The Kairagi: Dancing Thunder (Japanese: 海乱鬼・雷騰 Kairagi - Raitou) are wandering samurai that ignites their blade with the power of lightning. They are the Electro variant to their Pyro counterpart; Kairagi: Fiery Might.
The following table describes the level scaling. Note that values may change in Co-Op, some Quests, and certain Domains (such as the Spiral Abyss). The change usually involves multiplying some of the values by a constant scale factor.
Abilities and Attacks
Note: All attack and ability names are unofficial.
- Slash: The Kairagi slashes at the player three times. When the blade is infused with Electro, there is a possibility that the final strike may be substituted for a Spin Attack instead.
- Dodge: The Kairagi jumps backwards, away from the player.
- Electro Infusion: The Kairagi infuses its blade with Electro and performs a ground slam. This Electro infusion will last for 30 seconds and will cause all other attacks to be imbued with Electro as well. Note that this weapon infusion cannot be neutralised by any Elemental Reactions.
- Taunt: The Kairagi will clench and raise their fist to taunt their opponents, said taunt is identical to that of the Maguu Kenki. They will not perform this move if they are in an Avenger state.
- Avenge the Fallen: When an ally Kairagi dies in battle, the other Kairagi will attempt to avenge their fallen comrade. The Kairagi imbues itself with a dark-purple aura, as well as infusing its blade with Electro. While in this state, the Kairagi is also immune to all stun skills, including Frozen elemental reactions and Planet Befall. The Kairagi will then gain a 30-second 50% max HP increase (this will also heal the Kairagi if it is under its max HP) and will then enter the Avenger state permanently. While in this state the Kairagi has increased interruption resistance and will always prioritize infusing their blade if their blade's infusion ends. Note that the Kairagi can also perform three different attack combos while in this state:
- The first attack combo consists of a Electro Infusion, followed by a Charged Attack and another Charged Attack as the combo finisher.
- The second attack combo consists of a Electro Infusion, followed by a Jump and Strike and a Charged Attack to end off the combo.
- The third attack combo consists of a Electro Infusion, followed by a Charged Attack and a Jump and Strike, with the final attack being another Charged Attack.
- Charged Attack: The Kairagi will point its blade towards the player and charge towards them once.
- Spin Attack: The Kairagi performs a spin attack.
- Jump and Strike: The Kairagi will jump towards the player's location and perform a downwards strike. In the Avenger state, It is possible for the Kairagi to perform a double slash after this attack.
- Block: The Kairagi enters a stance with its blade held downwards, pointed diagonally, during which it will block player attacks from the direction they're facing, similarly to shield-using Mitachurls.
- Taunt: The Kairagi clenches its fist towards the player. This move is unique to the Kairagi Electro variant.
On their own, Kairagi are typically not a problem. However, they are similar to Elite Enemies in strength despite being classified as Normal Enemies. When the Kairagi spots the player, they will unsheathe their sword; they gain a temporary damage reduction until they finish or are staggered, which cancels this animation. Kairagi are not particularly strong if they have not imbued their swords, although they still do significant damage. Once they have imbued their swords, they become far more dangerous as this significantly increases their attack power. This can also apply various elemental reactions depending on what enemies are nearby that further increase this damage.
When encountered in pairs, dealing with Kairagi becomes much more troublesome as they both need to be defeated in a short time frame. If the player defeats one of them too fast, the other will enter an Avenger state, increasing their health, prioritize infusing their blades and use more deadly combos. They also become immune to Frozen and Petrification attacks. The time frame does vary as the Kairagi will not attempt to enter this state if in the middle of an attack, and they can still be Frozen or Petrified before they attempt to do so, although none of these are reliable.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||Kairagi: Dancing Thunder||—|
Hǎiluànguǐ - Léiténg
Kairagi - Raitou
Haerangwi - Noemu
|Kairagi - Dancing Thunder|
|Spanish||Samurái Kairagi - Rayo danzarín|
|French||Oni des mers - Danse d'éclairs||Sea Oni - Dancing Thunder|
|Russian||Кайраги: Громовое вознесение
|Thai||Kairagi: Dancing Thunder
|Vietnamese||Kairagi - Lôi Đằng|
|German||Kairagi – Galoppierender Blitz||Kairagi: Galloping Lightning|
|Indonesian||Kairagi: Dancing Thunder||—|
|Portuguese||Kairagi: Trovão Dançante|