Nine shackles of stone were said to have been laid down deep in the valleys of Cuijue Slope to drive off evil and cleanse the world.Nine Pillars of Peace
Located within the heart of the region are the Nine Pillars and a temple to the center. When you enter the vicinity of the pillars, the sky will suddenly turn dark and gray, and areas outside Cuijue Slope will have an unnaturally dark appearance to them. This visual effect will persist until you reach a certain range from the area.
- Hilichurl Berserker
- Hilichurl Shooter
- Electro Hilichurl Shooter
- Pyro Hilichurl Shooter
- Geo Samachurl
- Dendro Samachurl
- Rock Shieldwall Mitachurl
- Stonehide Lawachurl
- Treasure Hoarder Scout
- Treasure Hoarder Gravedigger
- Treasure Hoarder Cryo Potioneer
- Treasure Hoarder Electro Potioneer
- Treasure Hoarder Hydro Potioneer
- Treasure Hoarder Pyro Potioneer
- Fatui Geochanter Bracer
- Fatui Pyroslinger Bracer
- Fatui Cryogunner Legionnaire
- Fatui Hydrogunner Legionnaire
- Fatui Anemoboxer Vanguard
- Fatui Electrohammer Vanguard
- Electro Cicin
- Pyro Whopperflower
- Pyro Regisvine
- Torch-lighting puzzle
Very little is known about Cuijue Slope outside of what is told in the inscription that starts the Nine Pillars of Peace World Quest. According to legend, the nine pillars were erected to keep nine human desires at bay: Greed, nostalgia, vision, jealousy, anger, lust, self-aggrandizement, competition, and turmoil. By doing so, the conflicts plaguing the world would be quelled. However, if someone were to break the pillars and enter the temple, war would once again consume the world. The inscription thus implores any who would break the seal to take the treasures within and defend Liyue.
Archaeologically, Cuijue Slope is rather unique from other regions of Liyue. The entrance to the shrine is built in a style seen nowhere else in Liyue's currently released regions, and its door features an insignia seen nowhere else. Little to no information exists on the pillars even in Liyue folklore either; however, close observation on the area where the Stone of Remembrance is inlaid reveals that it depicts something very similar to a yaksha mask — specifically, a squished version of Xiao's mask. Stones of Remembrance are obtained by offering Geoculi to Statues of The Seven in Liyue, suggesting they are closely linked to Morax and perhaps even Celestia itself.
By inlaying a Stone of Remembrance into a pillar, the mask's visage cracks (typically throwing off the one who inlaid the stone as well), then an entire portion of the pillar breaks off to reveal a glowing geometric design underneath. The portion that will be destroyed glows white when viewed with Elemental Sight.
After entering the ruin, the first most notable feature of the ruin are the greenish-blue lights that light up the area. So far, such lighting has not appeared in any other ruin. In the chamber at the bottom of the stairs is a large Pan Chang knot in the middle, inlaid inside a circle and surrounded by four other Pan Chang knots. Two yaksha statues stand before another doorway which leads to treasure.
- During Closed Beta Test 3, Cuijue Slope looked different; the pillars were grouped closer together and the valley was not as deep as it is now, nor was there a body of water in the valley. There does not seem to have been any special sky effect upon entering their vicinity.
- Viewpoints: Nine Pillars of Peace, Cuijue Slope
- While the English version says "bring peace to Liyue," a more literal reading of the original Chinese equivalent says "defend Liyue in the eight directions (alternatively, from all sides)."