It resembles a spherical automaton with a petal like head, and a tail on its back. When inactive, they fold their petals and lie on the ground.
Defense Mechanisms drop nothing.
Abilities and Attacks
Names are unofficial.
Pyro Defense Mechanism
- Aimed Projectile: Fires multiple fireballs at the player, dealing Pyro DMG.
Cryo Defense Mechanism
- Aimed Projectile: Fires multiple ice shards at the player, dealing Cryo DMG.
Hydro Defense Mechanism
- Homing Bubble: Launches a bubble that will trap the player upon contact, dealing Hydro DMG.
Electro Defense Mechanism
- Electrical Shock: Sends one pulse of electricity to the player, dealing Electro DMG.
- Lightning Spark: Summons lightning from the sky, dealing AoE Electro DMG.
The Defense Mechanism is currently found in several places throughout Dragonspine, and spawns in Crimson Wish missions. One can also be found via a world quest called From Outer Lands on the Golden Apple Archipelago.
- Despite being listed as a common enemy, they are only found in a few spots around Dragonspine such as the peak.
- Defense mechanisms spawn with stats based on the players world level, but because they do not respawn or despawn, defense mechanisms retain the same stats.
- This means that loading an area where defense mechanisms spawn at level 40 will make them very easy to kill at later levels, seeing as their health bar does not increase.
- They technically act as more of a hazardous obstacle than as a true enemy (despite the battle music) since summons and Ningguang's attacks don't target it (although Normal Attacks will auto-target them), and Mini-Seelies which normally hide from enemies will not hide from them.
- Unique among them is that they also target enemies present in its sight, making them the only enemy to do so.