Fatui Cryo Cicin Mages harness the power of Cryo to attack their enemies.
Abilities and Attacks
(Attack names are not official.)
- Summon Cryo Cicin: Summons three Cryo Cicins. (Summoned Cicins will despawn when the Cryo Cicin Mage is defeated. The mage will only use this ability when no Cicins are summoned.)
- Cicin Encirclement: Commands summoned Cicins to quickly surround the target and simultaneously release an AoE burst of Cryo after a brief delay. After the attack, the Cicins become immobilized briefly.
- Cicin Disruption: Teleports summoned Cicins somewhere around the target, then commands them to sequentially charge to the target and release an AoE burst of Cryo after a brief delay. While charging, Cicins deal Cryo damage on contact.
- Decoy: Swaps positions with summoned Cicin(s).
- Cryo Shield: Conjures or completely replenishes a Cryo shield with energy from summoned Cryo Cicin(s). The shield is effective against Cryo attacks, but weak against Pyro and heavy attacks. The shield disappears when all Cryo Cicins are defeated.
- The energy projectile sent from Cicins does not deal damage and will travel through obstacles.
- The mage often uses this ability immediately after a Cicin Encirclement or Disruption attack.
- Note: If the final summoned Cicin is defeated immediately after sending energy to the mage, the mage will lose her shield but immediately re-conjure it.
- Cryo Blast: Channels Cryo energy to disgorge ice shards from the ground, dealing AoE Cryo damage to surrounding targets.
The Cryo bursts released by Cicins and the Cicin Mage deal high poise damage and have strong interruption ability, able to knock characters out of most animations.
- Like most human enemies, Cryo Cicin Mages are vulnerable to physical damage; ergo, use Sword and Claymore characters.
- This also means that Superconduct greatly softens their physical resistance.
- Cryo Cicin Mages will be supplied with an endless amount of shields until all summoned Cryo Cicins have been defeated. If you do not have enough burst damage to quickly burn through these shields, prioritize attacking the Cicins instead to temporarily disable this ability. Xiangling and other Pyro characters are great for this; and can be used to make reactions with other Elements introduced by characters.
- Use Geo attacks on the mages' Cryo shields to generate Cryo Shards, which you can pick up to gain Cryo Shields to neutralize their attacks. Alternatively, you can dodge this attack by sprinting away.
- Use the environment to your advantage: You can drown Cryo mages in deep water when their shields are down, and you can hide behind trees to avoid their Cicins' attacks. Unfortunately, few mages are near water, and it is better off to avoid getting Frozen by them or their Cicins' attacks.
Fatui Cicin Mages locations can mostly be pinpointed on the map by using the Adventurer Handbook.
|Fatui Cryo Cicin Mage|
|Summoning Cicins||One after another.|
|Now, my pretties!|
|Attacking||This could hurt!|
|Taking Damage||Ergh... Not this time!|
|Activating Shield||Getting a little cold?|
|Come a little closer!|
|Eh he he he he he!|