It can be found on a small island in the Guyun Stone Forest, Liyue. It takes the appearance of a large cube with a glowing core at its center. Like all Hypostases, it cannot take damage when its shell is intact, only when its core is exposed.
When defeated, the player must consume 40 Original Resin to claim its drops, which consists of Artifacts and Character Ascension Material for Characters using the Geo element. It takes 3 minutes for the Geo Hypostasis to respawn.
Code Name: Gimel. A high-purity Geo entity.
Elemental hypostases are ultra-compact structures with a high mass.
Concentrated elemental energy forms a solid shell around the core of the hypostasis, leaving only the core reactive to the elemental stimuli.in-game description from the Adventurer Handbook
Geo Hypostasis offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
|2||41||200||3,650||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||200||4,125||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||200||4,725||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team
Abilities and Attacks
- Summon Pillars: Summons 4 pillars in a large triangle formation around the arena, it will sit on one at a time and teleport between them.
- Stone Pellets: Flies into the air and forms a rhombus with its shell pieces before absorbing them all and using them to fire a continuous stream of stone pellets that can be easily avoided by moving around.
- Hammerfall: Teleports next to the player and forms it's shell pieces into a giant hammer that it smashes into the ground, sending out a shockwave in front of it. This attack can only be used once all of the Hypostasis' pillars have been destroyed.
- Clap: Quickly flies next to the player and forms a large wall, which folds in a "clapping" motion very quickly, dealing damage in an area in front of the wall. Dash sideways to dodge.
- Stone Seal: Floats into the air and forms a sort of flat, plated formation out of shell pieces while channeling a Geo seal around the player. After a few seconds, it will break the seal and instantly summon a large, damaging pillar at the player's location.
- Shockwave: Floats into the air and briefly channels energy into the pillar it is floating on before emitting a single shockwave. The shockwave deals moderate damage and has no follow-up attack.
- Rain of Rocks: Causes shell chunks and Geo pellets to continuously rain down in various small areas around the arena. This attack will only be used when the Hypostasis is on the ground, and only seems to work the first time it is used.
- Tremors: Spirals into the air and channels energy into its pillar, causing all pillars to emit continuous shockwaves for the duration of the attack. This attack is deadly and deals a massive amount of damage. Attack the concentrated Geo energy near the Hypostasis' pillar to create a Geo forcefield that blocks the shockwaves. While inside that forcefield, attack the pillar it is on to bring the Geo Hypostasis back down to ground level.
- Terra Resurgence: When HP is low (approx. 5%), the Hypostasis teleports to the center of the arena and forms 3 pillars that channel Geo energy. After 15 seconds, the pillars are absorbed to heal 15%/35%/50% of its HP for 1/2/3 pillars absorbed. Destroy all pillars to immediately kill the Hypostasis. If a pillar is destroyed, it will not respawn the next time "Terra Resurgence" is used. If if this move is completed, the Hypostasis will use "Summon Pillars".
When the fight is initiated, the Geo Hypostasis will immediately conjure four pillars as its starting attack. These Geo pillars can be damaged by any character, but claymores and Geo DMG are the most effective in damaging them. The damage dealt to these pillars is static regardless of character level and equipment.
The Geo Hypostasis will warp around active pillars and use a varying range of attacks at its disposal. Its "Stone Pellets" attack can also damage the pillars, but deals very little damage compared to claymores and the Geo element. The core itself can be damaged during its attacks when hovering on a pillar, but only with Bows and is much slower than physical attacks.
Whenever it performs its Tremor attack, a concentrated batch of Geo energy will appear next to the pillar where it is floating on. Destroying this batch of energy will generate a Geo shield dome that protects players from these shockwaves, as long as they are inside it.
Destroying the pillar the Geo Hypostasis is floating on will automatically cancel its attack and it will crash to the ground, becoming dazed for several seconds in the process.
If all pillars are destroyed, the Geo Hypostasis tends to resummon them immediately, but may occasionally perform a few other attacks before doing so if it does not.
When it reaches 5% of its health, it will warp to the center of the field and summon three pillars in an attempt revive itself. As with the normal pillars during the battle, they are weak to claymores and Geo DMG, but these are far weaker than the ones during the fight.
- Each of the Hypostases are named after one of the letters of the Hebrew Alphabet, with Gimel being named after the third.
- Its codename was previously recorded as "Grimoire" in the Adventurer Handbook, which did not match its monster title in-game.