They are creatures created by the coalescence of filth that appear as samurai. Their forms are often swayed by the thought and memories of the times.
- Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual: All parts
- A Strange Story in Konda, Konda Village well: an Ochimusha appears with the epithet "Phantom Warrior Beneath the Konda Village Well"
- Sacrificial Offering: a Mysterious Samurai appears with the epithet "Phantom Warrior of the Abandoned Shrine"
- Cleansing Defilement: the Ochimushas appear with the epithet "Filth Forced From the Thunder Sakura's Roots"
- Ochimusha may also appear in some Time Trial Challenges and Sword Hilt puzzles
Abilities and Attacks
Note: All attack and ability names are unofficial.
- Slashes: The Kairagi slashes at the player three times. When the blade is infused with Electro, there is a possibility that the final strike may be substituted for a Spinning Slash instead.
- Charge: The Kairagi will point its blade towards the player and charge towards them once.
- Spinning Slash: The Kairagi performs a spin attack.
- Jump and Strike: The Kairagi will jump towards the player's location and perform a downwards strike. In the Avenger state, It is possible for the Kairagi to perform a double slash after this attack.
- Dodge: The Kairagi jumps backwards, away from the player.
- Electro Infusion: The Kairagi infuses its blade with Electro and performs a ground slam. This Electro infusion will last for 30 seconds and will cause all other attacks to be imbued with Electro as well. Note that this weapon infusion cannot be neutralised by any Elemental Reactions.
- Taunt: The Kairagi will clench and raise their fist to taunt their opponents, said taunt is identical to that of the Maguu Kenki. They will not perform this move if they are in an Avenger state.
- Block: The Kairagi enters a stance with its blade held downwards, pointed diagonally, during which it will block player attacks from the direction they're facing, similarly to shield-using Mitachurls.
- Avenge the Fallen: When an ally Kairagi dies in battle, the other Kairagi will attempt to avenge their fallen comrade. The Kairagi imbues itself with a dark-purple aura, as well as infusing its blade with Electro. While in this state, the Kairagi is also immune to stun effects, including Frozen elemental reactions and Planet Befall's petrification. The Kairagi will then gain a 30-second 50% max HP increase (this will also heal the Kairagi if it is under its max HP) and will then enter the Avenger state permanently. While in this state the Kairagi has increased Interruption Resistance and will always prioritize infusing their blade if their blade's infusion ends. Kairagi can also perform a number of different attack combos while in this state.
- The first attack combo consists of a Electro Infusion, followed by a Charge and a Jumping and Strike as the combo finisher.
- The second attack combo consists of a Electro Infusion, followed by a Charge and Slashes to end off the combo.
Ochimusa are the same as Kairagi and are dealt with the same way. With the exception of one Sword Hilt puzzle, all Ochimusa are fought alone, although the one in Higi Village also has a Kairagi: Dancing Thunder at the spot.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Ochimusha: Ensorcelled Thunder||—|
Luòwǔzhě - Zhòu Léi
|Fallen Warrior - Cursing Thunder|
Luòwǔzhě - Zhòu Léi
Nakmuja - Juroe
|Ochimusha - Ensorcelled Thunder|
|Spanish||Guerrero caído - Trueno embrujado|
|French||Ochimusha - Tonnerre ensorcelé||Ochimusha - Ensorcelled Thunder|
|Russian||Отимуся: Проклятый гром
Otimusya: Proklyatyy grom
|Ochimusha: Accursed Thunder|
|Thai||Ochimusha: Ensorcelled Thunder
|Vietnamese||Ochimusha - Chú Lôi|
|German||Ochimusha – Zauberblitz||Ochimusha: Magic Lightning|
|Indonesian||Ochimusha: Ensorcelled Thunder||—|
|Portuguese||Guerreiro Caído: Trovão Amaldiçoado|