GTA: The Criminal Enterprises - The Loop
Do you like this video?
- Talk to Katheryne
- Look for the miner who posted the commission at The Chasm
- Enter The Chasm: Underground Mines
- Requires the completion of Surreptitious Seven-Star Seal Sundering in order to enter the underground mines.
- Go to the designated location to investigate
- Requires the completion of The Heavenly Stone's Debris in order to reach this location.
- Completing this quest grants the Wonders of the World achievement "When One Gazes Into the Abyss..."
- (Talk to Katheryne)
- Katheryne: Ah, Traveler. Right on cue, hehe.
- Paimon: Hey Katheryne! Got any new commissions for us today? Also... how come you look so happy to see us? What have you done!?
- Katheryne: I went to the shrine to draw a fortune slip earlier. The shrine maiden told me that "it is the season for an unexpected reunion."
- Paimon: Katheryne? Drawing fortune slips at the shrine? ...Is it just Paimon, or is that the most unusual thing ever!?
- Paimon: Wait, no, that's not the unusual part — we're in Liyue! You went to Inazuma and back in a single day!?
- Katheryne: Hehe, even I have a private life, you know.
- Paimon: Okay, so when you say "unexpected reunion," you mean running into us, right?
- Katheryne: Who can say? But the anticipation of knowing that an unexpected reunion is due is making me happy to see everyone I cross paths with today.
- Paimon: Fair enough, even though we see each other pretty much every day... Whatever makes you happy.
- An unexpected reunion...
- Paimon: Wait, are you saying... Ohh, Paimon gets it, (Traveler). Well, let's just hope the shrine maiden was right...
- Paimon: Fingers crossed we find (her/him).
- Katheryne: I'm sorry... did I say something I shouldn't have? You both seem a little down.
- Paimon: Oh, it's nothing. Anyway, back to business. Do you have a new commission you want to give to us?
- The Chasm. Katheryne: Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. This one is from a miner. It seems to be related to investigating
- Paimon: Really? Does this mean The Chasm's not sealed off anymore?
- Yuehui, and he should be at The Chasm right now. Katheryne: I will leave the requester to fill you in on all the relevant details. His name is
- Paimon: Alright then, thanks Katheryne! We'll head there right away.
- Katheryne: Very well. Ad astra... abyssosque. Hmm, this time you are truly bound for the abyss. Good luck to you both.
- (Look for the miner who posted the commission at The Chasm)
- Paimon: Hi there! You must be "Yuehui," right? We've been sent by the Adventurers' Guild.
- Yuehui: Ah, great, good to meet you. Yes, I was the one who posted that commission.
- Yuehui: Wait a second... You look kind of familiar. Are you a famous adventurer, or something?
- It's complicated.
- Never mind that. Let's focus on the task at hand.
- Yuehui: Oh, uh, alright then. I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Yuehui, a miner, and I received a Mining Permit for The Chasm just recently. I have a handful of other guys in my crew.
- Paimon: Seriously? They actually give permits out for The Chasm?
- Yuehui: Yes, the folks over at Yujing Terrace finally came to their senses and are now allowing a limited amount of ore mining near the surface. We were among the first to gain approval.
- Yuehui: But some things have happened recently that put all the miners on edge.
- Paimon: Really? What happened? We haven't heard anything.
- Yuehui: So... it's hard to say exactly how big an issue it is. Could be something, could be nothing. The main thing is that it's just very... strange.
- Yuehui: While one of the miners was on a break, he suddenly noticed a few hilichurls walking his way. They seemed like they were in a daze or something.
- Yuehui: They walked right by him without giving him a single glance. They just made a beeline for the depths of The Chasm.
- Yuehui: After that, the miner started observing his surroundings more closely, and noticed the same thing happening time and time again.
- Paimon: Hmm... are the hilichurls just curious? Maybe they just wanna take a peek inside...
- Yuehui: Not likely. The strange part is that in all the time this miner has been watching the hilichurls...
- Yuehui: ...he's never seen any of them come back out.
- Yuehui: It seems to be a one-way trip. Once the hilichurls go in, they never emerge again.
- Yuehui: And it seems to be happening more and more frequently as of late.
- Yuehui: "What are these hilichurls up to?" "What happens to them after they go inside?" "Is there a disaster brewing?"
- Yuehui: These are the kinds of thoughts going through the guys' heads now. Everyone's driving themselves crazy worrying about it.
- Paimon: Uhhh! Paimon's not surprised... Paimon feels spooked just hearing about it.
- I don't dare imagine what's going on inside The Chasm...
- "Strange" is definitely the right word...
- Yuehui: Exactly. The deepest fear is the fear of the unknown, you know? So we have to get to the bottom of it before everyone can put their minds at rest.
- Paimon: Do we... do we really wanna take this commission? Um, thanks Mr. Miner, Sir, we need to consider it first—
- We'll take it.
- Paimon: Hey! You could at least pretend to consider Paimon's opinion first!
- When strange things like this happen...
- I'm inclined to think the Abyss Order is involved.
- Paimon: Oh, so that's where you're coming from. Hmm, well okay then, maybe we will find some clues about your twin.
- Paimon: You'll really regret it if you don't go, huh?
- Yuehui: So, what's your verdict? Will you take the commission? No pressure, but I gotta say... I'm not loving the prospect of my Mining Permit going to waste.
- Paimon: Yup, we'll take it. We're kinda curious ourselves now, too.
- Yuehui: Great. You're doing me an enormous service here. Now, let me give you the rough location that the hilichurls keep heading to...
- Complete "Surreptitious Seven-Star Seal Sundering" and find a way to enter The Chasm: Underground Mines.
- (Talk to Yuehui again)
- Yuehui: It took a huge amount of work to get this Mining Permit... I hope it was worth it. The rest is up to you.
- (Enter The Chasm: Underground Mines)
- (Upon reaching a blocked tunnel — if the player hasn't already opened it)
Paimon: Looks like we can't explore any further... Hmm, is there any way to open up this tunnel?
- (Complete The Heavenly Stone's Debris in order to open the tunnel)
- (Go to the designated location to investigate)
- (If Nameless Ruins has not been explored yet)
- Paimon: What the... It's a city?
- Paimon: A whole city that's... floating in the air... upside down!?
- I'm at a loss for words.
- This is not what I was expecting...
- (If Nameless Ruins is explored prior to the quest)
- Paimon: Is this where that miner guy wanted us to investigate?
- Paimon: Just look at this place, (Traveler)... Doesn't it remind you of something?
- Paimon: Wait, what was it again...
- "The Defiled Statue."
- Paimon: Yes, that's it! It's just like that. Just as strange, just as upside-down, and just as spooky.
- Paimon: In which case... Maybe whatever's going on in The Chasm really is connected to the Abyss Order.
- Paimon: Oh, we gotta get to the bottom of this...
- Paimon: ...Oh...
- Dainsleif: ...
- I was not expecting that.
- Dainsleif: The feeling is mutual. I certainly hadn't expected to meet you here, either.
- Paimon: Long time no see, Dain... Wait, but how did you suddenly end up here in The Chasm?
- Dainsleif: The Chasm? So, we're in the depths of The Chasm, are we. Interesting... This is one place where I have never set foot before.
- I have a lot of questions for you.
- Dainsleif: I understand how you must feel. Last time, we met suddenly and parted hastily.
- Dainsleif: Now our paths cross again... fate, it seems, owes you an explanation.
- First, tell me what you're doing here.
- What was going on with that portal just now?
- Dainsleif: That much should be self-explanatory. I came upon the trail of another Abyss Herald recently, and began pursuing it.
- Dainsleif: Unfortunately, I got as far as cornering him before he resorted to the same trick that they all do...
- Dainsleif: I was hot on his heels when I followed him through the portal, but as usual, it was to no avail. It took me to the wrong place.
- So you had the same issue with the portal last time?
- So you didn't actually catch up with my (sister/brother) last time?
- Dainsleif: Correct. Based on my recent experiences, I can only conclude that the Abyss's portals are not simply pathways from point A to point B, but gateways to an entire network.
- Dainsleif: Where they emerge on the other side is their choice. It can be anywhere within the network.
- Paimon: Sounds kinda similar to how Teleport Waypoints work...
- Dainsleif: In short, though I was right behind your twin last time when I entered that portal, the next moment that I realized where I was...
- Dainsleif: ...I was all alone, back in the ruins known as Stormterror's Lair.
- Paimon: Oh yeah, about that — whatever happened to the eye of the first Field Tiller?
- Dainsleif: It's in a safe place. You can be sure that I will learn the truth of the "Loom of Fate" operation sooner than it could ever fall into the Abyss Order's hands.
- Why don't you tell me who you really are?
- Who is the "Twilight Sword"?
- Dainsleif: Hah. So that title stuck in your memory.
- Dainsleif: I by no means went out of my way to conceal it from you. It once stood for the glory of Khaenri'ah, but now...
- Dainsleif: ...It is but a cruel joke. My curse to bear.
- Dainsleif: Twilight Sword was my title as captain of the Royal Guards when I witnessed the destruction of my entire homeland firsthand. I believe my reluctance to raise it in conversation is quite justified.
- Paimon: Sounds like your (sister/brother) was right...
- What is the history between you and my (sister/brother)?
- What happened between you?
- Dainsleif: We were travel partners.
- Dainsleif: We both partook in a painful journey of searching for our fate, but regrettably... we did not make it to the journey's end together.
- The journey's end...
- Dainsleif: Before you continue questioning me, I ought to warn you...
- Dainsleif: If my suspicions regarding the portal network are correct, then the fact that there is a portal leading here tells us that the Abyss Order has their eyes on this location.
- Paimon: You mean the Abyss Order is plotting something here? Actually, Paimon and the Traveler suspected that, too.
- Dainsleif: I mean that it's highly likely that even as we speak, the Abyss Order is watching our every move.
- Paimon: Uhh, don't say that! You're giving Paimon goosebumps!
- Let's go and investigate.
- I'll trust you. For now.
- Dainsleif: Huh, a wise choice. There appears to be light from a fire coming from near that rocky wall. Let's take a look.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
|English||In the Depths, an Unexpected Reunion||—|
Yuāndǐ Bùqí de Zàihuì
|At the Bottom of the Depths, an Unexpected Reunion|
Yuāndǐ Bùqí de Zàihuì
Yokisenu Entei no Saikai
|Unexpected Reunion in the Depths|
|Korean||심연 속의 우연한 재회|
Simyeon Sok-ui Uyeonhan Jaehoe
|Unexpected Reunion in the Abyss|
|Spanish||Encuentro inesperado en las profundidades||Unexpected Encounter in the Depths|
|French||Rencontre fortuite dans les profondeurs||Fortuitous Encounter in the Depths|
|Russian||Неожиданная встреча в глубинах|
Neozhidannaya vstrecha v glubinakh
Gan Pob Gun Eek Krang Doi Mai Kad Fan Tee Gon Haew
|Unexpected Reunion at the Bottom of the Abyss|
|Vietnamese||Hội Ngộ Nơi Đáy Vực|
|German||Unerwartetes Wiedersehen in den Tiefen||Unexpected Reunion in the Depths|
|Indonesian||Di Kedalaman, Reuni yang Tak Terduga||In the Depths, an Unexpected Reunion|
|Portuguese||Um Reencontro Inesperado nas Profundezas|
Released in Version 2.6