For specific locations, see the HoYoLAB Teyvat Interactive Map.
Abilities and Attacks
Attack names are unofficial
- DMG Reduction: Shortly after being aggravated, the Kairagi gains a 80% Damage Reduction, which reduces the Damage Bonus of incoming attacks by 80%.
- Slashes: The Kairagi slashes at the player three times, dealing 70% ATK as Physical DMG or Pyro DMG with each slash. When the blade is infused with Pyro, there is a possibility that the final strike may be substituted for a Spinning Slash instead.
- Charge: The Kairagi will point its blade towards the player and charge towards them once, dealing 100% ATK as Physical DMG or Pyro DMG. This attack also destroys all player-created Geo Constructs in its path.
- Spinning Slash: The Kairagi performs a spin attack, dealing 100% ATK * 2 as Physical DMG or Pyro DMG.
- Jump and Strike: The Kairagi will jump towards the player's location and perform a downwards strike, dealing 120% ATK as Pyro DMG.This also leaves behind a burning mark in the area struck, which deals 30% ATK as AoE Pyro DoT until it dissipates. This attack is only used in the Avenger state.In the Avenger state, It is possible for the Kairagi to perform a double slash after this attack.
- Dodge: The Kairagi jumps backwards, away from the player.
- Pyro Infusion: The Kairagi infuses its blade with Pyro and performs a ground slam, dealing 150% ATK as Pyro DMG. This Pyro infusion will last for 30 seconds and will cause all other attacks to be imbued with Pyro as well. Note that this weapon infusion cannot be neutralised by any Elemental Reactions.
- Block: The Kairagi enters a stance with its blade held downwards, pointed diagonally, during which it will block player attacks from the direction they're facing, similarly to shield-using Mitachurls.
- Avenge the Fallen: When an ally Kairagi dies in battle, the other Kairagi will attempt to avenge their fallen comrade. The Kairagi imbues itself with a fiery-orange aura, as well as infusing its blade with Pyro. While in this state, the Kairagi is also immune to immobilization effects, including Frozen elemental reactions and Planet Befall's petrification. The Kairagi will then gain a 30-second 50% max HP increase (this will also heal the Kairagi if it is under its max HP) and will then enter the Avenger state permanently. While in this state the Kairagi has increased Interruption Resistance and will always prioritize infusing their blade if their blade's infusion ends. Kairagi can also perform a number of different attack combos while in this state.
- The first attack combo consists of a Pyro Infusion, followed by a Charge and another Charge as the combo finisher.
- The second attack combo consists of a Pyro Infusion, followed by a Jump and Strike and a Charge to end off the combo.
- The third attack combo consists of a Pyro Infusion, followed by a Charge and a Jump and Strike, with the final attack being another Charge.
- An ability will only be used if they meet all of the following conditions:
- The ability is not on cooldown
- The target is within the range and angle required by the ability
- The ability has the highest priority out of all that meet the previous 2 conditions
- A lower priority number indicates a higher priority.
- If multiple abilities share the highest priority, one will be chosen at random.
- Global CD is shared with all nearby Nobushi and Kairagi.
|State||Ability||Range Req. (m)||Angle Req. (°)||Priority||CD (s)||Initial CD (s)||Shared CD (s)||Global CD||Action Interval (s)||Triggers Act. Int.||Ignores Act. Int.|
|Uninfused||Jump and Strike||5–10||0–90||3||7–12||1||—||Kairagi Strong Attack||5||✔||✘|
|Infused||Jump and Strike||5–10||0–90||3||7–12||1||—||Kairagi Strong Attack||5||✔||✘|
|Avenger||Jump and Strike||5–10||0–90||3||4–6||1||—||Kairagi Strong Attack||5||✔||✘|
|Infused||Spinning Slash||0–7||—||3||10–15||1||—||Kairagi Strong Attack||5||✔||✘|
|Avenger||Spinning Slash||0–7||—||3||4–6||1||—||Kairagi Strong Attack||5||✔||✘|
|Uninfused; Avenger||Elemental Infusion||0–20||0–90||2||30||10||—||—||✔||✘|
|Not Avenger||Block 1||0–10||—||4||—||1||10||—||✘||✔|
On their own, Kairagi are typically not a problem. However, they are similar to Elite Enemies in strength despite being classified as Normal Enemies. When the Kairagi spots the player, they will unsheathe their sword; they gain a temporary damage reduction until they finish or are staggered, which cancels this animation. Kairagi are not particularly strong if they have not imbued their swords, although they still do significant damage. Once they have imbued their swords, they become far more dangerous as this significantly increases their attack power. This can also apply various elemental reactions depending on what enemies are nearby that further increase this damage.
When encountered in pairs, dealing with Kairagi becomes much more troublesome as they both need to be defeated in a short time frame. If the player defeats one of them too fast, the other will enter an Avenger state, increasing their health, prioritize infusing their blades and use more deadly combos. They also become immune to Frozen and Petrification attacks. The time frame does vary as the Kairagi will not attempt to enter this state if in the middle of an attack, and they can still be Frozen or Petrified before they attempt to do so, although none of these are reliable.
|Spotting the Traveler||Let me try my blade.|
|What's one more opponent...?|
|Attacking||One's strength will suffice. (Sword Lunge)|
|I'm ready! (Spinning Slash)|
|Take this! (Spinning Slash)|
|Fall before me! (Jumping Slash)|
|Taste my blade!|
|Elemental infusion||This will do!|
|This will end you!|
|Dodging||This isn't over!|
|I got the upper hand!|
|Deflecting Attacks||That won't work!|
|Defeated||You win... this... battle...|
|Cut down... like... this...|
|Spotting the Traveler||当我试试刀吧！|
|Attacking||借你试刀！ (Sword Lunge)|
|只此一刀！ (Sword Lunge)|
|准备好了！ (Spinning Slash)|
|接这一刀！ (Spinning Slash)|
|给我倒下！ (Jumping Slash)|
1 Achievements match the category selection:
|Fight Fire With Fire||Wonders of the World||Defeat a Kairagi: Fiery Might while their weapon is infused with Pyro.||5|
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Kairagi: Fiery Might||—|
Hǎiluàn'guǐ - Yánwēi
|Sea Ghost - Fiery Might|
Hǎiluàn'guǐ - Yánwēi
Kairagi - En'i
Haeran'gwi - Yeomwi
|Kairagi - Fearful Heat|
|Spanish||Samurái Kairagi - Amenaza ígnea||Kairagi Samurai - Igneous Threat|
|French||Oni des mers - Menace de feu||Sea Oni - Fiery Threat|
|Russian||Кайраги: Огненная мощь|
Kayragi: Ognennaya moshch'
|Thai||Kairagi: Fiery Might||—|
|Vietnamese||Kairagi - Viêm Uy|
|German||Kairagi – Sengende Macht||Kairagi: Searing Might|
|Indonesian||Kairagi: Fiery Might||—|
|Portuguese||Kairagi: Força Poderosa|