Non-Player Characters (NPCs) are characters which that cannot be controlled by the player, including, but not limited to unobtained playable characters.
- For a complete list of all NPCs, see Category:NPCs.
- Some NPCs serve certain functions in the game, see below:
Some NPCs in Genshin Impact serve as shops and will sell items to players. Most shops will restock their wares every day. For a detailed list of the items each shop offers, visit the Vendor's page.
|Souvenir Shop|| Marjorie|
|General Goods|| Blanche|
|Blacksmith|| Wagner & Schulz|
|Fishing Association|| Nantuck|
The player can interact with these NPCs to access the City Reputation menu of the nation they represent. Their location is indicated by the icon on the map.
|Hertha||City of Mondstadt, Starfell Valley|
|Ms. Yu||Liyue Harbor, Sea of Clouds|
|Madarame Hyakubei||Kamisato Estate, Narukami Island|
Mining Outcrop Search NPCs
Dialogue Reward NPCs
Some NPCs give a rewards for a specific dialogue option when talking to them, which is sometimes after other dialogue options. Once this dialogue option has been taken, a specific one-time reward will be given and the dialogue option will no longer appear subsequently.
Time Trial NPCs
Kid Kujirai is an NPC in Inazuma that provides Temari challenges in 6 locations. Finishing his Temari challenge successfully three times grants a Precious Chest, and allows the player to play custom games of Temari (in Co-Op Mode) freely at any time at that location.
These are characters that are involved in non-story events and are usually the representative character for those events. Some of them can be interacted with to access certain menus.
For a complete list of all event-exclusive NPCs, see Category:Event-Exclusive NPCs.
|Gygax||Windtrace||Interact with Gygax to open the Windtrace Matching Menu|
|Hosseini||Various||Appeared in Energy Amplifier Initiation, Shadow of the Ancients, and Energy Amplifier Fruition|
|Kayabuki Kazuyoshi||Hyakunin Ikki||Appeared in the introductory quest Hyakunin Ikki: The Greatest Battle|
|Ji Tong||Five Flushes of Fortune||Interact with Ji Tong to obtain rewards|
|Komakata||Theater Mechanicus: Stage of Wonders||Interact with Komakata to open the Theater Mechanicus menu|
|Liben||Marvelous Merchandise||Interact with Liben to open the Box o' Marvels menu|
|Linyang||Moonlight Seeker||Appeared in the introductory quest The Many Matters of the Moonchase Festival, interact with Linyang to get Moonlight Seeker hints|
|Lizzie||Invitation of Windblume||Appeared in the introductory quests Ballads of Breeze, Bullseye Balloons, and Floral Freefall|
|Muzhen||Thunder Sojourn||Appeared in the Thunder Sojourn event quests|
|Plauen||Invitation of Windblume||Appeared in the introductory quest Peculiar Wonderland|
|Ruijin||Theater Mechanicus (Version 1.3)||Interact with Ruijin to open the Theater Mechanicus menu|
|Sakuya||Dreams of Bloom||Interact with Sakuya to exchange for Dreambloom seeds from Sakuya's Flowers|
|Shousen||Phantom Flow||Appeared in the introductory quest Phantom Flow: Phantasmal Blade|
|Ulman||Lost Riches||Interact with Ulman to open the Treasure Book|
|Zhiping||Even Mountains Tremble||Appears in the Primo Geovishap's introductory quest No Restoring This Past Land of Beauty|
These are characters that either:
- Have some major role in the game's or the manga's story.
- They are mentioned in playable character's stories and/or voice-overs and have either:
- Appearances in the story.
- Enough information is known to be able to generate a general profile.
|Andrius||Male||Mondstadt||Supporting character in Chapter I|
|Baizhu||Male||Liyue||Supporting character in Chapter I, mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Cloud Retainer||Female||Liyue||Supporting character in Chapter I|
|Dvalin||Male||Mondstadt||Antagonist in the Prologue|
|Kazuha's Friend||Male||Inazuma||Supporting character in Chapter II|
|Madame Ping||Female||Liyue||Supporting character in Chapter I|
|Moon Carver||Male||Liyue||Supporting character in Chapter I|
|Mountain Shaper||Male||Liyue||Supporting character in Chapter I|
|Paimon||Female||N/A||Secondary main character|
|Scaramouche||Male||Snezhnaya||Antagonist in Chapter II|
|Signora||Female||Snezhnaya||Antagonist in the Prologue and Chapter II|
|Sustainer of Heavenly Principles||Female||N/A||Antagonist in the Prologue|
|Teppei||Male||Inazuma||Supporting character in Chapter II|
|Traveler's Sibling||Player's Choice||N/A||Antagonist in the Prologue and Chapter I|
|Teyvat Chapter Storyline Preview|
|Cyno||Male||Sumeru||Representative for Act III: Sumeru|
|Iansan||Female||Natlan||Representative for Act V: Natlan|
|Lynette||Female||Fontaine||Representative for Act IV: Fontaine|
|Lyney||Male||Fontaine||Representative for Act IV: Fontaine|
|Pulcinella||Unknown||Snezhnaya||Representative for Act VI: Snezhnaya|
|Ursa the Drake||Unknown||Mondstadt||Antagonist|
|Story and Voice-Over Mention|
|Alice||Female||Mondstadt||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Kamisato Ayato||Male||Inazuma||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Kuki Shinobu||Female||Inazuma||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Rhinedottir||Female||Khaenri'ah||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Shikanoin Heizou||Male||Inazuma||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Skirk||Female||Unknown||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Tsaritsa||Female||Snezhnaya||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Varka||Male||Mondstadt||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Yaoyao||Female||Liyue||Mentioned in character stories/voice-overs|
|Katheryne||Female||N/A||Appears in various quests and events|
- A number of NPCs share their English voice actors with playable characters:
- Anne Yatco (Raiden Shogun) voiced Hiiragi Chisato, Kaede, Mahiru, Matsuzaka, Shouta, and Yayoi Nanatsuki.
- Christian Banas (Thoma) voiced Ben, Bro Huang, Crafty, Huaqing, Tiancheng, and Yang.
- Christie Cate (Qiqi) voiced Blanche, Lynn, Marla, Patchi the Curious, Qiming, Victoria, and notably the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles.
- Cory Yee (Gorou) voiced the Abyss Lector: Violet Lightning, Draff, Farrah, Huffman, Liuliu, and Six-Fingered José.
- Erica Mendez (Kamisato Ayaka) voiced Beatrice, Jifang, Katheryne, Marjorie, and Timmie.
- Erika Harlacher (Venti) voiced Ekaterina.
- Felecia Angelle (Mona) voiced Lan and Mumu (Memory).
- Jennifer Losi (Ganyu) voiced Glory, Hillie, Jilliana, Little Wu (Memory), Susie, and Vile.
- Lizzie Freeman (Yanfei) voiced Teucer.
- Sean Chiplock (Diluc) voiced Cyrus and Wagner.
- Zach Aguilar (Aether) voiced Moon Carver.
- NPCs usually flinch at attacks performed by characters. However, there are certain Talents that cause them to clap. Below is list of all talents that trigger clapping:
- Amber: Explosive Puppet
- Ayaka: Kamisato Art: Senho
- Barbara: Whisper of Water, Let the Show Begin♪, Shining Miracle♪
- Bennett: Fantastic Voyage
- Diona: Icy Paws
- Fischl: Nightrider, Midnight Phantasmagoria
- Gorou: Inuzaka All-Round Defense
- Jean: Dandelion Breeze
- Klee: Jumpy Dumpty
- Mona: Ripple of Fate, Mirror Reflection of Doom, Stellaris Phantasm, Illusory Torrent
- Ningguang: Jade Screen
- Sangonomiya Kokomi: The Shape of Water, Kurage's Oath, Nereid's Ascension
- Xiangling: Guoba Attack
- Xingqiu: Guhua Sword: Raincutter
- Yoimiya: Niwabi Fire-Dance, Ryuukin Saxifrage
- If a player blocks the path of a walking NPC for a certain amount of time (e.g. using constructs generated by Elemental Skills), they will disappear to spawn somewhere else to continue their walking route.
- Some NPCs such as Marla and Glory are seated on benches at their overworld locations. Players can manipulate how they spawn:
- If the one seat on the bench the NPC usually sits on is occupied, they will spawn on another available seat.
- If all seats of the bench are occupied, the NPC will spawn in front of the bench, standing. Once a seat becomes vacant, they will sit down on that spot.