An order responsible for protecting Mondstadt and its belief of freedom. Despite its members are known as knights, none has been knighted by any royalty - knighthood is a title they earned from the noble duties they assume.World Map description
The Knights of Favonius is the order of knights that protects Mondstadt, founded by Vennessa with the help of Barbatos 1,000 years ago, to prevent aristocrats from ruling the land, as Barbatos originally intended.
The knights act as the lawmen of Mondstadt, keeping its citizens safe and creating and upholding laws for all.
Currently, the Grand Master, Varka, is out of Mondstadt on an expedition with his squad. In his place, Jean, who holds the title of Dandelion Knight and Lionfang Knight, is filling in as the Acting Grand Master.
The Knights of Favonius are traditionally led by a single Grand Master, with a reserve stepping in to perform the Grand Master's duties as an Acting Grand Master should the Grand Master be unavailable or otherwise indisposed.
Knights of Favonius tradition dictated that the titles of 'Lion' and 'Wolf' were reserved for those of great leadership potential. Such individuals would one day assume the position of Grand Master, devoting themselves to the leadership of a multitude of knights and the safeguarding of Mondstadt. As such, the Grand Master and Grand Master's Assistant are knights that have gained one of these two titles. So far it seems that 'Knight of Boreas' counts as a 'Wolf' title, but is more specialized so not everyone with a 'Wolf' title is a Knight of Boreas.
There are other subdivisions within the Knights of Favonius, such as the Outriders.
Becoming a squire can be part of the path to knighthood. 16-year-olds are eligible to become squires Further information about squires is not known.
Many people have acted as key members of the Knights of Favonius over the course of the game, with each of them assigned a particular job.
The principal knights so far are listed below:
|Varka||Unknown||Grand Master & Knight of Boreas|
|Jean||Acting Grand Master & Dandelion/Lionfang Knight|
|Kaeya||Cavalry Captain & Quartermaster|
|Albedo||Captain of the Investigation Team & Chief Alchemist|
|Eula||Captain of the Reconnaissance Company & Spindrift Knight|
|Hertha||N/A||Captain of the Intelligence & Coordinator|
"The Knights of Favonius once had a formidable team of archer scouts known as the Outriders."
The Outriders were a subdivision of the Knights of Favonius, established and led by Amber's grandfather. They were trained in his style of archery and use of wind gliders, and were renowned for their skill. However, after his abrupt disappearance, the Outriders lost their discipline and skill while rumors milled that he had defected from the Knights of Favonius. Eventually, they were all but obsolete, with Amber remaining as the division's sole member.
|Noelle||Maid & Apprentice Knight|
|Traveler||None||Honorary Knight[Note 1]|
- While the Traveler is not officially in the Knights of Favonius, they have earned the title of Honorary Knight through handling the Stormterror crisis.
Additionally, a few characters have been introduced as members of the knights, but not playing as large a role thus far. These characters include:
As well as many guards, including:
Some characters used to be part of the knights, but have since left.
These characters include:
|Vennessa||Founder, First Grand Master||Ascended to Celestia and became the Falcon of the West|
|Ravenwood||Knight of Boreas||Deceased|
|Arundolyn||Grand Master, Lion of Light||Deceased|
|Rostam||Grand Master's Assistant, Wolf Pup||Deceased|
|Amber's Grandfather||Leader of the Outriders||Missing|
|Diluc||Cavalry Captain||Resigned, Owner of Dawn Winery|
This company is headed by Albedo. The Investigation company appears to provide the Knights with inventions to help aid their endeavors, and investigate interesting phenomenon, which were likely discovered by the 4th company.
The 4th Company, Reconnaissance
This company is headed by Eula. They often go into the wilderness of Mondstadt to perform reconnaissance and keep an eye on any approaching enemies or strange phenomena. They are likely one of the major sources of information for the 6th company and the Investigation company.
The 6th Company, Intelligence
This company is headed by Hertha. They gather intelligence for potential missions of the Knights, such as dangerous monsters and troubles of Mondstadt's citizens. Similar to the Intelligence department of the Adventurers' Guild.
The 8th Company
This company likely deals with Magic. Its field officer, Nymph is one of the company's only known members, with Lisa having been a potential candidate for captain. It is likely they are the elemental combatants of the Knights, as opposed to the physical damage largely utilized by the other companies and captains.
This company is headed by Amber, who is also the sole member. Outriders appear to be a mix of the Investigation and Reconnaissance companies.
- "Favonius" is the Roman name for the Greek god Zephyrus, the god of the west wind.
- The official English translation of the manga translated the Knights of Favonius as Ordo Favonius, Latin for the "Order of Favonius."
- Therefore, the Knights of Favonius may have been inspired by the Teutonic Order.
- The Favonius Series include various lore and history pieces about the Knights of Favonius.
- Similar to knighthood training in real life, training to become a member of the Knights of Favonius can start at a young age and last for many years. The exact path to knighthood is not known, but it can be gleaned from dialogue and history of various characters who attained knighthood or are looking to attain knighthood.
- Guy began training at age 8, learned how to wield a sword at age 10, and became a squire at age 16 before becoming an official Knight at an unknown age.
- Ellin, who is young enough to "have some imagination left" and is also not yet old enough to sign up with the Knights of Favonius, is also training hard so that she can pass the tryouts.
- Several years ago, Noelle failed her seventh selection test. The selection test is likely the exam that Noelle studies for in her second hangout, Knightly Exam Prep. Given that the exam is half a year away at the time of her second hangout, it could be an exam that can only be taken yearly.
- Diluc became the youngest ever Cavalry Captain at the age of 14. As captaincy is generally not an entry-level position, Diluc was likely already a Knight for some time, and he must have begun training at a young age like Guy did.
- The sword that most of the Knights use resembles the Traveler's Handy Sword.