Elemental Nodes and Infusion Stones are objects that imbue nearby enemies with elemental buffs. They appear in certain Domains and some parts of the Teyvat overworld. They can appear in domains that do not have Ley Line Disorders like Floor 12 of the Version 1.5 Spiral Abyss, and they have somewhat different effects from Auras. Unlike Elemental Nodes, Infusion Stones can be broken.
Elemental Nodes usually start in a closed state, and when the challenge starts, they open up and pulse periodically, buffing enemies within range.
The range of these nodes is significantly larger than their pulse visuals would imply; further testing is needed to determine their exact range (possibly the entire area of the Domain fighting area).
Nodes pulse once every 15 seconds, buffing all enemies in range:
- Un-buffed enemies gain a 3.6-unit Elemental Gauge of the node's element .
- Unlike elemental gauges applied by characters' talents and most other elemental sources, the gauge from the node's buff does not decay over time, and instead lasts until depleted by Elemental Reactions.
- Triggering an Elemental Reaction first if the enemy already has an elemental gauge of a different element.
- Corresponding elements which aren't from nodes won't affect the buff, whether before or during buffing.
- Buffed enemies gain 1.2 extra gauge unit.
- The max available gauge of this buff is 3.6 units.
- Once an enemy's buff gauge is fully depleted, the enemy cannot regain the buff in next 2 pulses.
Until the Elemental Gauge has been depleted, enemies will gain 50% RES to all damage types along with an additional 50% RES to the node's element, Interruption Resistance and another bonus based on the node's element:
- Cryo: +100% DEF
- This DEF increase effect will be added to the DEF reduction effect from characters.
- For example, after the enemy gets the Cryo-enhanced state, Razor uses his skill to reduce their DEF by 15%, and the DEF of the enemy becomes 2 - 0.15 = 1.85 times instead of 2 * (1-0.15) = 1.7.
- Pyro: +40% ATK
- This ATK increase effect will be added to the enemy ATK reduction effect from characters.
- For example, after the enemy gets the Pyro-enhanced state, Diona uses her Burst skill to reduce their ATK by 10%, and the ATK of the enemy becomes times instead of .
- In the Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula, the node also appears to buff the defense.
- The buff can be removed with elemental reactions such as Melt and Vaporize.
- Electro: Increases the Cooldown Reduction of enemies by 50%.
- This effect can be observed on some enemies such as Electro Cicin Mages, increasing the rate at which they are able to use their Supercharged Shield attack, but it is not yet known exactly which other enemies and attacks it affects.
- In the Version 1.5 Spiral Abyss Floor 12 Chamber 2, the Electro Elemental node appears to have the effect of increasing the Treasure Hoarders' defense and Interruption Resistance as well. The Electro buff can be removed via elemental reactions with Electro.
Infusion Stones buff enemies the same way as the Elemental Nodes in Domains, but the infusion stones are vulnerable to damage and can be destroyed to immediately remove their Auras and buffs from enemies.
These stones function similarly to Geo Constructs and can be broken with Heavy attacks from Claymores, Geo, Plunging, and Explosions.
- Abyssal Traces: Pyro node
- Eagle's Gate: Pyro node
- Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula: Pyro node
- Midsummer Courtyard: Electro node
- Floors 5, 6, 8
- Version 1.5, Floor 12, Chamber 2, First Half has an Electro Elemental Node
- Version 1.6, Floor 12, Chamber 2, First Half has a Cryo Elemental Node
- Calling Down the Thunder, Electro stone
- Tianqiu Valley ruin, infusion stone
- Nine Pillars of Peace ruin, Pyro infusion stone
- Dragonspine, Cryo infusion stones