Friendship Level is the progression of a character's bond with the Traveler. This progress bar is raised by obtaining Companionship EXP. All Characters in the Party gain the shown amount equally, removing or adding Characters to the Party does not give the other Characters more or less EXP.
- Starting Friendship Level. "Character Details" and some Voice-Overs are already unlocked.
- Unlocks the character's Story 1 (found in their Profile) and their second expression in Photo Mode. Their "More About (Character) - I" voice-over line is also usually unlocked if it wasn't already unlocked.
- Unlocks Story 2 and the "More About (Character) - II" voice-over.
- Unlocks Story 3, their third expression in Photo Mode, a new dialogue option when the character is placed in the Serenitea Pot, and many voice-over lines, including most voice-over lines about other characters. May unlock the character's item story (the one with a unique title).
- Unlocks Story 4 and the "More About (Character) - IV" voice-over.
- Unlocks all remaining Character Stories (Story 5, Vision, and possibly the item story) and all remaining voice-over lines that are tied to Friendship Level.
- Unlocks an additional dialogue option when character is placed in the Serenitea Pot.
- No additional unlocks
- No additional unlocks
- Unlocks a Namecard for that character and progresses the Hitherto Unknown achievement.
Note that some stories and voice-over lines have additional unlock requirements, such as completion of certain quests. Also note that some voice-over lines cannot be unlocked with increased Friendship Levels, such as the lines related to ascension.
Raising Friendship Levels
Companionship EXP can be gained through the following methods:
- Daily Commissions (25–60 each, based on Adventure Rank)
- Daily Commission Bonus Reward (45–100 per day, based on AR)
- Ley Line Outcrop (10–20 each, based on AR)
- Forging Mystic Enhancement Ore with Magical Crystal Chunks (10 per piece forged)
- Domains (10–20 each, based on selected difficulty)
- Serenitea Pot (2–5 per hour, based on Adeptal Energy)
- Random Events (10–15 each, up to 10 times per day)
- Note: Random World Quests appear to be fixed at 10 Companionship EXP at World Level 5 or below, and may reward 15 Companionship EXP starting at World Level 6.
Note: The EXP given for some of these methods is based on your Adventure Rank, can be doubled in Co-op Mode, and is only earned by the characters on the active party, excluding the Traveler or any characters already at Friendship Level 10.
Companionship EXP Required
|Level||EXP to Next||Total|
Character Namecards claimable at Friendship Level 10
- As of Version 1.5, when the active character in your party reaches a friendship level that unlocks voicelines, they will say one of their newly unlocked lines, such as their "More About (Character)" line.