The time of the adepti has long passed. If even the Liyue Qixing don't want to face that truth, then what future is there for Liyue?
The Liyue Qixing (Chinese: 璃月七星 Líyuè Qīxīng, "Seven Stars of Liyue") is a committee made up of seven merchants and business leaders who govern Liyue, specializing within the commerce and trade sectors. The job of the Qixing is to implement the policies laid out by the Geo Archon Morax and manage the day to day governance of the nation of Liyue.
Every year, one of the Qixing is selected to perform the Rite of Descension. During this ritual, the Geo Archon appears before the populace in his dragon–qilin form and gives predictions that shape the business trends within Liyue for that year.
The people of Liyue turned to commerce and artisanship for their livelihood, and prospered once more. Those who prospered above the rest joined, calling themselves the Qixing. Thus was formed the framework around which Liyue Harbor developed. Under the jurisdiction of the Qixing were all the known trades, no business of Liyue took place inside or outside the nation that was not known unto them.the historian Zichang, in Stone Tablet Compilations: Vol. I
The Liyue Qixing was formed roughly 2,000 years ago, following the end of the Archon War. With the savage fighting between gods concluded, commerce and artisanship flourished, and those seven who prospered above all others joined to form the Qixing. After aiding Morax throughout the Archon War, the half qilin Ganyu chose to remain in Liyue to help the humans build a new government. She took up the post as the organization's secretary, working alongside its changing roster for centuries.
Following Rex Lapis' apparent death, the Liyue Qixing quickly acted to consolidate their position and fill the power vacuum the god had left. Having learned through a secret message that the Archon was not dead but instead had relinquished his post, the Qixing announced to the people that he had passed in a trial and took up the governance of the nation without divine guidance. In taking charge of Liyue, all of the Geo Archon's previous duties fell to the Liyue Qixing and the Eight Trades. With the end of divine rule, the Qixing began the task of reevaluating the old strictures and establishing new laws. They also had to address the fallout of the events surrounding Rex Lapis' "death", including relations with the Snezhnayan Fatui diplomats and the cessation of Mora production at the Golden House.
They are responsible for implementing the policy that comes down from Rex Lapis and making rulings on important matters. They are akin to the hands and feet of Rex Lapis.
The role of the Qixing is to uphold the laws laid down by the Geo Archon and attend to day-to-day affairs in Liyue harbor of all magnitudes. They are considered "the hands and feet of Rex Lapis". Each year, one of their number is chosen to preside over the Rite of Descension, in which Rex Lapis appears before the people of Liyue Harbor and delivers predictions that determine the course of business for the next year. Both the Ministry of Civil Affairs and the Millelith, Liyue's security officers, report to the Qixing. Additionally, the Eight Trades, which represent the major industries in Liyue, are under the jurisdiction of the Qixing.
The members of the Qixing are the seven leaders of the seven enterprises of Liyue. Considered "the cream of the crop, all are highly accomplished in their own fields and are the pillars of Liyue's prosperity. Their highly revered positions are coveted by many, and some have many enemies. The current Tianshu, Uncle Tian, has consolidated his position for years through a strategy of pitting his enemies against each other. Most members of the Qixing choose to play things safe and keep a low profile while carrying out their work. The current Tianquan, Ningguang, is a notable exception and is frequently seen around Liyue Harbor, making her the subject of much talk.
Each of the Qixing are equal in rank and there is a clear internal division of labor within the Liyue Qixing's duties. The Tianquan is responsible for maintaining the book of ancient laws laid out by Morax and all subsequent amendments. Each Tianquan has introduced amendments to ensure the laws align with Liyue's current societal needs. The Yuheng is in charge of land, livelihood management, construction, and real estate, The role requires strict regulation and developmental direction and is subject to over a hundred contractual obligations. While each member has their own specialty, their roles can overlap. For example, while livelihood management matters such as water supply quality fall under the domain of the Yuheng, the Urban Areas Sanitation Act, addressing sabotage of water sources, was amended by the Tianquan. Additionally, while the Tianquan personally maintains the book of laws and amendments, other members also participate in law-making and the Liyue Qixing as a whole is expected to interpret the law, address loopholes, and punish violators. Some cultural affairs, such as the Moonchase Festival, are also overseen by the Qixing.
The Liyue Qixing meet at Yuehai Pavilion in Yujing Terrace to discuss official matters. Although the day-to-day operations and those who work directly under them are based at Yuehai Pavilion, there are days where all seven attend to their business elsewhere. The Yuheng, Keqing, frequently works away from Yuehai Pavilion at places including the south wharf, the Chasm, and the uninhabited wilderness. Likewise, when seeking a solution to important business matters, Ningguang sequesters herself in her Jade Chamber until she reaches a decision.
I'm always happy to help a junior colleague from Yuehai Pavilion.Ganyu to Huixin
All of the Qixing's decision-making is supported extensively by Ganyu, the General Secretary of Yuehai Pavilion. Behind the scenes, she is responsible for the calculations and data behind all of their policies and decisions. Every ordinance and regulation announced is also the work of Ganyu. As general secretary, she is not attached to any one of its leaders, but instead supports the work of the whole organization. She has remained a constant associate to the Liyue Qixing since its inception. Some members of the Qixing also have personal secretaries or assistants. Ningguang employs three secretaries, Baiwen, Baishi, and Baixiao, who are her closest and most trusted confidantes and aid her with researching important matters. The Yuheng also employs assistants, but due to her extreme work ethic and perfectionism, her assistants typically last no more than three months. Other secretaries, such as Huixin, also work at Yuehai Pavilion. They are junior colleagues to Ganyu and, like her, are not attached to a specific Qixing member.
The Qixing founded and secretly runs the Wangshu Inn as an operation to covertly assist Xiao in his fight against evil gods, as well as to gather intelligence of any persons-of-interest entering Liyue. All of the employees of Wangshu Inn are agents of the Qixing, and are among those who act as their eyes and ears, gathering intelligence across the nation. The Crux Fleet, an armed merchant fleet led by Captain Beidou, also works closely with the Liyue Qixing, although The Crux is an independent organization and not under the Qixing's direct control. Specifically, Beidou is a close collaborator with the Tianquan and was personally chosen by Ningguang to do her "dirty work."
|Icon||Name||Title||Ursa Major Star||Responsibility|
(Alpha Ursae Majoris)
(Beta Ursae Majoris)
(Gamma Ursae Majoris)
(Delta Ursae Majoris)
(Epsilon Ursae Majoris)
|Land, Livelihood Management,|
Construction, and Real Estate
(Zeta Ursae Majoris)
(Eta Ursae Majoris)
- Yun Hui: It's unknown whether he was a member of the Qixing at the time that he designed the Prototype weapons, but he was a well-known member of the Qixing by the time the Blackcliff weapons were being made. It's currently unknown which title he held.
The Eight Trades are eight offices that operate the major industrial businesses of Liyue, under the jurisdiction of the Qixing. For example, it includes Yinyuan Hall, a sector that governs the salt industry.
- The name "Qixing" (Chinese: 七星) refers to the Big Dipper, and the titles given to each leader are the Chinese names of the constituent seven stars of the constellation. Only five of the Qixing's titles have been mentioned in the game or other official Genshin Impact material, but the remaining two — Tianji and Yaoguang — can be extrapolated from the names of the real stars.
- The Qixing constellation shown in Ganyu's Collected Miscellany looks different from the modern day Earth's view of the Big Dipper.
- The Big Dipper (Chinese: 北斗), shares its Chinese name with the Liyue character Beidou.
- She is both one of Ningguang's collaborators, and notorious for holding little respect for the Qixing.
- Her ship, the Alcor, is named after one of the stars that make up the handle of the Big Dipper.
- The Chinese pronunciation of Uncle Tian (天叔 Tiānshū; lit: Tian Uncle) is the same as the star 天枢 Tiānshū. This star is referred to as "the head of the 7 Bei Dou stars" in many Chinese myths and plays a key role in Chinese astrology.
- In Chinese, the name for the Rite of Descension more literally translates to the Qixing's Adeptus Invitation Ceremony (Chinese: 七星请仙典仪 Qīxīng Qǐng Xiān Diǎn Yí).
- Although the Liyue Qixing is a human organization, Madame Ping's response that "[They] stopped letting my friends and I into their counsel long ago," if the Traveler asks if she is one of the Qixing suggests that Liyue's adepti worked more closely with the Qixing in the past.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|Seven Stars of Liyue|
|Seven Stars of Liyue|
|Spanish||Siete Estrellas de Liyue||Seven Stars of Liyue|
|French||Sept Étoiles de Liyue||Seven Stars of Liyue|
|Vietnamese||Thất Tinh Liyue|
|German||Qixing von Liyue||Qixing of Liyue|
|Portuguese||Qixing de Liyue||Qixing of Liyue|
- "The elite few who govern the land of Liyue." —Loading Screen, Qixing
- Ningguang's dialogue in Equilibrium
- Stone Tablet Compilations: Vol. I
- Ganyu's Character Story "Vision"
- The Fond Farewell
- Keqing's Character Story 4
- Zhongli's Character Story 4
- Keqing's Character Story "Character Details"
- Huixin's dialogue
- Rite of Descension
- Clerk Zhao's dialogue
- Cai Xun's dialogue
- Farewell, Sweet Salt
- Ganyu's Character Story "Character Details"
- Ningguang's Character Story 1
- A Secretary in a Sea of Humanity
- Ningguang's Character Story "Character Details"
- Ningguang's Character Story 4
- Hongyi's dialogue
- Keqing's Voice-Overs, "About Keqing - Work"
- Keqing's Voice-Overs, "More About Keqing: I"
- One for the Foodies, Two for the Show
- Tieshan's dialogue
- Keqing's Character Story 3
- Keqing's Character Story "Survival Hairpin"
- Ningguang's Character Story 2
- Ganyu's Character Story 1
- Zhongli's Treat
- Keqing's Character Story 2
- Xiao's Character Story 3
- Beidou's Character Story 3
- Sea of Clouds, Sea of People
- Description for Tianshu Meat
- Ganyu's Character Story 4
- Ningguang's Introduction
- Blackcliff Warbow
- Yaoguang Shoal Expedition description
- The Realm Within