The Kurious Kamera is a gadget obtained by talking to Ji Tong during Five Flushes of Fortune event. Like the Kamera, the Kurious Kamera allows players to take pictures. However, due to the faulty Kamera, players will receive a random Color Photo, regardless of the actual subject's color.
There is no cooldown period for using this gadget, but Kurious Kamera works with specific rules:
- Over the first 7 days, Travelers will receive 10 sheets of film plus a color target each day.
- You only have to aim at your subject, the Kamera will take snapshots automatically when a valid target is in the viewfinder.
- Each object can only by photographed once, though e.g. bushes with berries will have 3-4 individual objects on them.
After the event ends on February 10, 2021, at 04:00, the Kurious Kamera is removed from the player's inventory.
- Kamera means "camera" in Czech, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Malay, Polish, Swedish, Tagalog and Turkish, and is also the romaji for the word in Japanese (カメラ).
- The Kamera is likely inspired by the invention of the first camera on Earth, the daguerreotype.
- The Kamera originates from Fontaine, and the daguerreotype was invented in France.
- When playing Genshin Impact in certain languages, including French, the Kamera is called a daguerreotype. For example, in French, the Kamera is called Daguerréotype.
- The Kamera's method of producing instant photos may be inspired by the Polaroid instant cameras.
- Physically, the Kamera resembles a twin-lens reflex film camera, which has two lenses (one for viewfinder and another for taking pictures). Unlike the Kamera, it does not produce instant images. This feature's icon may be a homage to the Seagull camera company, which is based in China and produced TLRs.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
Qítè de "Liúyǐngjī"
Qítè de "Liúyǐngjī"
|Korean||한 「 」
|Spanish||Daguerrotipo extraño||Strange Daguerreotype|
|French||Daguerréotype étrange||Strange Daguerreotype|
|Vietnamese||Máy Lạ||Strange Camera|
|German||Faszinierender Fotoapparat||Fascinating Camera|
|Portuguese||Aparelho Fotográfico Peculiar||Peculiar Photographic Device|