Favonius Greatsword is a 4-Star claymore.
Ascensions and Stats
|Ascension Cost (0 → 1)|
|Ascension Cost (1 → 2)|
12 Chaos Device
|Ascension Cost (2 → 3)|
|Ascension Cost (3 → 4)|
|Ascension Cost (4 → 5)|
|Ascension Cost (5 → 6)|
18 Chaos Core
Total Cost (0 → 6)
- Windfall has a chance to activate for each hit that deals damage to an enemy as well as for each enemy hit while the character is on the field. Therefore:
- Multi-hit skills such as Diona's Icy Paws (5 hits) are more likely to activate the passive.
- Skills that deal AoE damage such as Venti's Skyward Sonnet are more likely to activate the passive if the skill hits multiple enemies.
- If the character equipped with the weapon is not on the field when they deal critical damage, the passive will not activate.
- If the enemy is Immune to the damage dealt, then the passive will not activate.
- In Co-Op Mode, triggering Windfall generates elemental particles for all members of the team.
A heavy ceremonial sword of the Knights of Favonius. It is usually only issued after the approval of both the Grand Master and the Church.
The craftsmen in Mondstadt have achieved some results in elemental affinity by studying the ancient artifacts of Mondstadt.
This heavy greatsword is not only an honor bestowed upon a Knight of Favonius, but also the fruit of the hard work and skills of the guardians of Mondstadt.
It can channel elemental power with ease. Its bearer would do well to remember that destruction is but a means to an end, the end being to defend that which must be defended.
Only a single-handed form of Rostam the Wolf Pup's Favonius Bladework survives today.
Another form has been lost to history: that of Arundolyn, the Lion of Light, who could wield both a longsword and greatsword together in battle.
Because of the great strength needed, only those gifted with extraordinary strength could attempt this form. Thus, it soon died out.
Close companions growing up, Arundolyn was from a long line of knights while Rostam was born to a peasant family.
Their childhood friendship was forged from a shared dream of heroism. As young men, they became fellow knights; as mature adults, one became Grand Master and the other his assistant.
Grand Master Arundolyn was no Vision bearer. His formidable strength came from a mixture of natural gifts and intense training.
The Grand Master's strength was his pride, and the Grand Master was the pride of the Knights — nay, the pride of all in Mondstadt.
After Rostam met his fate, Arundolyn never displayed his strength again. For no longer was it a source of glory to challenge ferocious monsters.
Favonius Greatsword was promoted or featured with a drop-rate boost in 5 Event Wishes:
Epitome Invocation 2020-12-23
|December 23, 2020 – January 12, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2021-03-17
|March 17, 2021 – April 6, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2021-06-29
|June 29, 2021 – July 20, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2021-09-21
|September 21, 2021 – October 12, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2022-01-05
|January 5, 2022 – January 25, 2022|
- Noelle is seen wielding this claymore in her wish art, and in some endings of her first Hangout Quest, Chivalric Training.
- Diluc is seen wielding this claymore in Crash Course, Darknight Hero's Alibi, Slime Paradise, and Collected Miscellany - "Diluc: Dawn"｜Genshin Impact.
- The appearance of the crossguard and pommel of this weapon are similar to the design of Narsil/Andúril in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
Xīfēng dà jiàn
|West Wind Greatsword|
Xīfēng dà jiàn
|West Wind Greatsword[• 1]|
|Spanish||Gran Espada de Favonius||Favonius Great Sword|
|French||Espadon de Favonius||Favonius Greatsword|
|Russian||Двуручный меч Фавония
Dvuruchnyy mech Favoniya
|Vietnamese||Đại Kiếm Tây Phong||West Wind Greatsword|
|Portuguese||Espadão de Favonius||Favonius Great Sword|
- JA: Other possible reading is Sepyurosu taiken. See Knights of Favonius.