging|| Magical Crystal Chunk ×3|
Original Resin ×10
|Condensed Resin||Crafting|| Crystal Core ×1|
Original Resin ×40
- Mystic Enhancement Ore recipe requires Adventure Rank 30:
- Condensed Resin recipe requires Liyue Reputation Lv. 3:
- 40 Original Resin is required to craft 1x Condensed Resin (only up to 5 are able to be held at a time).
There are a few ways to replenish resin:
- Original Resin passively regenerates at a rate of 1 unit every 8 minutes, if it is not fully capped (160 total):
- As long as the Original Resin is regenerating, you will go through 180 resin per 24 hours, 1260 resin per week. Thus it is advised to spend Resin whenever possible to not stay at the cap, as not to waste "potential" Resin.
- Full replenishment (from 0 to 160) will take 21 hours and 20 minutes.
- Click on the Resin icon on the top of the map screen to view your current refill timers (time to next unit/full refill).
- The timer will start once the amount drops below the cap.
- Players can manually instantly replenish 60 Original Resin at a time:
- Fragile Resin ×1 or Transient Resin ×1 can be used to restore 60 Original Resin.
- Alternatively, players can replenish 60 Original Resin by using an increasingly expensive amount of Primogems, instead (up to 6 times a day, see the chart below).
- The replenishing cap of 160 can be exceeded through manual refills.
- When replenishing over the 160 cap, players have a hard cap maximum of 2,000 Original Resin.
- Replenishing is unavailable when the count is above 1,940 (as such would result in values of 2,001 and above after refill).
|Refill||Primogem Cost||Total Result/Cost||Ratio|
|1/6||50||≤60 Resin at 50 Primogems||1.2 Resin per Primogem|
|2/6||100||≤120 Resin at 150 Primogems||0.8 Resin per Primogem|
|3/6||≤180 Resin at 250 Primogems||0.72 Resin per Primogem|
|4/6||150||≤240 Resin at 400 Primogems||0.6 Resin per Primogem|
|5/6||200||≤300 Resin at 600 Primogems||0.5 Resin per Primogem|
|6/6||≤360 Resin at 800 Primogems||0.45 Resin per Primogem|