When fishing, players need to cast their line into a body of water. The exact casting spot can be adjusted by the player, and should not be too close to the fish to not scare it away, but close enough to grab its attention. Once the fish bites, the player has to time their reaction and control the line's tension to reel in the fish.
The ripple effect indicating available fishing spots will disappear once all its available fish have been caught, and will return once at least one fish has respawned. New fish will respawn every 72 hours.
Even though adjusting ingame-time does not influence the respawn rate, it should be noted that each fishing spot has a different set of fish for night and day. This means that players can fish twice the amount if a fish can be caught during both day times.
Fish caught can be processed in Cooking to produce Fish as a cooking item, and can also be exchanged for rewards in Fishing Associations of various regions, where the player can notably exchange new fishing rods with different effects.
List of Fish
|Bait||Fish (with Catching Difficulty)|
Very Easy Medaka
Very Easy Glaze Medaka
Very Easy Sweet-Flower Medaka
Very Easy Aizen Medaka
Very Easy Brown Shirakodai
Very Easy Purple Shirakodai
Very Easy Tea-Colored Shirakodai
Hard Abiding Angelfish
Very Hard Raimei Angelfish
Easy Lunged Stickleback
Easy Venomspine Fish
Hard Akai Maou
Very Hard Snowstrider
Medium Golden Koi
Medium Rusty Koi
Hard Bitter Pufferfish
Hard Divda Ray
Hard Formalo Ray
Fishing Points are locations where fishing is possible. They are available in each region. The player will not be able to fish if they are currently in combat.
The catching difficulty is based on several parameters, including the rate of increase in progress, the size of the Ideal Tension Zone, and the movement of the Ideal Tension Zone. Other factors include how long it takes the fish to take the bait (higher difficulty = higher duration) and how long the player has to begin reeling in a fish that bit the bait (higher difficulty = shorter duration).
Ornamental fish can be found in fishing spots that emit a blue glow when seen from a distance and can be easily spotted among the cluster as its movements are erratic, jumping up and down in the fishing spot while the other fish calmly swim about. They are also much harder to catch. (Thoma's Talent Snap and Swing, which gives a chance to double catch in Inazuma, also affects Ornamental Fish.) After being caught, Ornamental Fish can be displayed in the furnishing Pool of Sapphire Grace, available from Jiawei from the Liyue Fishing Association.
Some information about how these fish spawn:
- The appearance of an Ornamental Fish is completely random.
- Any fishing spot can have an Ornamental Fish.
- A fishing spot can have Ornamental Fish in either the day or night set of fish.
- Ornamental Fish appear regardless of the weather.
- Multiple Ornamental Fish can appear at the same fishing spot.
- Multiple Ornamental Fish can appear at the same time in a given fishing spot.
- Like all other fish, Ornamental Fish are included in a fishing spot's refresh every three real world days.
In short, any time a fish spawns, it can be Ornamental.
- Ornamental Abiding Angelfish
- Ornamental Aizen Medaka
- Ornamental Akai Maou
- Ornamental Betta
- Ornamental Bitter Pufferfish
- Ornamental Brown Shirakodai
- Ornamental Crystalfish
- Ornamental Dawncatcher
- Ornamental Divda Ray
- Ornamental Formalo Ray
- Ornamental Glaze Medaka
- Ornamental Golden Koi
- Ornamental Lunged Stickleback
- Ornamental Medaka
- Ornamental Moonfin
- Ornamental Pufferfish
- Ornamental Purple Shirakodai
- Ornamental Raimei Angelfish
- Ornamental Rusty Koi
- Ornamental Snowstrider
- Ornamental Sweet-Flower Medaka
- Ornamental Tea-Colored Shirakodai
- Ornamental Venomspine Fish
|Thoma||Snap and Swing||When you fish successfully in Inazuma, Thoma's help grants a 20% chance of scoring a double catch.||Utility Passive|
|Cast fishing rod.|
|Battle the fish.|
|Bring back fishing rod.|
|Exit fishing mode.|
The achievement category Teyvat Fishing Guide: Series I contains achievements related to fishing.
Other fishing achievements include the following. 2 Achievements match the category selection:
|"That's What They Call a Getaway!"||Wonders of the World||Allow a struggling fish to get off the hook.||5|
|"Oh, so That's How You Fish..."||Wonders of the World||Scare the fish away when casting your rod.||5|
- Fishing forcibly switches the character to the Traveler. As such, if they are currently knocked out, the player will be unable to fish until they are revived.
- Entering a fishing spot (by swimming, using an Alternate Sprint or using the Waverider) will scare all the fish away, replacing the ripple effect with a bubble effect until the fish return a few seconds after the player and Waverider left the spot.
- Fishing cannot be started while the character is standing on frozen water, a Geo Construct, performing an idle animation, or in combat.
- All worlds have fish, even worlds where the host has not completed "Exploding Population." Other players who have unlocked Fishing can catch their fish if they join their world.
When catching fish, Paimon may say one of the following voice-overs:
- (When almost capturing the fish)
- Paimon: Yeah! You've nearly got 'em!
- Paimon: Steady now! It's the final stretch!
- Paimon: So close, so close! Stay cool!
- Paimon: You've got it! You've got it!
- Paimon: Victory is almost ours!
- (When a fish escapes)
- Paimon: *sigh* What a shame... Let's try again!
- Paimon: Don't give up! You'll get the hang of it~
- Paimon: Don't worry about it, let's try again!
- (When a fish is caught)
- Paimon: Whoa! Nice catch!
- Paimon: Phew! That was a tough fight...
- Paimon: Wow, Paimon's stomach is rumbling already!
- Paimon: What is it, what is it? *gasp* Is it another Paimon?
- (When an ornamental fish is caught)
- Paimon: Yay! Time to celebrate!
- Paimon: Phew! Well, you couldn't have done it without Paimon!
- Paimon: You made that look easy!
- Paimon: Ooh, look at that! Quick, let's go show it off!
- Paimon: Paimon thinks you've earned yourself a new title: "Favonius Fish-Catching Extraordinaire"!
|Casting the Rod|