This enemy can be found via the Adventurer Handbook.
A mature Geovishap. It is said that after many years have passed, Geovishap Hatchlings will shed the armor that originally protected them and become Geovishaps. However these two and the older, greater Primo Geovishaps have spent many years hibernating under the mountains and have only emerged and become active in recent times. As such, none can personally attest to have witnessed or recorded such a thing in person.
Abilities and Attacks
When the battle with the Geovishap starts, it does not have any elemental infusion. All attacks will deal Geo damage.
Sometime during the fight, the Geovishap will infuse itself with either Cryo, Electro, Hydro or Pyro. The attacks may vary depending on the elemental variant of the Geovishap, and if it has not infused itself yet, then the attacks that would have dealt elemental damage may deal physical damage instead. The element the Geovishap obtains seems to depend on its surroundings, not what you attack it with. Look out for nearby a Electro Crystal, Flaming Flower, Mist Flower, or pool of water to determine the element it will obtain.
- Charge Attack: The Geovishap curls up into a ball and charges towards your location. Subsequently, after charging, it will sometimes perform a single jump attack.
- Jump Attack: The Geovishap will perform two jump attacks, jumping in the air and landing on your location in a small AoE. After this attack, it will temporarily be stunned for a couple seconds.
- Cryo: After landing, several spots will appear on the ground near the Geovishap that will deal Cryo damage after a few seconds.
- Pyro: Deals AoE Pyro damage after landing.
- Electro: After landing, it sends out several Electro orbs that fly around for a few seconds before dissipating, coming into contact with these orbs will deal Electro damage.
- Hydro: Deals AoE Hydro damage after landing.
- Slash and Punch: The Geovishap Hatchling approaches you and performs a slash with its right hand claws and then punch its left hand into the ground in front if it.
- Cryo: The slash deals physical damage and the punch deals Cryo damage.
- Pyro: Both the slash and punch are infused with Pyro.
- Electro: The slash deals physical damage and the punch will send out several Electro orbs, similar to the jump attack.
- Hydro: The slash deals physical damage and the punch deals Hydro damage
- Spike Attack: The Geovishap will slam its right hand onto the ground sending out a line of small spikes coming out of the ground towards your location dealing damage, and its left hand sending out another line of spikes, then with both hands sending out two lines.
- Cryo: The spikes deal physical damage. A ring of spots appears around the Geovishap that will deal Cryo damage after a few seconds.
- Pyro: The spikes deal Pyro damage.
- Electro: The spikes deal physical damage. After the attack, several Electro orbs will be send out.
- Hydro: The slashes deal Hydro damage.
- The Hydro variant will periodically and visibly mark the player. The mark will follow the player for several seconds before becoming stationary, giving the player the opportunity to avoid the attack, and then dealing some Hydro damage.
As the fight progresses, the Geovishap will slam both of its fists into the ground and infuse itself with either Cryo, Electro, Hydro or Pyro. This infusion is always the same for each specific location, and hints can be provided for overworld Geovishaps with the surrounding area. The infusion makes the Geovishaps attacks deal damage of said element, but it also permanently applies the same element onto them, allowing for a myriad of Elemental Reactions to be used for additional damage.
They can also be found through "On the Hunt" challenges from the Vishaps and Where to Find Them event.
- You can earn the "Touch and Go" and "...Geovishap, Solarvishap, Lunarvishap..." achievements by using a shield to counter a Geovishap's charging attack and by defeating it in all of its elemental forms respectively.
- The name Geovishap derives from the Greek prefix geo- and vishap (Armenian: վիշապ vishap), a dragon in Armenian mythology.