Maguu Kenki is currently located in the Serpent's Head, Yashiori Island, Inazuma. During Version 1.6, it was located on the Twinning Isle in the Golden Apple Archipelago after the water level had been lowered.
When defeated, the player must consume 40 Original Resin to claim its drops, which consists of Artifacts and Character Ascension Material for various Characters. It takes 3 minutes for the Maguu Kenki to respawn.
An disciplined mechanical swordsman.
Doesn't seem to have the ability nor will to speak, but instead only seeks to communicate with crossed swords.
It is said that this machine was made using the memories of the first-generation master of a certain sword school. However, it malfunctioned, lost control, and was ultimately discarded.
Some sing that the machine's spirit still lingers in the place where its fate was ended. They also say that the vicious mask that serves as its guard was inspired by a famous oni from that era.
Who knows what waves brought this mechanical swordsman to the shores of the Golden Apple Archipelago. Though it has been damaged, it still possesses great combat prowess.Adventurer Handbook Version 1.6
Maguu Kenki offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
|2||41||200||3,650||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||200||4,125||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||200||4,725||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team
Abilities and Attacks
- Oni Mask: Maguu Kenki utilizes several oni masks in battle.
- Oushi no Omote (Protective Mask): Summons an oni mask to protect it from ranged attacks if it is not performing one of its other attacks.
- Pushing Mask: Summons a large oni mask in front of it before pushing it forward to deal damage.
- Exploding Mask: Summons a large oni mask at the player's position that swirls uncontrollably before exploding.
- Dash: Performs a dash creating afterimage behind.
- Slash: Slashes at the player three times.
- Iai: Shadowrush: Enters Iai stance and rushes toward the player while drawing its sword. Damage dealt will be either Physical or Elemental.
- Whirlwind Slash: Enters Iai stance and charges for a while before quickly slashing around itself once.
- Flowing Water: Slashes three times, following the player's current location.
- Frost Dive: Summons an additional sword, charging up before slamming the ground for a wide AoE.
- Cryo: Creates crystalline spikes around it, dealing Anemo and Cryo damage.
- Taunt: The Maguu Kenki will clench and raise its fist to taunt its opponent. It is vulnerable to attacks while in this state.
At 75% HP or lower
- Phantom : Consecutive Slash: Teleports a short distance away, leaving a phantom in its original place. Both the Maguu Kenki and phantom attack consecutively.
- Phantom : Whirlwind Slash: Enters Iai stance and charges, slashing rapidly around itself and dragging the player into its area of effect. The phantom appears close to the Maguu Kenki and slashes a larger area of effect. It may perform Dash in the process, making the phantom stay in place.
- Phantom: Flowing Water: Slashes three times, following the player's current location, while the summoned phantom follows closely after. The main body deals Anemo damage, the phantom deals currently Infused Elemental damage.
Maguu Kenki's attacks will initially do Physical DMG. At 70% or lower HP, it will infuse itself with Anemo while being invulnerable to damage. It also utilizes Cryo attacks. Most of the attacks are fairly predictable and easy to avoid, but can deal devastating damage if hit.
Maguu Kenki's mask parry is triggered by attack distance rather than attack type. Damage dealt when the player is in melee range will not trigger the parry, even if the damage comes from bow or catalyst characters, while damage dealt when the player is far away can trigger the parry, including damage dealt over time by stationary fields and creatures like Guoba. Since the mask parry will not be triggered in melee range, it is recommended to bring melee characters and stay close while attacking.
Maguu Kenki's Frost Dive can be countered by dodging as soon as it enters downward motion, in which case the player will take no damage even while within the attack's AoE.
Samurai Sighted... To Arms!
Three of the Event limited tasks for Samurai Sighted... To Arms! require defeating the puppet without triggering the Mask Parry, without being hit by the Mask attacks, and without being hit by the Phantom's attacks. Similar to some previous events' tasks, these tasks also take teammates' actions into consideration.
To avoid triggering the Mask Parry, see the general strategy section above.
All tasks can be completed without spending Original Resin to collect the rewards.
Golden Apple Archipelago
- The Maguu Kenki in the Golden Apple Archipelago's title is Humanoid Automaton of Unknown Origin.
- Maguu Kenki is the "General" mentioned in the Conch Retrospection series "My Hero", from the Echoing Tales event. During Dodo-King of the Sea: Lying in Wait, it is suggested that it may have defended the inhabitants of the islands from hilichurls.
- True to its name, Maguu Kenki appears to have puppet strings attached to various parts of its body.
- According to an Echoing Conch, the Maguu Kenki was brought to the Golden Apple Archipelago by Inazuman immigrants to the island, after they stole it from their homeland.
- Despite being released in Version 1.6, Maguu Kenki did not appear in the "Living Beings" section of the Archive until Inazuma was released. The boss could not be reviewed even if the player had defeated it before in the Golden Apple Archipelago, until the player found and defeated it in Inazuma.
- The Maguu Kenki's sword arts are based off Iwakura Doukei's, which would essentially make them "practitioners" of the Iwakura Clan.