Abilities and Attacks
For most of the attacks below, the core will be exposed for a few seconds after the boss uses their attack. Use this opportunity to deal damage to the boss.
In some instances, when its health falls below 20%, it will fall to the ground and cease all offensive retaliation against the player. This leaves it completely vulnerable to all attacks (bar Anemo elemental damage) until its defeat, and makes its effective health only 80% of what appears on the health bar.
Strangely, it can occasionally take extremely low (~0.02% of health) damage from an Anemo character.
- Vacuum Crash: Creates a vacuum wind area of effect that draws the player to the middle of the circle, and then crashes down hard at the center. After using this ability, it will expose its core for a while.
- Tornado: While in mid-air, the Eye of the Storm charges for a while, and then quickly forms a tornado that charges in a straight line.
- Domain of the Wild Wind: Flies high, and starts to channel Anemo power to the earth, creating a wind wall around it that prevents the player from moving away. After a while, it will summon multiple pillars of wind that would chase the player and scatter rocks everywhere, dealing continuous AoE DMG. While channeling this ability, it will expose its core, a single hit while exposed will make it fall to the ground.
- Archers and Casters like Fischl, Klee, Mona, Ningguang, Childe, Yanfei, and Lisa can allow the player to attack the Eye of the Storm at range, safe from its attacks. Casters work especially well, as some have auto-aim.
- Dash when the Eye of the Storm is casting Vacuum Crash or Domain of the Wild Wind. This will allow you to get out of the range where the damage applies.
- Diona's Elemental Skill, Icy Paws, both deals damage and creates a shield. She is a Cryo archer as well, allowing her to deal damage safely.
- As with most enemies, Noelle's elemental defense Breastplate allows her or any other character to survive a normally killing blow.
- The Eye of the Storm can be Frozen.
- When the core is exposed, hit the Eye of the Storm with a ranged attack; this will interrupt its current attack and it will fall to the ground, immobile. Then, you can safely attack it with a melee character or your main DPS.
Eye of the Storm locations cannot be pinpointed on the map as it is not on the Adventurer Handbook.