In order to fight Daleth, players must first thaw the ice shard underneath during the quest In the Mountains. After this is completed, the boss will spawn over the ice where the elemental monuments, automatons, and switches used to be.
When defeated, the player must consume 40 Original Resin to claim its drops, which consists of Artifacts and Character Ascension Material for Characters using the Cryo element. It takes 3 minutes for the Cryo Hypostasis to respawn.
Code name: Daleth. A high-purity Cryo entity.
Research suggests that there are subtle differences between elemental hypostases and other elemental life forms in terms of their physical composition. Perhaps these differences can account for their high level of homeostasis and their almost mechanical movements.
Cryo Hypostasis offers the following Artifact Sets.
Rewards and difficulty increase with Adventure Rank (AR).
|2||41||200||3,650||30||Previous Rewards +
|4||62||200||4,125||35||Previous Rewards +
|6||83||200||4,725||40||Previous Rewards +
Artifact drop ranges are primarily sourced from the Genshin Data Gathering team
Abilities and Attacks
For most of the attacks below, the core will be exposed for a few seconds after the boss uses the attack. Use this opportunity to deal damage to the boss.
- Icy Explosion: Creates a barrier of detonating icicles around itself while spawning icicles where the player is standing with a short delay. Dodge by either periodically dashing around the edge of the arena or running towards the exposed core.
- Clap: Quickly flies next to the player and forms a large wall, which folds in a "clapping" motion very quickly, dealing damage in an area in front of the wall. Dash sideways to dodge.
- Frost Wheel: Transforms into a wheel that travels in a straight line towards the player that leaves a damaging Cryo trail behind it. This attack may turn up to three times.
- Homing Icicles: Flies into the air and forms a rhombus with its shell pieces before firing each of them at the player. The trajectory of these projectiles is curved, but can be dodged by dashing under the Hypostasis during the attack. The core is exposed during this attack.
- Crystalline Skirt: Forms a "skirt" of icicles which it shoots in three rings of increasing diameter. The last ring creates an area of Cryo that damages the player when stood on or jumped over. Can be avoided by moving to the far side of the arena.
- Glacial Shield: When HP is low (approx. 5%), teleports to the center of the arena and forms a thick icy shield around the core. While maintaining this state, summons several Frostfruits around it while regenerating a percentage of HP every second. Homing Icicles will be fired periodically during this phase. Players are able to use Charged Attacks against the fallen Frostfruits to destroy the shield and expose the core.
Unlike the other Hypostases, the Cryo Hypostasis also has a passive effect throughout the entire fight: While the player is nearby, Sheer Cold accumulates faster than usual. There are three Ruin Braziers around the boss to remove Sheer Cold.
Being an elemental lifeform of pure Cryo energy, the boss itself is susceptible to Melt when attacked by Pyro characters, who deal twice as much damage when applying Pyro on Cryo, so it is recommended to bring Pyro characters against this boss. Superconduct is only recommended for physical users, as while the boss' defense decreases, the explosion deals Cryo damage, which it is immune to. Frozen is completely useless as boss enemies are immune to its effects.
When it reaches critical health, the Cryo Hypostasis will attempt to heal itself back to at least half health, applying a powerful shield in the process. It will also launch Frostfruits around it, which can only be moved with Charged Attacks. The Frostfruits will damage the shield and at least three of them are needed to break the Cryo Hypostasis' shield. Since it does not attempt to revive itself like the others, the Cryo Hypostasis will continue attacking the player as it heals itself. While the shield can be tackled with Pyro attacks, the mechanic is intended to be dealt with using Frostfruits.
The first Frostfruit will be launched at the player, and the other two Frostfruits will be launched further away. If the player intends to use a melee character's Charged Attacks, the player should save stamina before this phase so that the player will have enough stamina to run to the Frostfruits and use Charged Attacks.
Aimed Shots that are not fully charged still count as Charged Attacks and will move the Frostfruits.
Frostfruits move in the opposite direction from the side that receives a hit, so while it suffices for the player to remain in one location and use a bow character's Charged Attacks to hit the Frostfruits, the player must be sure to hit the side of a Frostfruit that is not facing the Cryo Hypostasis in order to send the Frostfruit in the right direction. Similarly, if the player is using a melee character's Charged Attacks, the player must be sure to run "behind" the Frostfruits so that the Charged Attacks send the Frostfruits in the right direction. Frostfruits that do not roll toward the boss will not break the shield.
PC users can quickly release an Aimed Shot without needing to use the Aimed Shot Mode keybind by holding the attack button and quickly releasing it, similar to how Charged Attacks are executed for melee characters.
After the shield is destroyed, the Cryo Hypostasis will be left dazed as it tries to recollect itself. The player(s) have around 15–20 seconds to destroy the exposed core. If the core is not destroyed in time, it will stabilize and the fight resets with whatever health it had remaining.
Besides Dragonspine, the Cryo Hypostasis has appeared in the following Spiral Abyss floors:
- Version 1.6 Floor 10, Chamber 3, First Half
- Each of the Hypostases are named after one of the letters of the Hebrew Alphabet, with Daleth being named after the fourth.
- Firing a Frostflake Arrow with Ganyu at the ceiling of the cavern underneath will trigger the Cryo Hypostasis battle. This is believed to be a bug, though.
- Unlike its other brethren, the Cryo Hypostasis has rounded edges on its cube-like form.
- This is the same with the Pyro Hypostasis.