The time of the adepti has long passed. If even the Liyue Qixing don't want to face that truth, then what future is there for Liyue?Keqing, when the Traveler first meets her
The Liyue Qixing (Chinese: 璃月七星 Líyuè Qīxīng, "Seven Stars of Liyue") is a committee made up of seven merchants and business leaders who govern Liyue, specializing within the commerce and trade sectors. The job of the Qixing is to implement the policies laid out by the Geo Archon Morax and manage the day to day governance of the nation of Liyue.
Every year, one of the Qixing is selected to perform the Rite of Descension. During this ritual, the Geo Archon appears before the populace in his dragon–qilin form and gives predictions that shape the business trends within Liyue for that year.
The Liyue Qixing was formed roughly 2,000 years ago, following the end of the Archon War. With the savage fighting between gods concluded, commerce and artisanship flourished, and those seven who prospered above all others joined together to form the Qixing. After aiding Morax throughout the Archon War, the half qilin Ganyu chose to remain in Liyue to help the humans build a new government. She took up the post as the organization's secretary, working alongside its changing roster for centuries.
Following Rex Lapis' apparent death, the Liyue Qixing quickly acted to consolidate their position and fill the power vacuum the god had left. Having learned through a secret message that the Archon was not dead but instead had relinquished his post, the Qixing announced to the people that he had passed in a trial and took up the governance of the nation without divine guidance. In taking charge of Liyue, all of the Geo Archon's previous duties fell to the Liyue Qixing and the Eight Trades. With the end of divine rule, the Qixing began the task of reevaluating the old strictures and establishing new laws. They also had to address the fallout of the events surrounding Rex Lapis' "death", including relations with the Snezhnayan Fatui diplomats and the cessation of Mora production at the Golden House.
The role of the Qixing is to uphold the laws laid down by the Geo Archon and attend to day-to-day affairs in Liyue harbor of all magnitudes. They are considered "the hands and feet of Rex Lapis". Each year, one of their number is chosen to preside over the Rite of Descension, in which Rex Lapis appears before the people of Liyue Harbor and delivers predictions that determine the course of business for the next year. Both the Ministry of Civil Affairs and the Millelith, Liyue's security officers, report to the Qixing. Additionally, the Eight Trades, which represent the major industries in Liyue, are under the jurisdiction of the Qixing.
The members of the Qixing are the seven leaders of the seven enterprises of Liyue. Considered "the cream of the crop, all are highly accomplished in their own fields and are the pillars of Liyue's prosperity. Their highly-revered positions are coveted by many, and some have many enemies. The current Tianshu, Uncle Tian, has consolidated his position for years through a strategy of pitting his enemies against each other. Most members of the Qixing choose to play things safe and keep a low profile while carrying out their work. The current Tianquan, Ningguang, is a notable exception and is frequently seen around Liyue Harbor, making her the subject of much talk.
There is a clear internal division of labor within the Liyue Qixing's duties. The Tianquan is responsible for maintaining the book of ancient laws laid out by Morax and all subsequent amendments. Each Tianquan has introduced amendments to ensure the laws align with Liyue's current societal needs. The Yuheng is in charge of land, livelihood management, construction, and real estate, The role requires strict regulation and developmental direction and is subject to over a hundred contractual obligations. While each member has their own specialty, their roles can overlap. For example, while livelihood management matters such as water supply quality fall under the domain of the Yuheng, the Urban Areas Sanitation Act, addressing sabotage of water sources, was amended by the Tianquan. Additionally, while the Tianquan personally maintains the book of laws and amendments, other members also participate in law-making and the Liyue Qixing as a whole is expected to interpret the law, address loopholes, and punish violators.
The Liyue Qixing meet at Yuehai Pavilion in Yujing Terrace to discuss official matters. Although the day-to-day operations and those who work directly under them are based at Yuehai Pavilion, there are days where all seven attend to their business elsewhere. The Yuheng, Keqing, frequently works away from Yuehai Pavilion at places including the south wharf, the Chasm, and the uninhabited wilderness. Likewise, when seeking a solution to important business matters, Ningguang sequesters herself in her Jade Chamber until she reaches a decision.
The Qixing founded and secretly runs the Wangshu Inn as an operation to covertly assist Xiao in his fight against evil gods, as well as to gather intelligence of any persons-of-interest entering Liyue. All of the employees of Wangshu Inn are agents of the Qixing.
(Alpha Ursae Majoris)
(Beta Ursae Majoris)
(Gamma Ursae Majoris)
(Delta Ursae Majoris)
(Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
|Land, Livelihood Management,|
Construction, and Real Estate
(Zeta Ursae Majoris)
(Eta Ursae Majoris)
The Eight Trades are eight offices that operate the major industrial businesses of Liyue, under the jurisdiction of the Qixing. For example, it includes Yinyuan Hall, a sector that governs the salt industry.
- Yun Hui: It's unknown whether he was a member of the Qixing at the time that he designed the Prototype weapons, but he was a well-known member of the Qixing by the time the Blackcliff weapons were being made. It's currently unknown which title he held.
- The name "Qixing" (Seven Stars) refers to the Big Dipper, and the titles given to each leader are the Chinese names of the constituent seven stars of the constellation. Only five of the Qixing's titles have been mentioned in the game or other official Genshin Impact material, but the remaining two — Tianji and Yaoguang — can be extrapolated from the names of the real stars.
- The Big Dipper is called Beidou (北斗) in Chinese, the exact same name as Beidou's, who is both one of Ningguang's collaborators and notorious for holding little respect for the Qixing. Searching for "Bei Dou" at Chinese names for stars shows the names of the Qixing lined up next to Beidou.
- Her ship, the Alcor, is named after of one of the stars that makes up the handle of the Big Dipper.
- The Chinese pronunciation of Uncle Tian (天叔) is the same as the star (天枢). The Tianshu star is referred to as "the head of the 7 Bei Dou stars" in many Chinese myths and plays a key role in Chinese astrology.
- In Chinese, the name for the Rite of Descension more literally translates to the Qixing's Adeptus Invitation Ceremony (Chinese: 七星请仙典仪 Qīxīng Qǐng Xiān Diǎn Yí).
- Although the Liyue Qixing is a human organization, Madame Ping's response that "[They] stopped letting my friends and I into their counsel long ago" if the Traveler asks if she is one of the Qixing suggests that Liyue's adepti worked more closely with the Qixing in the past.
- "The noble few who govern Liyue." —Loading Screen, Qixing
- Ningguang's dialogue in Equilibrium
- Stone Tablet Compilations: Vol. I
- Ganyu's Character Story "Vision"
- The Fond Farewell
- Keqing's Character Story 4
- Zhongli's Character Story 4
- Keqing's Character Story "Character Details"
- Huixin's dialogue
- Rite of Descension
- Clerk Zhao's dialogue
- Cai Xun's dialogue
- Farewell, Sweet Salt
- Ganyu's Character Story "Character Details"
- Ningguang's Character Story 1
- A Secretary in a Sea of Humanity
- Ningguang's Character Story "Character Details"
- Ningguang's Character Story 4
- Hongyi's dialogue
- Keqing's Voice-Overs, "About Keqing - Work"
- Keqing's Voice-Overs, "More About Keqing: I"
- Tieshan's dialogue
- Keqing's Character Story 3
- Keqing's Character Story "Survival Hairpin"
- Ningguang's Character Story 2
- Xiao's Character Story 3
- Sea of Clouds, Sea of People
- Description for Tianshu Meat
- Ganyu's Character Story 4
- Ningguang's Introduction
- Blackcliff Warbow
- Yaoguang Shoal Expedition description
- The Realm Within