Engulfing Lightning (Japanese: 草薙の稲光 Kusanagi no Inabikari) is an Inazuman polearm.
Ascensions and Stats
|Ascension Cost (0 → 1)|
|Ascension Cost (1 → 2)|
18 Chaos Gear
|Ascension Cost (2 → 3)|
|Ascension Cost (3 → 4)|
18 Chaos Axis
|Ascension Cost (4 → 5)|
14 Chaos Oculus
|Ascension Cost (5 → 6)|
27 Chaos Oculus
Total Cost (0 → 6)
- At R1, approximately 286% additional Energy Recharge (386% in total) is needed to maximize the weapon's ATK increase bonus.
The naginata was a lethal weapon by which scattered dross might be cut away.
And the one who wielded that naginata was one who guarded the path to eternity.
When the one who stood high above the storm clouds looked upon the mortal world, which she so loved,
Seeing their shallow disputes and transient obsessions...
Such contentions stemmed from needless attachments and unchecked desire — both enemies of eternity.
The wild weeds that disturbed the unchanging world would be swept away by the lightning.
"Well then — what sort of Eternity would ▉▉'s eyes reflect?" So asked the clergyperson who sloshed and drank wine with her under the sakura tree in that still-clear memory.
What a pointless question. Though the answer she gave them was lost to the alcohol,
She had gained the answer countless times in those memories. One must thin fruits to improve their quality, and plants used in dyes must have their flowers pruned.
Not a single speck of dross could be permitted in an eternal paradise.
"Ah, but even so..."
"Using that great blade of light to uproot all obsession and to eliminate the possibility for dreams to take root and wither by themselves..."
"A tranquil world that brooks no dispute, no gain, or no loss... It shall be an amnesiac world, lost to itself."
In the heart of eternity, those old friends still appear so clear and the scent of the sakura remains so fresh.
But I will never forget you, just as I will not forget the things that were lost across the years.
Having witnessed the pitch-dark annihilation consume those precious to her,
How could she not see the absurd nature of life and death, yes, incomprehensible destiny itself, as her mortal foe?
But since no one can overturn the impermanence of the world,
and the barren nature of this game,
Then let the eternal euthymia within her heart carry forth into the nation she loves.
Engulfing Lightning was promoted or featured with a drop-rate boost in 2 Event Wishes:
Epitome Invocation 2021-09-01
|September 1, 2021 – September 21, 2021|
Epitome Invocation 2022-03-08
|March 8, 2022 – March 29, 2022|
- The Japanese name of the polearm Kusanagi no Inabikari (Japanese: 草薙の稲光 "Lightning of Grass-Cutting") may be a reference to Kusanagi no Tsurugi (Japanese: 草薙の剣 "Sword of Grass-Cutting"), one of the Three Imperial Regalia of Japan. In Shinto, the sword symbolizes the valor of an emperor and the nation.
- The mythology says the sword was found from the dead body of the great serpent Yamata no Orochi (which may have inspired the serpent god Orobashi in the game), who had been slain by the storm god Susanoo no Mikoto. Susanoo then rescued and married the damsel in distress Kushinadahime, who is the goddess of rice plant, which in turn is traditionally associated with thunder and lightning. For example, Inazuma ("Lightning") literally means the "Spouse of Rice-Plant" (Susanoo in this case).
- According to legends, the sword was wielded by the hero Yamato Takeru, when one of his enemies set a fire to burn him in the midst of the field. He then cut down the grass with this sword to reverse the direction of the flames; one legend from the classic Nihon Shoki even says the magical sword moved autonomously for this action. Hence the sword earned the name Kusanagi ("Grass-Cutting").
- The form of Engulfing Lightning is most similar to that of a naginata.
|Language||Official Name||Literal Meaning|
Tìcǎo zhī Dàoguāng
Tìcǎo zhī Dàoguāng
Kusanagi no inabikari
|Lightning of Grass-Cutting|
|Spanish||Luz del Segador||Light of the Reaper|
|French||Lumière du faucheur||Light of the Reaper|
|Vietnamese||Đoạn Thảo Trường Đao||Grasscutting Glaive|
|German||Grasschnittstrahl||Grass Cut Beam|
|Portuguese||Luz do Cortador de Grama||Grasscutter's Light|