A Mitachurl that has mutated due to an accumulation of a large amount of elements in its body. They are bigger, stronger, and absolutely ferocious.
Hilichurls worship no gods and follow no order or discipline. The strongest and the most ferocious one among them is seen as fit to lead the tribe.
These powerful Hilichurls are called "Lawa" by the rest of the tribe, a respectful form of address best translated to mean "king" or "chief". However, Lawa don't actually rule over or lead the tribe at all. Rather, these large loners prefer solitude, avoiding the looks of reverence from the smaller Hilichurls. Adventurers very rarely encounter these gigantic creatures. Still, even the most seasoned adventurers will think twice before going on expeditions into areas where these dangerous Lawas may be roaming.
Abilities and Attacks
- Punches: Roars and performs a punch with its left arm. Can occasionally combo with both arms.
- Shockwave: Roars and slams both hands into the ground, creating a shockwave.
- Jumping Slam: Roars and jumps into the air, slamming down at the player's position.
- Slime Throw: If the player is at a higher elevation or too far away, the Lawachurl will roar and grab a large elemental slime of its type from the ground, throwing it at the player.
- Elemental: 10%
- Physical: 50%
- Other: +60% RES to corresponding element.
Lawachurls are always encountered in an "unarmored" form. Upon engaging the player in combat, they will roar and generate elemental armor. While the armor is active, the Lawachurl's attacks deal elemental damage of its type and are further enhanced. Like Fatui Skirmishers, this armor does not fully protect them from incoming damage. The armor can be removed with any attack, but some elemental reactions are far stronger than others.
When the armor is fully removed, the Lawachurl shakes the remnants off, taking slightly more damage and their attacks become significantly weaker. The player has about two minutes to defeat the Lawachurl or it will roar and reapply the armor on itself again.