In the world of Teyvat — where the seven elements flow and converge — anyone can be blessed with power from one of the Archons.
Elements and Archons
The Archons bestow some of their elemental power to mortals in the form of Visions. Visions are similar in appearance to glass pendant orbs, they allow the wielders to focus their mental energy so that they can use the elemental powers of the Archon that blessed them. Once given this power, the wielders are called "Allogenes".
There are seven powers that exist to discover in Teyvat, each with their respective Archons and their own region/city that worships said Archon.
|Anemo (Wind)||Mondstadt||Barbatos (Venti)||Germany|
|Geo (Earth)||Liyue||Rex Lapis||China|
|Electro (Lightning)||Inazuma||The Immortal Shogun||Japan|
|Dendro (Nature)||Sumeru||God of Wisdom||Middle East/India|
|Hydro (Water)||Fontaine||God of Justice||France|
|Cryo (Frost)||Snezhnaya||The Tsaritsa||Russia|
Simply coming in contact with elements will cause the character, enemy, or object to be afflicted with an elemental status effect, some of which cause a debuff.
Ley Line Disorders
- The effect can be momentarily dispelled by intentionally causing elemental reactions on the character. For example, abilities like Barbara's Let the Show Begin and Xingqiu's Guhua Sword - Fatal Rainscreen can apply the Hydro effect on the character.
- The aura will only affect the characters currently on the field.
|Engulfing Storm||Continuously drains Energy Recharge.|
|Slowing Water||Increases skill CD durations (-80% Reduce CD).|
|Smoldering Flames||Continuously inflicts damage over time.|
|Condensed Ice||Increases stamina consumption.|
Applying certain combinations of elemental effects on a target (monster and player) will trigger an elemental reaction.
|Burning||+||Deals Pyro DMG over time.|
|Crystallize||+||Absorbs some of the target's elemental energy and drops a crystal that can give a character an elemental shield if they touch the crystal. The shield will absorb all types of damage, but it protects against the shield's element more effectively than other types of damage.|
|Electro-Charged||+||Deals Electro DMG over time.|
|Frozen||+||Freezes the target.|
|Melt||+||Attack will deal x2 damage if Pyro is the triggering element or x1.5 damage if Cryo is the triggering element.|
|Overloaded||+||Deals AoE Pyro DMG.|
|Superconduct||+||Deals AoE Cryo DMG and reduces the target's Defense.|
|Swirl||+||Deals extra elemental damage and spreads the effect.|
|Vaporize||+||Attack will deal x2 damage if Hydro is the triggering element or x1.5 damage if Pyro is the triggering element.|
When there are certain combinations of elemental characters in the party the whole party will receive a bonus. These bonuses stack and apply in Co-Op Mode.
- When using Co-op mode, if part of the party is in an Abyssal Domain the resonance will be determined by the characters that are in the domain and only characters in the domain will benefit from the bonuses.
- Demo characters that are available during Character Story Quests do not affect the resonance.
- A spring fairy in the book Heart of Clear Springs (II) tells the tales of a faraway realm of Hydro, meaning that each element has its own realm.