They are creatures created by the coalescence of filth that appear as samurai. Their forms are often swayed by the thought and memories of the times.
- Sacred Sakura Cleansing Ritual: All parts
- A Strange Story in Konda, Konda Village well: an Ochimusha appears with the epithet "Phantom Warrior Beneath the Konda Village Well"
- Sacrificial Offering: a Mysterious Samurai appears with the epithet "Phantom Warrior of the Abandoned Shrine"
- Cleansing Defilement: the Ochimushas appear with the epithet "Filth Forced From the Thunder Sakura's Roots"
- Ochimusha may also appear in some Time Trial Challenges and Sword Hilt puzzles
Abilities and Attacks
Note: All attack and ability names are unofficial.
- Slashes: The Kairagi slashes at the player three times. When the blade is infused with its element, there is a possibility that the final strike may be substituted for a Spinning Slash instead.
- Charge: The Kairagi will point its blade towards the player and charge towards them once.
- Spinning Slash: The Kairagi performs a spin attack.
- Jump and Strike: The Kairagi will jump towards the player's location and perform a downwards strike. In the Avenger state, It is possible for the Kairagi to perform a double slash after this attack.
- Dodge: The Kairagi jumps backwards, away from the player.
- Elemental Infusion: The Kairagi infuses its blade with its element and performs a ground slam. This elemental infusion will last for 30 seconds and will cause all other attacks to be imbued with its element as well. Note that this weapon infusion cannot be neutralised by any Elemental Reactions.
- Taunt: The Kairagi will clench and raise their fist to taunt their opponents, said taunt is identical to that of the Maguu Kenki. They will not perform this move if they are in an Avenger state.
- Block: The Kairagi enters a stance with its blade held downwards, pointed diagonally, during which it will block player attacks from the direction they're facing, similarly to shield-using Mitachurls.
- Avenge the Fallen: When an ally Kairagi dies in battle, the other Kairagi will attempt to avenge their fallen comrade. The Kairagi imbues itself with an aura, as well as infusing its blade with its elemental. While in this state, the Kairagi is also immune to stun effects, including Frozen elemental reactions and Planet Befall's petrification. The Kairagi will then gain a 30-second 50% max HP increase (this will also heal the Kairagi if it is under its max HP) and will then enter the Avenger state permanently. While in this state the Kairagi has increased Interruption Resistance and will always prioritize infusing their blade if their blade's infusion ends. Kairagi can also perform a number of different attack combos while in this state.
Ochimusa are the same as Kairagi and are dealt with the same way. With the exception of one Sword Hilt puzzle, all Ochimusha are fought alone, although the one in Higi Village also has a Kairagi: Dancing Thunder at the spot.
- An ochimusha (Japanese: 落武者 ochimusha, "fallen warrior") was a samurai of a defeated army who survived and fled the battlefield, and in some cases sought refuge in villages in the mountains.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|