When fishing, players need to cast their line into a body of water. The exact casting spot can be adjusted by the player, and should not be too close to the fish to not scare it away, but close enough to grab its attention. Once the fish bites, the player has to time their reaction and control the line's tension to reel in the fish.
The ripple effect indicating available fishing spots will disappear once all its available fish have been caught, and will return once at least one fish has respawned. New fish will respawn every 3 real-time days.
Even though adjusting ingame-time does not influence the respawn rate, it should be noted that each fishing spot has a different set of fish for night and day. This means that players can fish twice the amount if a fish can be caught during both day times.
Fish caught can be processed in Cooking to produce Fish as a cooking item, and can also be exchanged for rewards in Fishing Associations of various regions, where the player can notably exchange new fishing rods with different effects.
List of Fish
|Bait||Fish (with Catching Difficulty)|
Very Easy Medaka
Very Easy Glaze Medaka
Very Easy Sweet-Flower Medaka
Very Easy Aizen Medaka
Very Easy Brown Shirakodai
Very Easy Purple Shirakodai
Very Easy Tea-Colored Shirakodai
Hard Abiding Angelfish
Very Hard Raimei Angelfish
Easy Lunged Stickleback
Easy Venomspine Fish
Hard Akai Maou
Very Hard Snowstrider
Medium Golden Koi
Medium Rusty Koi
Hard Bitter Pufferfish
Fishing Points are locations where fishing is possible. They are available in each region. The player will not be able to fish if they are currently in combat.
The catching difficulty is based on several parameters, including the rate of increase in progress, the size of the Ideal Tension Zone, and the movement of the Ideal Tension Zone. Other factors include how long it takes the fish to take the bait (higher difficulty = higher duration) and how long the player has to begin reeling in a fish that bit the bait (higher difficulty = shorter duration).
Ornamental fish can be found in fishing spots that emit a blue glow, and can be easily spotted among the cluster as its movements are erratic, jumping up and down in the fishing spot while the other fish calmly swim about. They are also much harder to catch.
- Ornamental Abiding Angelfish
- Ornamental Aizen Medaka
- Ornamental Akai Maou
- Ornamental Betta
- Ornamental Bitter Pufferfish
- Ornamental Brown Shirakodai
- Ornamental Crystalfish
- Ornamental Dawncatcher
- Ornamental Glaze Medaka
- Ornamental Golden Koi
- Ornamental Lunged Stickleback
- Ornamental Moonfin
- Ornamental Pufferfish
- Ornamental Purple Shirakodai
- Ornamental Raimei Angelfish
- Ornamental Rusty Koi
- Ornamental Snowstrider
- Ornamental Sweet-Flower Medaka
- Ornamental Tea-Colored Shirakodai
- Ornamental Venomspine Fish
Snap and Swing Snap and Swing
|When you fish successfully in Inazuma, Thoma's help grants a 20% chance of scoring a double catch.||Utility Passive|
- Fishing forcibly switches the character to the Traveler. As such, if they are currently knocked out, the player will be unable to fish until they are revived.
- Swimming or using an alternative dash to enter a fishing spot will scare all the fish away, replacing the ripple effect with a bubble effect until the fish return.
- Fishing cannot be started while the character is standing on frozen water, a Geo Construct, performing an idle animation, or in combat.
When catching fish, Paimon may say one of the following voicelines:
- (When almost capturing the fish)
- Paimon: Yeah! You've nearly got 'em!
- Paimon: Steady now! It's the final stretch!
- Paimon: So close, so close! Stay cool!
- Paimon: You've got it! You've got it!
- Paimon: Victory is almost ours!
- (When a fish escapes)
- Paimon: *sigh* What a shame... Let's try again!
- Paimon: Don't give up! You'll get the hang of it~
- Paimon: Don't worry about it, let's try again!
- (When a fish is caught)
- Paimon: Whoa! Nice catch!
- Paimon: Phew! That was a tough fight...
- Paimon: Wow, Paimon's stomach is rumbling already!
- Paimon: What is it, what is it? *gasp* Is it another Paimon?
- (When an ornamental fish is caught)
- Paimon: Yay! Time to celebrate!
- Paimon: Phew! Well, you couldn't have done it without Paimon!
- Paimon: You made that look easy!
- Paimon: Ooh, look at that! Quick, let's go show it off!
- Paimon: Paimon thinks you've earned yourself a new title: "Favonius Fish-Catching Extraordinaire"!
|Casting the Rod|