The Kairagi: Fiery Might (Japanese: 海乱鬼・炎威 Kairagi - En'i) are wandering samurai. They ignite their blade using an ancient paper seal — an art thought lost to history. They are the Pyro variant to their Electro counterpart; Kairagi: Dancing Thunder.
The following table describes the level scaling. Note that values may change in Co-Op, some Quests, and certain Domains (such as the Spiral Abyss). The change usually involves multiplying some of the values by a constant scale factor.
Abilities and Attacks
Note: All attack and ability names are unofficial.
- Slashes: The Kairagi slashes at the player three times. When the blade is infused with Pyro, there is a possibility that the final strike may be substituted for a Spinning Slash instead.
- Charge: The Kairagi will point its blade towards the player and charge towards them once.
- Spinning Slash: The Kairagi performs a spin attack.
- Jump and Strike: The Kairagi will jump towards the player's location and perform a downwards strike. In the Avenger state, It is possible for the Kairagi to perform a double slash after this attack.
- Dodge: The Kairagi jumps backwards, away from the player.
- Pyro Infusion: The Kairagi infuses its blade with Pyro and performs a ground slam. This Pyro infusion will last for 30 seconds and will cause all other attacks to be imbued with Pyro as well. Note that this weapon infusion cannot be neutralised by any Elemental Reactions.
- Block: The Kairagi enters a stance with its blade held downwards, pointed diagonally, during which it will block player attacks from the direction they're facing, similarly to shield-using Mitachurls.
- Avenge the Fallen: When an ally Kairagi dies in battle, the other Kairagi will attempt to avenge their fallen comrade. The Kairagi imbues itself with a fiery-orange aura, as well as infusing its blade with Pyro. While in this state, the Kairagi is also immune to stun effects, including Frozen elemental reactions and Planet Befall's petrification. The Kairagi will then gain a 30-second 50% max HP increase (this will also heal the Kairagi if it is under its max HP) and will then enter the Avenger state permanently. While in this state the Kairagi has increased Interruption Resistance and will always prioritize infusing their blade if their blade's infusion ends. Kairagi can also perform a number of different attack combos while in this state.
- The first attack combo consists of a Pyro Infusion, followed by a Charge and another Charge as the combo finisher.
- The second attack combo consists of a Pyro Infusion, followed by a Jump and Strike and a Charge to end off the combo.
- The third attack combo consists of a Pyro Infusion, followed by a Charge and a Jump and Strike, with the final attack being another Charge.
On their own, Kairagi are typically not a problem. However, they are similar to Elite Enemies in strength despite being classified as Normal Enemies. When the Kairagi spots the player, they will unsheathe their sword; they gain a temporary damage reduction until they finish or are staggered, which cancels this animation. Kairagi are not particularly strong if they have not imbued their swords, although they still do significant damage. Once they have imbued their swords, they become far more dangerous as this significantly increases their attack power. This can also apply various elemental reactions depending on what enemies are nearby that further increase this damage.
When encountered in pairs, dealing with Kairagi becomes much more troublesome as they both need to be defeated in a short time frame. If the player defeats one of them too fast, the other will enter an Avenger state, increasing their health, prioritize infusing their blades and use more deadly combos. They also become immune to Frozen and Petrification attacks. The time frame does vary as the Kairagi will not attempt to enter this state if in the middle of an attack, and they can still be Frozen or Petrified before they attempt to do so, although none of these are reliable.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Kairagi: Fiery Might||—|
Hǎiluànguǐ - Yánwēi
|Sea Ghost - Fiery Might|
Kairagi - En'i
Haerangwi - Yeomwi
|Kairagi - Fearful Heat|
|Spanish||Samurái Kairagi - Amenaza ígnea|
|French||Oni des mers - Menace de feu||Sea Oni - Fiery Threat|
|Russian||Кайраги: Огненная мощь
|Thai||Kairagi: Fiery Might
|Vietnamese||Kairagi - Viêm Uy|
|German||Kairagi – Sengende Macht||Kairagi: Searing Might|
|Indonesian||Kairagi: Fiery Might||—|
|Portuguese||Kairagi: Força Poderosa|