Friendship Level is the progression of a character's bond with the Traveler. This progress bar is raised by obtaining Companionship EXP. All Characters in the Party gain the shown amount equally; removing or adding Characters to the Party does not give the other Characters more or less EXP.
- Starting Friendship Level. "Character Details" and some Voice-Overs are already unlocked.
- Unlocks the character's Story 1 (found in their Profile) and their second expression in Photo Mode. Their "More About (Character) - I" voice-over line is also usually unlocked if it wasn't already unlocked.
- Unlocks Story 2 and the "More About (Character) - II" voice-over.
- Unlocks Story 3, their third expression in Photo Mode, a new dialogue option when the character is placed in the Serenitea Pot, and many voice-over lines, including most voice-over lines about other characters. May unlock the character's item story (the one with a unique title).
- Unlocks Story 4 and the "More About (Character) - IV" voice-over.
- Unlocks all remaining Character Stories (Story 5, Vision, and possibly the item story) and all remaining voice-over lines that are tied to Friendship Level.
- Unlocks an additional dialogue option when character is placed in the Serenitea Pot.
- No additional unlocks
- No additional unlocks
- Unlocks a Namecard for that character and progresses the Hitherto Unknown achievement.
Note that some stories and voice-over lines have additional unlock requirements, such as completion of certain quests. Also note that some voice-over lines cannot be unlocked with increased Friendship Levels, such as the lines related to ascension.
Raising Friendship Levels
Companionship EXP can be gained through the following methods:
- Daily Commissions (25–60 each, based on Adventure Rank)
- Daily Commission Bonus Reward (45–100 per day, based on Adventure Rank)
- Ley Line Outcrop (10–20 each, based on Adventure Rank)
- Forging Mystic Enhancement Ore with Magical Crystal Chunks (10 per piece forged)
- Domains (10–20 each, based on selected difficulty)
- Random Events (10–15 each, up to 10 times per day, based on World Level)
- Random Events provide 10 Companionship EXP at World Level 5 and below. After World Level 6 there is a chance to receive 15 Companionship EXP.
- Serenitea Pot (2–5 accumulated per hour based on Adeptal Energy, distributed to each placed companion when claiming the Realm Bounty)
Note: The EXP given for some of these methods is based on your Adventure Rank, can be doubled in Co-op Mode, and is only earned by the characters on the active party, excluding the Traveler or any characters already at Friendship Level 10.
Companionship EXP Required
|Level||EXP Required||Total EXP|
|1 → 2||1,000||1,000|
|2 → 3||1,550||2,550|
|3 → 4||2,050||4,600|
|4 → 5||2,600||7,200|
|5 → 6||3,175||10,375|
|6 → 7||3,750||14,125|
|7 → 8||4,350||18,475|
|8 → 9||4,975||23,450|
|9 → 10||5,650||29,100|
Character Namecards claimable at Friendship Level 10